It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it's going to happen, then let it happen already

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If the gulf is going to blow, then let it blow.
If there is going to a mass evacuation and martial law, then so be it, lets get it done.
If the economy is going to crash, the banks close, etc., then do it.
If there is going to be a revolution and a new civil war, then get on with it.
If there is going to be a pandemic that wipes half of us off the earth, bring it on.
If there is going to be a nuclear terrorist attack that results in all of the above, then so be it. Just let it happen..and soon.

Now, you may be thinking that Seeashrink needs to see a shrink, and I wonder sometimes myself, but I think that I am speaking for more than just myself here.
I believe that many of us know that something is coming and that is why we come to ATS, to try and figure out just WHAT and WHEN!!

It doesn't make us war mongers, doomers, or anything else, it simply means we have our heads out of the sand (and other personal places) and our eyes open. So why am I so eager for it to happen? Well, the reasons are selfish, but some of you will identify with this as well. I'm 54 years old. I'm not in the shape I once was. Things hurt that didn't use to hurt, arthritus has set in, etc. In another 10 or 15 years I won't be fit for dog food or the glue factory. Remember the pictures from WW II of the old Jews (and others) being hauled around in cattle cars and trucks? I don't want that to be me. I want to be able to fight until I can't, not soiling myself in a railroad car somewhere.

So if it's going to rain let it rain now...while I still have the strength to open an umbrella.
Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
A watched pot never boils....

I'm afraid that we will have to wait yet a while longer before all hell breaks loose. Like watching a train wreck in slow motion...

It took about 4 years for the Great Depression to come into full fruition.

The US Civil War was about 3 decades and a previous war in the making.

WWII resulted from the efforts of a host of countries over 20 years.

As for the present... we are still watching the treailers and previews... although the feature presentation will begin shortly... popcorn anyone?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
very true.. nothing happens instantly , well very few things.. most of everything just takes time to come together... like the poster said the great depressions didn't happen instantly.. and if you were part of it it would happen allot slower that how we learn about it , we just pick out the key dates and jump from one to the next.. however..

You are correct, it seems like this pot has been heating up , and heating up and heating up, for a long long time.. what I fear is were not heating up water to a boil were heating up gasoline to boiling.. its hard to do but once you do, you make napalm. and then its a very violent reaction.

Seatbacks and tray tables up, its going to be a rough ride.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

Well said E-ville and Alreadygone. I'm just really, really tired of waiting for the inevitable.
Seeashirk

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Have you ever canned tomatoes?

You have to till the soil, plant the tomato plants, tend them and watch them grow. Maybe drive some tall stakes next to the plant and tie the tomatoes up.

Then when ready, you have to pick and wash...then prep them...sanitize your lids and jars and rings...then, gently pour the tomatoes into the mason jars and turn the rings and lids onto the jars.

All the while, you slowly heat the water in your canning pot, put the warm jars into the canner and bring to a boil.

As the pressure builds inside the jars from the heat...bacteria are killed, a vaccum is formed, and the seals are sealed.

Sometimes, the pressure is too great...and CRACK...BAM. The jar explodes...glass shards and tomatoes go everywhere...all across the kitchen, up against the ceiling...one fine mess that is never really cleaned up until you paint.

Months in the making...all explodes in succession in a matter of moments.

This is the world we live in.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

some things happen just because they can't not happen.

Sorry it looks silly, but this is a translation from War and Peace. The problem is that it's a stupid way to think. I do think this way, but that's not ok.

I'm going to die sometime in the next 50 years, using this logic I should kill myself today to avoid the rush.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
If the gulf is going to blow, then let it blow.
If there is going to a mass evacuation and martial law, then so be it, lets get it done.
If the economy is going to crash, the banks close, etc., then do it.
If there is going to be a revolution and a new civil war, then get on with it.
If there is going to be a pandemic that wipes half of us off the earth, bring it on.
If there is going to be a nuclear terrorist attack that results in all of the above, then so be it. Just let it happen..and soon.

Now, you may be thinking that Seeashrink needs to see a shrink, and I wonder sometimes myself, but I think that I am speaking for more than just myself here.
I believe that many of us know that something is coming and that is why we come to ATS, to try and figure out just WHAT and WHEN!!

