It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I started a thread yesterday on BTS about a few additives in food. TBHQ was one of the additives on the list. Pretty nasty stuff. Here are some other things TBHQ is used in.

It's an antioxidant; it keeps cooking oil from going bad.

Derived from petroleum,

it's also popularly used in paints and varnishes.

eatocracy.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is as unsurprising as it gets. McDonalds is corporate food, made from the lowest quality ingredients for the lowest bidders.

Unfortunately I have some experience and knowledge in this field of barely digestible horrors. I work for a fairly heavy duty food manufacturer here in Australia (I've injured my shoulder, thankfully, and won't have to endure the windowless robotic madness of my workplace)...we brew up all sorts of goodies for pizza hut, dominoes, KFC and the like. Let me tell you in no uncertain terms that I would rather paint the walls of my house with this goop than swallow it.
The recipe we follow for Creme Caramel (a custard-based desert) contains only four "real" ingredients: two kinds of milk powder, sugar, and one other I cannot recall. The other THIRTEEN are artificial flavourings, colours, gum bases, and emulsifiers. Chemicals and crystals of all varieties. This desert sits on the shelf of a major super-market chain and is popular as all hell.

Our mayonnaise, pasta and potato salad dressings (as well as other condiments) contain 90% concentrated Acetic acid. You have to wear a gas mask with charcoal filters when handling the stuff because one good inhalation and the fumes incinerate your lungs and eyes. It is marked as a very dangerous good, and this goes into the "food" and I shudder thinking what it does to one's internal organs.

This is NOT food. It is not made by people who care about you, it is not made for your nutrition or well being. It is s**t, pure and simple. I cannot stress enough the hazards involved. I could also lose my job for divulging any more secrets (let alone what I've written above), so thank christ for relative anonymity. I loathe that I have to contribute to the problem just to make a dollar....only a few more months though I can leave this place behind.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Milleresque]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

but lunch should not read like a periodic table of the elements

what are you suggesting? that we should take out all elements from the periodic table out of what we consume?

did TPTB (the powers that bird) pass off on this?

disturbing article. i have eaten a nugget or two in my life.
now i feel dirty inside.

edited to add: nice avatar

End Transmission,
ET

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I was watching Edge Media earlier today and the host mentioned of depopulation programme that involved mercury in vaccines and preservatives and sweetners in candy/sweets etc?

What are your views on this? I do believe that this preservative like many others on the market are for one main purpose and that in my opnion is The New World Government.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Think of what is in the special sauce on the big mac!!!

GROSS!
I haven't eaten fast food for a long time.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Thousand Island Dressing as far as I know.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I got a 20 piece mcnugget the other night, I ate most of em and the dog had the rest. Looking back, it kinda of does taste like play-doh food lol. I think I may be done with fast food.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
And if they wash it down with a little Dr Pepper, they'll add a little anti freeze to their diet.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Naeem82

Same over here.
After reading this Mc Donalds is definitive of my menu.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
For you parents out there who have very young children. The place I work also makes the chicken for Gerber baby foods. The part of the chicken used in Gerber products is the neck. Now bear in mind that this is only for the first 3 stages of the baby food product and does not include the "graduate" dinners. When my child was an infant I made sure that he didn't eat any chicken that came from any baby food producers. I'm not saying there's anuthing wrong with the product at all. I just didn't want my child eating ground up chicken necks. They are really quite horrible to watch being processed. They look like a bunch penises rolling along a conveyor belt

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

www.sfgate.com

What kid doesn't love McDonald's Chicken McNuggets? The white meat chunks are tasty and perfect for little mouths and hands. And while most parents are aware that McNuggets aren't perfectly healthy, they probably don't know exactly what goes into making them.

CNN has revealed that the fast-food chain makes this popular menu item with the chemical preservative tBHQ, tertiary butylhydroquinone, a petroleum-based product. Mcnuggets also contain dimethylpolysiloxane, "an anti-foaming agent" also used in Silly Putty.

