It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla - Mad Electricity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
“When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain, which in fact it is, all things being particles of a real and rhythmic whole. We shall be able to communicate with one another instantly, irrespective of distance. Not only this, but through television and telephony we shall see and hear one another as perfectly as though we were face to face, despite intervening distances of thousands of miles; and the instruments through which we shall be able to do his will be amazingly simple compared with our present telephone. A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket.”

- Nikola Tesla, 1929

I really liked this series about Tesla on the History Channel, it is a good way to introduce people to the great accomplishments of one of the worlds most intelligent minds.

Also check out the Nikola Tesla Museum website, lots of great information about Tesla there.
www.tesla-museum.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
CHRONOLOGY OF NIKOLA TESLA'S LIFE /SOME IMPORTANT DATES OF NIKOLA TESLA'S LIFE

www.tesla-museum.org...

1856, 10 July
Born at Smiljan, a village near Gospić (a small town in Austrian-Empire, now in the Republic of Croatia);

Passed the final examination in the secondary school (Realgymnasium) at Karlovac;

1875 - 1878.
Studies at the Polytechnics in Graz;

Studies natural philosophy at the Charles' University in Prague;

Starts working for the Central Telegraph Office in Budapest and makes his first invention: voice amplifier for the telephone receiver;

Invents the rotating magnetic field and leaves Budapest; finds employment in the Edison Continental Company in Paris

Spends six months working on the reconstruction of the power station in Strasbourg. Makes the first model of the induction motor;

Returns to Paris. On the recommendation of the Board in Paris travels to New York to work in the "Edison Machine Works";

Leaves Edison's company and founds the "Tesla Arc Light Co." in New York. Makes first alternating current motors and generators. Applies his first patent "Commutator for Dynamo-electric Machines", followed by patents on arc-lamps regulators;

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Tue Jun 29 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nice anthological and chronological layout!

Tesla, if there ever was a man ahead of his times, he surely qualifies.
It amazes me this technology has been around so long and no telling what kind of improvements and modification have been added. Point is, the technology is/has been there but I believe it to be such a threat to the established industries, that it will never(soon enough) become utilized widespread.
Free energy, a double edge sword it seems. On one hand it empowers and advances civilization and on the other could potentially cripple our Capitalism system by cutting into our dependent industries, unless the technology comes out and people can still profit from it. I would imagine the profits would be less(margins) and go to fewer Corporations. I always hope that this tech will become practical in time, but the transition will be long in order to maintain balance.

Edit to add:
I didn't know Edison was such a force in the discrediting of Tesla and spent a lot of money doing so. I guess it's par for the course in such competition, especially when one is so outshined by the other.

Well-known, cherished and admired by some, he remains little-known by the public due to his eccentricities and due to defamation by his principal rival and contemporary fellow scientist, Thomas Edison.
Edison was a highly intelligent man and his mental capacity applied to much more than science. Intimidation, blackmail, extortion and plain theft led to this man accumulating over 1000 patents in his lifetime, from the lightbulb blueprints he forced someone else to sell him to the breakthroughs in electricity he directly stole from Tesla by having his laboratory raided.
Both Edison and Tesla gained respect and lucrative contracts in America at the turn of last century but whereas Edison turned his profit into more profit, Tesla ruined himself with increasingly bizarre experiments, some of which would eventually revolutionise the fields of magnetism and electricity and indeed usher in the second industrial revolution of mechanisation. In fact, our old television sets still use Tesla coils in them to regulate the image and Tesla, while working for Westinghouse, developed AC or Alternating current, the form of electricity still used by most of the world as a safe means of powering our homes. AC was deemed safer than DC or direct current (without any surge control) that Edison was pushing and eventually, Tesla’s undeniable testing results proved the preferable viability of AC.

endiscomingblog.com...
Additional Links:
amasci.com...
www.badassoftheweek.com...

Peace

[edit on 28-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Thomas Edison was the Devil he electrocuted and Elephant and I'm pretty sure that the Elephant was innocent

I'm a huge Tesla fan everything I find out about him amazes me
this is great post Thanks!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have resisted jumping into any Tesla threads, just to avoid appearing to jump on the bandwagon.
But I can't help it. That guy was sheer genius.
So far-seeing, creative, and single minded in his focus.
Just an amazing man.
It is one of the biggest injustices in modern times how he was so under-appreciated in his time--even now.
If only I could go back in time and have assisted him...how cool would that be?

[edit on 28/6/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I know how you feel he didn't by any chance leave plans for a time machine did he?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I found a list of Tesla Patents, Check it out...they may contain hidden secrets...

www.hbci.com...

verified here:
web.mit.edu...

Wiki:
en.wikipedia.org...

Link to PDF
www.classictesla.com...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by sourdiesel]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by sourdiesel]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Good thread. Can't wait to watch the entire video.

Hopefully TeslaandLyne will stop in this thread pretty soon. He/she usually does, and appears to be an ATS resident expert on Tesla.(not that I can always understand where he is going with his posts haha...)