It doesn't make us war mongers, doomers, or anything else, it simply means we have our heads out of the sand (and other personal places) and our eyes open. So why am I so eager for it to happen? Well, the reasons are selfish, but some of you will identify with this as well. I'm 54 years old. I'm not in the shape I once was. Things hurt that didn't use to hurt, arthritus has set in, etc. In another 10 or 15 years I won't be fit for dog food or the glue factory. Remember the pictures from WW II of the old Jews (and others) being hauled around in cattle cars and trucks? I don't want that to be me. I want to be able to fight until I can't, not soiling myself in a railroad car somewhere.

So if it's going to rain let it rain now...while I still have the strength to open an umbrella.
Seeashrink
It already happened, I skipped your funeral.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm with you on this one.
Just remember to keep a level head and dont let it mess with you TOO much.
As I was reading your post I kept seeing the bathroom scene from full metal jacket, when private pyle snaps.
Be careful with yourself.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I can relate to your feeling of get on with it then lol. However it may help you to see things the way i do. I used to be big on eschatology and end times stuff when i was a christian. To some degree it still fascinates me but i pretty much stay away from it. I was intrigued with it mostly because i was obsessed with the end of the world. Afraid of it and wantiong to see it coming etc etc. Then one day i finally realized something. That my end will more than likely come before THE end. Even if THE end comes for the whole world the funny thing i realized is i will be way to worried with my dying to care much about the rest of the world. It will all boil down to the fact that me and my small group of loved ones will perish and thats that. So now i can sleep at night and dont have anxiety anymore because death is coming for us all sooner or later. If there is a planet left after i am gone then awesome but it wont do me much good anyways.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Thanks for the video. No, I'm not on the edge, I'm a realist. I know that I could die tonight or I could be vaporized by the first nuke, or I could be shot in the first exchange of gunfire. Being a cop, death is always a reality. I don't fear death, I fear judgement. It's just that we all know that there is something big on the horizon. Its almost tangible, you can almost taste it. You try to prepare, but how much and for what? The scenarios are endless it seems. Anxiety? Sure, I'm not going to lie. But it's not like it's debilitating (sp?). More frustration than anything.
Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

I can relate to what you are saying as I use to be real big into eschatology myself. For a long time now I have believed that I don't need to worry about the coming of the Lord, as far as the second coming goes, because He could come for me anytime and that is how I should live. However, I'm not very good at it. You have a good point, thanks for the reply.
Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Thanks for the video. No, I'm not on the edge, I'm a realist. I know that I could die tonight or I could be vaporized by the first nuke, or I could be shot in the first exchange of gunfire. Being a cop, death is always a reality. I don't fear death, I fear judgement. It's just that we all know that there is something big on the horizon. Its almost tangible, you can almost taste it. You try to prepare, but how much and for what? The scenarios are endless it seems. Anxiety? Sure, I'm not going to lie. But it's not like it's debilitating (sp?). More frustration than anything.
Seeashrink

I get it, I understand.
But it is so important to sometimes stop and just be.. just breathe. And even enjoy life.
I know sounds silly, but being a cancer survivor with the possiblity of coming back, I have had to re learn to savor the small moments, try not to worry about the abstract and just keep plugging forward.

I have also learned to let the frustration wash over me, but I try not to stay there very long. (easier said than done at times)

Hopefully your frustration won't last too long, and anywho, just wanted to let you know you have been heard.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Um, wow..........this is the strangest thing..................You sir have read my Heart ............peered into my very deepest thoughts..............Thoughts I share with no one..........I could have written this post myself, practically word for word. Was just cruising old post and stumbled on this thread.

Amazing to me to say the least

you Sir, are my new best friend.........Um since we're friends now. you can tell me..............Are you an Alien ? *wink*

Also I have received your private message a few months back. Since I do not have 20 post it would not allow me to reply back. wanted you to know that, didn't want u to think I simply blew it off.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bull621

Thanks man, I'm glad you got that u2u, I really felt bad about that.
I'm really getting tired of sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the other shoe to drop. Sounds like you are too. Glad to know that I am not the only one that feels this way.
Seeashrink

P.S. No, I'm not an alien....................maybe.

edit on 28-1-2011 by seeashrink because: to add

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I agree. The suspense is killing me. Let's get on with it already.

new topics

top topics

join