It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face Of Anarchy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Your values and moral is different from that of the Aboriginals or Asians , Middle eastern folks.

Doesn't matter I don't live in any of those areas so why should I care what thier values are unless their values lead them to harm or oppress mine then I will defend myself as most societies would. All human beings inherently know it is wrong to harm and oppress others at least when they are young then if they are taught otherwise as they mature it appeals to the selfish side of man but deep down they still know they did wrong. Still people do these things in any society. Free will does not mean it's ok to harm others by stamping it is a cultural value. We all have free will to choose good or evil but it always comes with consequences one way or another.

With excepting the idea of free will you will be confronted a free will that contradicts yours.

Not sure what the point is we have that now. It doesn't matter people have the free will to choose evil and harm others in any society and all free societies will defend themselves against oppression to one degree or another.

Problems will arise, and it falls and stands on the solutions and those who will or will not accept it.

Again so what? nothing is perfect some people choose evil in any soceity. However in a society whos foundation is built on evil i.e. opression harm theft ect. people choose it more often

It will end up as any other utopia. It will not work unless every man women and child thinks and agrees on the same level anyone else does.

Where is your evdidence that is the case? This line thinking is rhetoric repeated by media and government agents who have a stake in maintaining thier power. One of the longest standing societies and the most sophisticated of it's time was an anarchist society in Ancient ireland. And they lasted a thousand years. Do you hear that a thousand years! That flies in teh face of the myth you repeated

'There was no legislature, no bailiffs, no police, no public enforcement of justiceÉ. There was no trace of State-administered justice.'

Scroll down to "For a New Liberty"

www.mises.org...

Anrachy does not mean there is no law or justice it is natural or common law and is administered privately by society and always has been and it was a free market on justice too.

Here is a good PDF file too on them

www.mises.org...

There were others too like in Iceland and elsewhere. I think it behoves us to learn what we can from a society like this that lasted a 1000 years in relative peace and freedom.

Also read what Thomas Paine had to say about how most things society attributes to government is really done by society without need for government. mises.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

There was some fighting amongst the tribes to be sure. When resources are scarce, people will do what they feel is necessary to ensure their survival. I"m not trying to put up indian tribal society as being perfect, because it wasn't.

What I am suggesting is that there does not need to be "law" or "police" for there to be relative peace.

Societies can function just fine without "laws" and police forces.

Don't steal, abide by your word, and don't harm others. This is the only law that is required. - oh, and one must respect the wishes of others while on their property. If you don't, they have the right to remove you from it.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
THE RULE OF LAW!

That is all there is. The beginning and the end of society. What is beyond is barbarism and tyranny.

Kinda like what we have today.

Steal from others to give to whomever.

Be they the needy or the corporate whores.

Give me anarchy any day over the SUPPOSED regulated, free market, serfdom we have today.

Frelling notepad, have to get a new keypad for it, it took me 10 minutes to write this. B P W and the period are all going out.

Give me Anarchy (true Anarchy or give me death). Hehehehehehehehehe.

H and E's are fine.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
cool vid,

I’ve read this thread and think this is a really cool topic, I was raised and now I raise my kids to follow some very simple rules, don’t hurt anyone physically, mentally or economically try as hard as possible to not do this in-directly and to not destroy property, to respect yourself and nature other than that life is a play ground, no-one has any real authority over me and this is the mindset I live my life by. I understand that some people we live with will say they are authority figures either by appointment or by birth e.g. government, or Kings and queens but I just ignore them, some people can also use force to enforce their authority, I just stay away and if im oppressed for the way I live my life well so-be-it e.g. I like to smoke a certain plant which is prohibited once again I ignore those rules and try to avoid these people as I do any normal hazard.

So to me this is true anarchy, I would love to think the whole world can live this way as in all of us masters instead of slaves, but it is very disheartening to think most people I share this planet with need to follow a master or they would be lost.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by deenuu]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I value your efforts but I thought we were talking about anarchy.
I never said it could never happen.

You are free to point me to an anarchy society that still lasts today.
Iceland doesn't count because it is a small community.

We live in a global community one where it does matter what all the others think.
Although I don't know where you live.

I think the whole point is good versus evil. There is no good or evil. Just people who live by the rules of those who won the last battle.

It is human nature fight, kill and even die for things someone else has.
Then there are those who follow and those who lead.

For the Irish the last victorious were great men who obviously build a firm and steady society. Until those wretched English screwed them over.

Before the first wold war such an atmosphere also lingered in Europe. The people were tired of all the wars and fear mongers of the past.
They were so relaxed that period the great turmoil that later ended up into a WW a majority didn't even seen it coming.

I've read somewhere the US blew the forgotten battle of resources right until it started sparkling again.
[Edit to add that I can not personally confirm this.]

But as I said, I will be the first one to go for such a community again. Any decade is worth it IMO.

[edit on 6/29/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Well I just have to agree with you.

I would love that to start even as we speak.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I am talking about anarchy I don't know why you would think otherwise? Just because there is no society today to point to does not mean it wouldn't work. The fact is few societies have lasted a thousand years or more.

If your going to try and say it wouldn't work today your going to have give some specifics of why. The successful anarchy societies in history had all the same problems we have today and anarchy proved to be the best solution. They traded with other countries also so it not like the so called global society is anything new. So if you can point to some problem today that they didn't have that would prevent it from working then go ahead.

And It took England almost 300 years to overcome them and not by war but by infiltration they tried war. Anarchy does not mean we cannot participate in mutual defense.

Honestly no one has given any evidence as to why it can't work today they just try to brush it off by repeating media sound bites and clichés. All the lies about well if we have to much freedom the bad guys will run rough shod over us are laughable, the bad guys are doing that to us right now and have most people believing they need them. They are called government!

they steal our wealth and lands via forced tribute but give it a less evil sounding name like taxes and assessments, they poison our water and food supply they, they poison us some more under the guise of making us more healthy with vaccines and prescriptions they send our loved ones off to die in foreign wars for corporate interest and have everyone believing they are fighting and dying for freedom etc etc. and here people are worried some one might try steal thier laundry off the line if we actually move toward a true free society and don't have these thugs ripping us off under color of law.

It is just amazing I mean name one benefit government provides? Roads everyone says; BS they provide nothing they steal our money and hire private contractors to build roads. and keep the lions share of the loot. We can and have built roads without them and we do a better job and cheaper cost when government is not involved. Police do not protect they extort and harm, Judges do not administer justice they extort and imprison. legislators do not represent they also extort and steal our property, governors and the president all do the same. It is all a giant Mafia but everyone claims without this Mafia feeding off us and bleeding us dry society will crumble... It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and pathetic a state mind by 90% of the people.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You do not have to defend anarchy for me. Cause I very much agree with you.
The only thing we do not agree on is IMO the definition of anarchy.

Mnemeth already said I was missing his point.

So I'm on your side. lets go fight this fight for better and free world. Together.

[edit on 6/29/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join