It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuate??? What???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hello everyone

I have been really confused lately with this oil spill going. What has me really confused is why are people writing and talking about evacuating and relocating. What I want to know is why? could this methane problem be real? what can really happen. Can someone help me with this?

By the way. I live in Miami, Florida about 30 min away from the ocean.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Do a search on evacuation of the gulf and it might be helpful.
I sure don't envy your location or your situation.
Good luck there.
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

If you actually hear or see news in your local newspaper or the local news station about evacuation procedures than I would worry.
However if you are going by what you see on ATS or any non local news site than it is just hear say and might not be that serious.
ATSers have been saying that a evacuation is in process for like 3 weeks.
There was a time where I was panicking too but nah...there is no evacuation as of lately. Now next month well...we might not be so lucky. Just keep your fingers crossed.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

yea i know but the thing that got me was that it never crossed my mind. until i see it on the news i wont worry.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
reply to post by ^anubis^

ATSers have been saying that a evacuation is in process for like 3 weeks.
ATSers have been saying for over two months now that this oil gusher is really bad.
Main stream media for the past two months have said its nothing to get upset about......
Now just in the past two weeks who is proving to be correct and who was just full of BS.
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The World stands by wanting to come to America's aid to help us

clean up this catastrophic mess as the Horizon oil plumes and gushers

continue destroying our precious Gulf while all our president has to do is

resend the Jones Act to make it happen for the World can finally come to

our rescue.

www.fourwinds10.com...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by amari]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Im sorry my quote did not work out as planned here, it was directed to packinupngoin
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hello anubis.
I Don't know if the methane prolem is real either. I do know that they're burning an awful lot of gas off of that well. My daughter is in Clermont, FL and I've been trying to talk her into coming back to WV. As for the burp... apparently these giant methane bubbles are all over the world, so that could happen anytime, anywhere. They've caused many coal mine explosions over the years here in West Virginia.
Do us all a favor, anubis... keep us posted on what it's like there. Air quality, the sitution on the beaches, odors, increased police or military activity. That would help me to better dedide if I should try to get my daughter out quicker.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
One you see "news" of this on your local TV and news, its to fricken late, the panic will start and the roads will be plugged.. if you prepare for a bug out now when it gets bad you can be the first out... Survival-ism is being prepared so when the bad happens you know what to do and how to do it.. This is the entire reason for fire drills etc..

What I'd do if I lived there is keep a real keen eye out for people getting sick.. and have you bigout stuff ready to go.. so the moment you know its time to go you out of there , and not running around gathering stuff and trying to decide what to take and not take.

This works for any situation, I mean you do live in Florida and there are hurricanes every year .. you guys should have this down pat.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

People on ATS were actually saying this longer than just 3 weeks. A week after the leak, 8-9 weeks ago, people were yelling that Tampa was about to be evacuated. I replied that was ridiculous, and I was then told I was ignorant.

W/E

[edit on 28/6/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ok, let's think this through:

Under what conditions would the Gulf or any portion of it be evacuated?

Oil itself wouldn't seem to factor into an immediate evac order. If oil causes a need to evacuate it would be slow, an acknowledgement that the local environment is crappy to live in and will stay that way for a long time.

So it would have to be a gas emergency of some sort.

H2S, methane, and benzine would be the culprits, along with whatever COREXIT has in it.

Those gasses are heavier than air.

To represent a danger a cloud of gas would have to be something like four or five miles across and some hundred feet or so above sea level.

What is important to remember here is the concept of phase states...

Holy crap! 2+2 just equalled 4, and the penny dropped.

en.wikipedia.org...

Damn, damn, damn...ok, gas plumes have beem located in the depths at concentrations of up to one million times normal, right?

These clouds have been measured up to 12 x 12 miles x 600 feet thick.

What happens when currents, winds whatever, pushes such a subsea cloud into shallower water?

The gas will be pushed up into the atmosphere is what.

How much warning? I'm not sure, but hours, maybe, enough to need evac plans.

I'd be extremely watchful of winds and currents right now.

