It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to understand something...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

o_0

Well, whatever works for you I guess.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Whether or not we have an intelligent creator or not, I think what is in question is whether or not there is intelligent life here on Earth.
No offence, but the Intelligence you mock would turn you into something that would wither in fear at sight of the Brilliant Glory, you should humble yourself before the Creator before a darkest desends upon a foolish mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

Victor You are a Atheist, we are out about 15 Billion year from Bang if Bang what ever, what do you think will be going on in say 10 Trillion years.
I think the big crunch will come around 23 Trillion.
Hawking says never this week I think.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
reply to post by depth om

Expand on this if you will.

It's like if you break a mirror in front of you, it forms a sort of fractal like web of shards that all reflect essentially the same thing albeit small differences, a crude analogy but I can't help but make it.

I understand there are literally an infinite amount of ways for every single instance of action to play itself out, which lead to yet a greater amount of possibilities, almost like the relay and pulse of energy through the universe is a giant pyramid scheme.

but the thing that I keep falling back to is, it only happens one way! Like the generator of this uni-verse, due to it's own inherent properties and behavior, plotted out the future of all minutiae of matter before it even happened, because like a formula, only a certain thing can occur after a certain thing, this can be applied to all the many systems and syntax in the universe.

Everything affects everything else. If you spin in a circle, you are pulling every object in the universe towards you, though the attractor you create is small, it nonetheless is felt by ever mass in the universe.

Since there are so many magnitudes of size both above and below us, I think that we are incomprehensibly important to the universe.

Just as the largest piece in a stop watch relies on the smallest and likewise.

Just... how was the watch wound?

From a greater magnitude of sentience? from the energy of a dying universe? from nothing? does it matter? In the end I guess I ought to ask myself, why so sirius?

[edit on 28-6-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Don't worry things are not as bad as they seem, like all is illusion, make of it what you will.
You even hear these scientists whom were Atheist are changing their minds, because when they get down to what everything is made of it's made of light, electrons, after that they say there is nothing there.
The Creator spoke , said let there be Light.
But there is a reason for everything, step into place of power.
The magic is al around if you look for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

My friend, I am a powerful wizard, as all of us are, I am on my path and wish you well on yours.

I must reiterate, any energy I have was given to me, out of love. I am but a man but within me burns the fire of creation. All our ancestors are behind us, and even all the particle which is woven to form our geometry is imparting unto us such energy, and compassion, that only tears can convey the fineness of the void

[edit on 28-6-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I thought there were but one, best to you and all my friend.
I am very proficent in Lucid Dreaming, working in the 4 spheres

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

It must be somewhat parallel if he can say that there's two Elvis Presley's. One alive and one dead.

Do you need two Earths to have both day and night exist? Or is it possible that on one Earth it is always day/night? Perhaps instead of thinking that there needs to be "many worlds" we should consider that there can be a "one" in which all potentialities are, and which one is apparent depends upon where consciousness is looking. Not that consciousness is making something one thing or the other, but that the thing both is and isnt and to view it, only one aspect of it can be viewed at a time. So the cat does not become dead or alive because you viewed it. The cat always was both dead and alive, (whole not divided in that way) but the viewer can only perceive one aspect at a time.

Where they are headed is non-duality. He says in there at one point that this would blow philosophy's mind. Well, he may be right, when speaking of modern philosophers, but the ancients were already making these discoveries, intellectually, philosophically, mystically. However you want to call it, they didnt have the math to describe it as yet, but finally physics is moving onto their turf, some two thousand years later.

"Parallel of who" I ask?
So, does that mean I am in all of these universes?
But, yet from the perspective of a world in which I am never born...how can this one, in which I still alive today, be considered parallel?
You know what I mean?

Maybe you arent who and what you think you are.

Maybe it's only a grammtical thing I am complaining about.
What else would you call this besides parallel?

Aletheie. (Well rounded truth) Truth that is whole and has no divisions.

Also, Is it not arrogant to assume that the universe is filled up with ourselves?

It depends who "you" are.

One of the problems with describing this is the thing to be described is non-dual. Neither this-nor-that and both-this and that, and our language (and normal thinking) forces us to choose a this or a that. It is difficult to get the thinking mind around a position that something is dead/alive, and so we struggle with the question, well is it this? is it that? What makes it one or the other?

Nothing makes it one or the other. It is always the same, both and neither. Consciousness doesnt MAKE it anything. It perceives something that is both and neither as one or the other. Consciousness isnt creating, it is reducing pure potential into the illusion of something much more distinct.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

I thought there were but one, best to you and all my friend.
I am very proficent in Lucid Dreaming, working in the 4 spheres

One body, many cells, one wilderness, many foot trails. I enjoy these quotes.

