It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1 trillion mineral discovery in Afghanistan is bogus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Geological anomalies are like opinions: Everybody has one

By Louis James, Senior Editor, Casey’s International Speculator

There’s a great deal of chatter in the press and online about the tremendous US$1-trillion-dollar mineral “discovery” in Afghanistan headlined by The New York Times recently. Most of the discussion seems to centre on whether or not this is really news and whether or not the NYT was played by the powers that be for purposes of their own. Few, if any, people seem to be questioning the value of the so-called discovery itself. The US$1-trillion-dollar figure, at best, cannot be anything more than the wildest of hopeful guesses.

One does not have to be a geologist or an engineer to understand why. When geologists find outcropping mineralization, or other signs that an economic deposit of minerals may be present, that is not called a discovery. Even if the signs come from the latest scientific equipment flown over the country, as the U.S. government appears to have used, the result is still just an anomaly: a hopeful indication of where to look. And anomalies are like opinions: Everybody has one.

Full article here.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just another example of our government playing us for fools. I wonder what's gonna be next.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Another reason to divert the world from what's happening right now. I mean, the events that are unfolding inconspicuously.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Now the real $1 Trillion mineral is the poppy fields we are protecting and

if it wasn't so they would all be torched. ^Y^

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised to find out the gov
fabricated this story to postpone the fall
of the dollar since the Chinese are waiting
for their loan payment from the US.
This mineral find gave them hope
to be repaid. When it's gone, oh well
we'll see.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You're right, it's just another diversion. Well, I guess, as long as it's a happy diversion, we shouldn't complain too much. Could be a lot worse.

top topics

join