It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil spill: Is Gulf safe for swimming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Oil spill: Is Gulf safe for swimming?

www.pnj.com

Dick Snyder, director of the Center for Environmental Diagnostics and Bioremediation at the University of West Florida, began conducting water samples May 3 on Pensacola Beach every Tuesday and Thursday because beach and health officials were only doing visual assessments.

What you can't see in the water may be more dangerous than what you can see, he said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hmm. This is a more in depth article about what happened in Pensacola with the beaches opening prematurely due to the greed of certain politicians and businesses.

This is pretty scary that they meantion that unseen matter in water can harm people. This shows that a new can of worms is open.

With all that is going on with two more storms set to hit that side of the state, there is sure to be contamination on more than just the beach, and it is clear that there is much more of a threat to human health than we are being told.

www.pnj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Burn it to make sure every droplet of oil is no where to be found. Then the water would be safe. :p

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I saw something about the turtles, dolphins and SHARKS! being forced up to the beach line as they try to escape the oil slick etc. I'd be more concerned about the sharks and their numbers and them being distressed [who knows how they'll really respond???
] AND my close proximity to them in their environment, than I would the oil sludge!

Personal Disclosure: I remember the good old days when throwing oil on turbulent waters used to calms things down!

top topics

join