It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

162 cases of illness linked to oil spill reported in Louisiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
162 cases of illness linked to oil spill reported in Louisiana

(CNN) -- Exposure to the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico has resulted in 162 cases of illnesses reported to the Louisiana state health department, according to a report released Monday. Of those cases, 128 involved workers on oil rigs or individuals involved in the oil spill cleanup efforts, the report said.

Among the most common reported symptoms were throat irritation, shortness of breath, cough, eye irritation, nausea and headaches, according to the department's oil spill surveillance report.

Whoa... These are starting to roll in more and more

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
*sigh* i have so many great friends all over the gulf coast area. i worry about them more and more every day, and the news isnt getting better.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I was going to re-post this link to Facebook's Boycott BP page, only to discover it had been deleted. 800,000+ members on that baby, and they got them for copyright infringement. Eeeesh. Anyway, thanks for the original post. The symptoms seem pretty congruent with what I've read so far, like with the 400 at the beach and the various people who've posted here who live in the Gulf.

new topics

join