In fact, I think it's time to get out of Dodge.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Yea I found out that this place is riddled with predictions about oil and wars and what not...
Everyone looking to be the one to say "HEY I TOLDYA SO!"
Well I think if we make it through September without any catacyclismic oiltastrophes we will be in the clear.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It is the Gulf region, so evacuation plans and preparations are totally normal. You will hear lots about it. It is something people of the region are used to it but someone not familiar with the procedures it can be alarming.

Hurricanes and evacuations go hand in hand.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
These sound like some logical things to watch for. Just thought I'd pass it on. Make of it what you will.

If it were me,I'd be seeing that whole location as being one of eventual "extinction",since the whole way of life there is going to change. If not for the sake of Emergency,common sense says it may be time to head for higher ground!

Criteria for Decision to Move if Possible from affected Gulf Coast Areas: 1) Presence of Military increasing Daily. 2) Massive Reports of Respiratory and other Illnesses--Hospitals filling up rapidly. 3) Hurricanes with sustained winds moving into gulf. 4) Credit Cards being Cancelled regionally. 5) Regional and or National Internet Outages. 6) Highway Barriers going up on Freeway Entry and Exit Ramps overnight. 7) Military Transport Planes Landing in Numbers at Regional and smaller Gulf Coast Airports. 8) Watching the Body Language and actions of the Local Law Enforcement Officers. 9) Bubbling ocean waters increasing as the Methane Hydrate goes from solid state to gaseous state. 10) Massive increase in Lightning Storms and unusual Animal Behavior. 11) Suspension of all Leaves and Vacations of Emergency Personnel. 12) Expanding no Boating and Fishing Zone. 13) Shortages of Fuel and Food and availability of critical supplies increasingly being reported.
www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
oils is already on the beaches so you guys are good right but when the hurricanes hit this will be making things ummm........... yea im scared for you guys down there for real!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AliWV

Hello and thank you. I have noticed really strange clouds lately, and I mean in shape and the amount of clouds over my area. Everything else seems normal.
I have notice that its been getting really hot, i know its Florida, I have lived here all my life, but its getting ridiculously hot, anything to do with the spill?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

OOOHHHH!!!! I have noticed Coast guard Helicopters flying by which is not normal, usually see them above the water at the beach, not above residential areas, also a lot of helicopter activity has been going up at night time around 2 or 3 a.m is when it starts.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrils r cool

HAHAHAHA tell me about it, I posted a thread on what I saw a few weeks ago on my car which look like gasoline was dropped on top of my car after it rained, you know that rainbowish color, I was suppose to post pics up but I haven't had time cause I recently came back from a trip. My girlfriend told me about what she thought it was drops of gasoline on her car but she didn't have a camera near her.

Other than that, what can people expect from this spill? what types of symptoms? I tried doing some research but couldn't come up with anything, except -------> www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
The World stands by wanting to come to America's aid to help us

clean up this catastrophic mess as the Horizon oil plumes and gushers

continue destroying our precious Gulf while all our president has to do is

resend the Jones Act to make it happen for the World can finally come to

our rescue.

www.fourwinds10.com...
[edit on 28-6-2010 by amari]

You know what.. I bet you even money.. if these countries sent over oil cleaning ships and started to clean, they would not use the Jones Act to stop them or even take them to court. The People would not stand for that.

I say, Come on Over and show BP how to do it Right, Countries of the World!

Perhaps you will show them and the Gov how wrong they are to put BP in charge.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
It is the Gulf region, so evacuation plans and preparations are totally normal. You will hear lots about it. It is something people of the region are used to it but someone not familiar with the procedures it can be alarming.

Hurricanes and evacuations go hand in hand.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

That's not really true. There has only been 1 forced evacuation on that scale in Louisiana history and many people stayed behind even then.

According to the 200 mile evac theory that would be many more people evacuating than just New Orleans and out lying parishes did during Katrina. This would be an evac like this area has never seen.

For just Katrina.. you go up north and all places are full.. How are they going to evac the entire gulf coast? Logistically it seems impossible. There will be no where to evac to.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join