It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by FredT

They taste mighty good for having that chemical,I had some for lunch.

I disagree. The FDA place favorites with companies and the only reason anything is ever changed is because both the restaurateurs and the FDA are caught with their pants down.

In the end, the only people who get hurt by these lopsided, thoughtless "regulations" are good restaurants who follow the rules.

The Federal Government sucks at doing this. I believe this is a state or county issue and should be left at that.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

Originally posted by azrael36
For you parents out there who have very young children. The place I work also makes the chicken for Gerber baby foods. The part of the chicken used in Gerber products is the neck. Now bear in mind that this is only for the first 3 stages of the baby food product and does not include the "graduate" dinners. When my child was an infant I made sure that he didn't eat any chicken that came from any baby food producers. I'm not saying there's anuthing wrong with the product at all. I just didn't want my child eating ground up chicken necks. They are really quite horrible to watch being processed. They look like a bunch penises rolling along a conveyor belt

Chicken necks are cheap and plentiful down south. A lot of us southerners have been known to cook up a pot of chicken necks and rice.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I honestly don't see the problem?

We all use little inventions to power our devices that contain chemicals found in narcotics (im talking about batteries of course)

We wash our clothes with a chemical that is 1/2 mustard gas

I mean...why is it only "Evil" when its fast food?

Why aren't you people going after the fancy restaurant that serve food dishes that have just as much, if not MORE, calories than a double cheese meal from Mickey D's? I mean you REALLY DO have a double standard.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The other interesting thing is when you read the article on CNN it says the 2 chemicals are not in the UK version of the chicken nuggets. I found that very interesting.

pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com...

Edit to add link.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by crashbehr]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

Do they grind them up bones, blood vessels, spinal cord and all?

Sorry, just curious. Not that there is anything wrong with eating chicken necks, but bones and all sounds a little gross.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

At slaughter houses bones are steamed and what little "meat" is left on the bones is made into mystery meat for use in different foods.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hmm. Bad news for the people that eat their crappy chicken nuggets I guess. If you want the lowest low tier chicken nuggets, McDonalds is where it's at.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
they only way it can't be 100% pure beef is if it's made of chicken. if comparing evil companies then mcdonalds bows down and worships kfc, the unholy emperor of evil companies on earth. not even kfc can claim to use 100% pure chicken. their chicken is based on dr.menegle's, the angel of death, secret genetic manipulation and cloning techniques bought by colonel sanders from nazis when he was stationed in berlin. in the matrix,the scene when neo wake ups from the field of incubators was inspired by kfcs top secret chicken processing plant rumoured to be located in romania. instead of people, there are 100 of thousands of chickens parts being carefully cloned in human embronic fluid. kfc reach is so powerful that this comment will be removed as an off topic post.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by randomname]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Seriously, anyone who is remotely concerned for their health stopped going to McDonalds years ago.

On a side note, did you know that regular saltine crackers - you know, the simplest food on the market - contain partially-hydrogenated soybean oil? WHY??? It's white flour + water + salt, that's it! WTF is PHSO doing in it?

We're surrounded by poisonous food, I think people should consider this a silent war on health. No room for apathy.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I could never even imagine feeding my children McDonald's. I don't care how much they tell me that Bobby, June and Jenny get to eat there with their parents. I wouldn't feed my kids McDonald's in the same way that I would never feed them Drano or bleach.

I remember a thread on here a couple of months ago about a mother who left a "happy meal" out for an entire year, yet the burger and fries looked almost exactly the same as when it was bought. They didn't bio-degrade at all.

The other day while I was at the park, I was talking to the mom of another child and she was telling me how she doesn't mind feeding her children fast-food as long as they get the "healthy" option by substituting the fries for apples. If only she knew. Of course, it's not my place to preach to others to I didn't argue the point. When the subject was brought up, I mentioned how horrible I thought they were but I didn't push the subject. It's her choice... Poor kids.

--airspoon

[edit on 28-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59a95eaa4989.jpg[/atsimg]

mmmmmm.......Silly Putty......

This cracked me up! Thanks!

OP, I have stopped eating so many things, it makes it difficult to shop for food! I use to love chicken nuggets and I would have them once a month if that, my other favorite was Pizza Hut but after hearing they have silicone in cheese I stopped eating them...although I have ordered a pizza recently and I felt like crap later on.

I agree it shouldn't be that hard to make a chicken nugget! A friend and I were talking about food additives earlier today and how it's getting harder and harder to find food that isn't completely processed. I would love to grow my own veggies but where I live I am unable to.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I refuse to eat anything from McDonald's, but I think the hype over these two ingredients is a little over-blown.

A review of animal studies by The World Health Organization found no adverse health effects associated with dimethylpolysiloxane.

TBHQ is a preservative for vegetable oils and animal fats, limited to .02 percent of the oil in the nugget.

Read more: www.sfgate.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't think it's overblown.
Food needs to contain FOOD and nothing more.
All food with chemicals should be BANNED!

If half the planet must die for this to happen...so be it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Pfft, I never eat fast food to begin with.

Furthermore, I typically abstain from Chicken Nuggets in general. Chicken Nuggets are pretty much everything that isn't already used on the chicken. Trust me, you got some head, feet, beak and just other unpleasant parts of the chicken.

People don't realize how much # is in even the most typical, seemingly harmless meal. You see that delicious looking, nice and orange-ish salmon fillet you see in the seafood section at your local supermarket? I GUARANTEE on the box that arrived in, somewhere in not so large print it states that there is food coloring added. I bet you didn't know that. I know this because my dad has been in the restaurant business for 30 years. Among the jobs he has had, he's worked in supermarkets. And besides that, he still needs to go to regional markets which are just giant industrial distribution centers.

All pork products are irradiated. Another thing a lot of people don't seem to know.

Trust me, fast food woes aren't the least of your worries. Most food you get, you can bet there's something #ed up in it, or something #ed up in how it's made. It's why being a localvore is a great thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I said the very same thing to myself and then I said it again when I read high fructose corn syrup.

More and more we really have to grow and cook everything ourselves, even fancy restaurants sometimes cheap out and use precooked, prepackaged, preservative ridden foods in their menus.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Lol is there really anyone who didn't already know this? If you're tasted them, you know. Heck they even bounce! Well on the off chance that someone didn't know, they might now. Keep spreading the word. Yay for fake food!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HrdCorHillbilly
I don't think it's overblown.
Food needs to contain FOOD and nothing more.
All food with chemicals should be BANNED!

If half the planet must die for this to happen...so be it.

What if you and those you care about are in the half that die?

I'll keep my chemical food, thank you very much. Nobody is being forced to eat the stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by FredT

They taste mighty good for having that chemical,I had some for lunch.

Still Feeling O.K.

I just started this thread, just had to ask

SC

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

I have heartburn,but otherwise ok!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Science is amazing!

the more preservatives you eat, they will preserve your organs and you will live forever!

so eat up and shovel down as much preservatives as you can to preserve your spot in immortality.

"A spoonful of petroleum jelly helps the medicine down."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join