Edgar Allen Poe, a true imaginative genius in my opinion, similar to H.P. Lovecraft

“All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream”

“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.”

“Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.”

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

the irony of it is that most people would want to believe that quantum mechanics is attempting to support a somewhat mystical worldview.

You are right, they are trying to explain it away, but as they toil away eventually they will get there anyway.

The nice thing is, it may take them another two thousand years, but they will eventually get there. There are already treading on ground that makes them very, very nervous.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am sorry all I am reading is jargon jargon jargon. Spiritual Jargon. Pretty poetry. But I still do not compute.
It's all very lovely writtings non the less.

And I'd like to add that I am tired...I should get some shut eye.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

true, true.

i think the information they are putting out is going to end up biting them in the rear end. and i do not mean to imply that many of the esoteric aspects of quantum mechanics are without merit.

but when a person is getting in on this from the ground level, i think it is important for them (for us all) to remember that science far prefers billiard balls to probability distributions.

::::hey, OP! i am having a problem recently on these boards with getting ignored. it is more often the case than not that when i make a contribution to a thread, i should expect to either kill that thread or get ignored entirely. i do not make a habit of replying in this way, as i am not a spiteful person. but you are the one that broke the camels back. i want you to know that i feel terribly snubbed and you are reinforcing my belief that i may as well never post to the boards again.

.....best.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
nice thread

depth om -
i like your explanation of the fractal universe.
For others interested in this there is a great doco:
The documentary Fractals - The Colors Of Infinity - Arthur Clarke
www.youtube.com...

AlreadyGone –
Humans still put themselves in the center of the universe as soon as they start saying things like in one universe Elvis would be dead and another would be alive. Think about how many billion billion factors go into creating a situation where that was the case. I mean really think about it. The earth had to form, every atom, every cell that had to form to make up his body, every decision made by his ancestors throughout evolution to create a situation where this person called Elvis was born. Its not as simple as dead or alive.

That is where I start to get confused, I hope I am making sense, I often find it hard to express myself in words....

Illusionsaregrander –
I enjoyed your post and it raised a rather large question/brain hurty

On what level does duality happen? I understand the basic concepts of the cat, and the wave/particle slit experiment - but that is a single particle, what makes something a 'whole'?
Is the cat as a whole alive or dead, does that mean every instance of every particle that makes up the cat following the same rule – by observation they all are either one way or another?

[edit on 29-6-2010 by moth7]

[edit on 29-6-2010 by moth7]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

It's like if you break a mirror in front of you, it forms a sort of fractal like web of shards that all reflect essentially the same thing albeit small differences, a crude analogy but I can't help but make it.

I understand there are literally an infinite amount of ways for every single instance of action to play itself out, which lead to yet a greater amount of possibilities, almost like the relay and pulse of energy through the universe is a giant pyramid scheme.

but the thing that I keep falling back to is, it only happens one way! Like the generator of this uni-verse, due to it's own inherent properties and behavior, plotted out the future of all minutiae of matter before it even happened, because like a formula, only a certain thing can occur after a certain thing, this can be applied to all the many systems and syntax in the universe.

Everything affects everything else. If you spin in a circle, you are pulling every object in the universe towards you, though the attractor you create is small, it nonetheless is felt by ever mass in the universe.

Since there are so many magnitudes of size both above and below us, I think that we are incomprehensibly important to the universe.

Just as the largest piece in a stop watch relies on the smallest and likewise.

Just... how was the watch wound?

From a greater magnitude of sentience? from the energy of a dying universe? from nothing? does it matter? In the end I guess I ought to ask myself, why so Sirius?

I think we found our intelligent life on Earth
As soon as I re read your broken mirror analogy after a good nights sleep, it made sense. Then I read your explanation, and it was exactly (the gist of it anyways) what I had thought. Your analogy is anything but crude.

For some reason when I read the above, I also got the sense that time isn't necessarily linear. Just our perception of it is.

I also thought the star Sirius deserved to be capitalized.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Hey, I hear you. I usually kill threads.

And people ignore me too.

It's sad. I must say I've grown on this forum...or should i say I've gone in deep and then come back up again. lol At first I got really into it and some of my first threads were really weird. I try to reamain skeptical and reserved.
Just continue to have good forum etiquette if you can. I wouldn't take anything on here personally. It can be hard sometimes though...out of all odds I just so happen to be the one people ignore. lol
figures.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
*bump*

I am still thinking of this after all this time. Did I have a valid point?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
*bump*

second line

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join