It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Stanley McChrystal to Retire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just saw this as a breaking news banner atop CNN.com

General Stanley McChrystal has told the Army he will retire, U.S. Army spokesman Gary Tallman says.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

More to follow.

Well, this isn't unexpected. I was kind of surprised he didn't retire upon meeting with Obama when he was relieved of his command.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
actually retirement is the best thing
that could happen to him.

He's lucky he's not charged with
conspiracy to murder in the case of
Pat Tillman in Afghanistan and locked
up in Leavenworth.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I would just like to quote this here from the words spoken from this General Stanley McChrystal from the newspaper .lined as "THE TIMES" on page 53.

A journalist was on tour with this General and was with him from the following Monday to Friday. Each day comprises of this general's outlook to life and obstacles he faced throughout those days.

On the friday I would like to quote here what this very General said and would be interesting to hear your views:

"So that's that. I'm finished. I'm being relieved in my command by General David Petraeus. He's a hell of a soldier, and the sort of guy you'd always want on your side. Provided he could get the stick out of his ass in time to hit people with it. And you can quote me on that. We're debriefing, before he flies out. "You gotta appreciate," I'm saying. "We're doing good stuff out there. Did you know we have enemy bodies, artificially grown in a lab, which our operators can control via a combination of computers and telekinetic psychic ability?"
General Petraeus says he didn't know that, no. "Trust me," I say. "You do not want to go off base any other way. It's a jungle out there.
The General is confused. Says he thought it was more kinda sandy. *according to Hugo Rifkind."

Creepy stuff, Hey! Even General Stanley McChrystal is even hinting on what most people here would class as a CONSPIRACY. I would hint on something as big as a black funded project knowing that I'd be getting the sack and having nothing to look forward to there on after.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Once he retires he's more free to criticize and writes books. He probably knew he was retiring or being foisted out already and was setting himself up by dangling a juicy tidbit.

Enemy bodies? Oh and
at Petraeus' stick.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

My reply is that I really don't know what to say. I would like a link to the source and know about the reliability of that source. But here are my snap thoughts....

1) The General is off his rocker,
2) The General is spreading disinformation,
3) The General was misquoted (or misunderstood); or
4) he committed treason by revealing top secret government projects.

you can take your pick....

Mind you, if the quote is accurate, I admire his "coming out", despite any legal ramifications.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

He was making a joke using the movie avatar to make fun of the conspiracy hype. But of course ATS never sees things like the rest of humanity.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

He was making a joke using the movie avatar to make fun of the conspiracy hype. But of course ATS never sees things like the rest of humanity.

Nice call! I didn't even think of the Avatar connection. So, I would say that this one applies:

3) The General was misquoted (or misunderstood); or

Misunderstood

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is a bit more information on the story:

Army spokesman Col. Tom Collins tells Fox News that McChrystal has informed the office that handles retirements for the Army, which is the General Officer Management Office, that he intends to retire.

The Army has not received McChrystal's official paperwork. In that, he will include a date by which he would like to retire. Then he will go through a formal process leading to retirement.

McChrystal was promoted to the selective and coveted rank of four-star general last year. It is not clear whether McChrystal will be able to retain that rank in retirement. Under Army rules, generals need to serve three years as a four-star officer to retain that rank, with its prestige and retirement benefits

The secretary of the Army can allow officers with as little as two years of service to keep their retirement rank, Collins said.

Three military and defense officials in Washington said Obama may use his power as commander in chief to allow McChrystal to keep all four stars. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because McChrystal has not yet submitted his paperwork.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I can't believe I just Googled McChrystal and telekinetic psychic ability without reading the rest of this thread. When will I learn?

I think a General like this doesn't really retire. This guy sounds like someone that would likely pass away without some black op to worry about.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Yes I'm aware it was a joke but sometimes perps in the military suchas myself have been known to spread a little light in that area. But who know's, it's not like I didn't see that one coming that I'd be blamed crazy for taking his joke seriously. Its just lately The Times have been showing more than just one subliminal message in their stories. But who know's, you never really can tell a joke from a serious matter within the millitary.

top topics

join