But TeslaandLyne posted this the other day(I just uploaded it to ATS):

media.abovetopsecret.com...

I have yet to explore the document in depth...it comes in at around 300 pages.

If you don't want to download it, I'm sure its on Scribd, thats where I got it.

----

Tesla is a MUST for our education curriculum. I can't believe we aren't teaching about him in highschool science classes. Ridiculous.

Soon enough the world will pay him his rightful dues. What a shame that we have had the tendency to ignore genius when it is convenient for business.

Highly unethical.

But on the bright side, more people are learning about him with the internet - our last hope for a free and democratic society.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So he invented and/or revolutionized these technologies:
lights, radio, alternating current, electric motor, wireless communication, laser tech, radar tech, x-ray, neon, robotics, remote control and cellular technology.

Then he dies alone and penniless at the age of 89 in a hotel?

Man, just the opposite of the American dream, almost in reverse, from astounding achievements to personal disparagement.....tragic

I did not know he had a condition where he experienced multiple images flash before his eyes uncontrollably. Apparently this phenomenon was one of the sources for his ideas. Later in his life , however, the flashing images began to correspond with the spoken word from another during conversation, thus frustrating him in some of his communicative endeavors.

This man was genius at it's highest form, as well as a great humanitarian, who often put needs of people before money. I can only hope there is a constant revival of his works and resourceful efforts in bringing them to the public. I believe threads like this are beneficial in the preservation of Tesla's work, and conveying inspiration through cyber awareness. Thanks again SDiesel.

Mad Electricity....cheers

Peace

Prepared Statement by Nicola Tesla(in his latter years)- Dynamic Theory of Gravity
www.tesla.hu...

[edit on 29-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Our whole world still mostly relies on his inventions! The future he envisioned for us was stolen by greedy and corrupt men. Think of where we'd be if he had been free to accomplish his work without hindrance. Hopefully by now he is back on the earth to finish his work!

Very nice thread and thanks!

[edit on 28-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
S&F OP
A very Nice Post and Interesting too see !

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I believe Nikola was sent here to lift the human race to places it would not have dreamed of without him. It's a terrible shame that he and his inventions/ideas were interrupted by money hungry greedy fear-mongering bastards with only profits in mind.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I like the way JP Morgan helped bring about the downfall of Tesla...It just shows that companys like this do indeed rule the world(Illuminati) and that they don't want us to have advanced technology and that they will do every thing in their power to stop us from having it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sourdiesel

I have a book of his patents somewhere around here. I looked over the designs and he was way ahead of his time in my humble opinion. I believe there are some patents of things being used today, secretly, that are not in the book. Yet it is truly humbling to realize what we do know for sure he invented what amounts to the radio wave and reciever when he demonstrated electricity without wires. He would have us using atmospherice charges and using devices to connect those charges into machines capable of doing "work". I feel he demonstrated that it was very possible to deliver to the masses high quality electricity just as he imagined. Now would that have ultimately caused a problem like cancer or bee extinction events, I don't know?

I read his biography when I was in school and it triggered me to push for alternative technology in my working life. What I have found so far leads me to conclude that someone is suppressing vital information that would get us off the al-Qaeda oil!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thanks for this post, Nikola Tesla is one of my heroes, a genius and above all a human being as well (empathic and sympathetic to the worlds needs).

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Tesla is my idol/hero,if he was given free reign to do as he pleased
this planet would owe him so much more,not that we dont owe him
enough anyway.

such a shame he was not a businessman he would be one of the
richest men in history and his name would be known by everyone.

a true visionary who only wanted the world to move forward in
a positive way.

In my opinion the great man deserves his own little part of ATS.
one day maybe i will be fortunate to visit the museum

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sourdiesel

Oh, it's this thread again...

You know what, I really like Tesla threads and can't read up enough on the guy, I know he crops up a lot on here, but I always appreciate it.

Thanks OP.

S+F

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Yep ! "One of the greatest mind in history" ...

But also one of the greatest heart in history. Is motivation was humain kind, not money.

A true hero !

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There is a special place in Hell where that rat JP Morgan is roasting just now, not just for ruining Tesla but also for setting back humanity, just think where we could be if if wasnt for greedy bastards like him

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
Thomas Edison was the Devil he electrocuted and Elephant and I'm pretty sure that the Elephant was innocent

I'm a huge Tesla fan everything I find out about him amazes me
this is great post Thanks!

Schools teach little kids that Edison invented the light bulb. Hogwash. it was around long before he touched it. All he did was improve on it.

But this is a Great example of how Government re-writes history. Edison the American, with money power fame 'so called inventor of the light bulb' gets into the history books and poor Tesla isn't ever mentioned until High School. Yet, all these things we have around us, Radio, The AC current we use, (that runs Edison's light bulb) and the AC Motor X-Rays and many others would not exist if it were not for Tesla.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join