Read more: www.sfgate.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.inchem.org...

For the group treated with TBHQ and killed at 24 hours, there
was a statistically-significant increase in the frequency of
micronuclei (p < 0.01).

Silly Putty

dimethylpolysiloxane

Ingredients: depending on the type and flavor, popcorn may contain butterfly and/or mushroom popcorn, butter (artificial or natural), vitamin A palmitate, artificial flavors colored with beta carotene and FD&C yellow #5 lake and FD&C yellow #6 lake, canola, cottonseed, coconut oil, dimethylpolysiloxane (an anti foaming agent), partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, palm, salt, sunflower, soy beans, soy, soybean corn, soy lecithin, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavors, palm, salt, sodium phosphate, yellow #5, lactic acid, yellow #6, turmeric extract, sugar, corn syrup solids, syloid silica as anti-caking agent, baking soda, hydrolyzed soy protein, autoyzed yeast extract, barley, soy, milk and egg components, and special flavors and seasonings.

Link is here: www.niftynuthouse.com...

beta carotene

[edit on 28-6-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to McDonald's McNuggets made with 'Silly Putty' chemical

Okay so I've read a few posts and yes admittedly this cannot be good for you but why are we focusing on the fact that this is a petroleum by-product and bashing McDonalds??? Don't get me wrong I think fast food is a terrible thing as well but if your going to attack one you need to attack all. A lot of our foods have these chemicals in them, look at Kraft's cheeze whiz or those wonderful pre-sliced and pre-packaged cheese slices just to name a few. I would like to thank the OP for bringing this to our attention though.

We now have a good idea as to why McD's makes you Poop as soon as you eat it.

Mineral oil
It may be added to food products as a substitute for fat or used as a lubricant in enema preparations, because most of the ingested material is excreted in the stool rather than being absorbed by the body. The use of food grade mineral oil is self-limiting because of its laxative effect. The maximum daily intake is calculated to be about 100 mg, of which some 80 mg are contributed from its use on machines in the baking industry.

Wikipedia - Mineral Oil

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I also read in Dr. Mercola site that the chicken used by the big chain are chickens from places like Brazil that sanitary and health conditions are despicable.

But they can come around an post cute commercials showing how they care about chickens

Deceivers and liars all the big food chains.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There is nothing as finger lickin' as radioactive mutant zombie petroleum jelly blended chicken!

mcD's chicken nuggets are awesome especially with their mutant sweet and sour sauce.

course if you don't have a mcD's in your area just dip your silly putty into jar of vaseline petroleum jelly for similar taste...

it's yummy

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by FredT

I also read in Dr. Mercola site that the chicken used by the big chain are chickens from places like Brazil that sanitary and health conditions are despicable.

But they can come around an post cute commercials showing how they care about chickens

Deceivers and liars all the big food chains.

I have posted this link because people should see the real truth and not lies from the wicked!

I will say this now this should only be viewed by a mature nature and should not be taken lightly as you shall all need a strong stomach for this video link to youtube. I once saw this video presented on Channel 4 a few years ago and again at College and was sickened. I believe what has been done to these chicks is sick and gross and horrific and I warn many member's to only click on this link if you have a strong mind.

Undercover Investigation at Hy-Line Hatchery

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I bet you all didn't know something. Everyone always thinks of McDonald's first when talking about fast food, but did you know they rank third behind Wendy's and Burger King? Yet when someone is going to bash fast food, they bash McD's. Wendy's takes meat that is left over from burgers at night, boils it, and chops it up and cooks it in the chili the next day. Still want that bowl of chili from them? I sure wouldn't eat it.

There is no fast food that is good for you. None. If you want to be sure of what you are eating, cook it yourself. I can bet you that most restaurants that you eat at are serving you much of the same stuff, but they aren't on the line with it like an old mainstay like McD's is.

We eat what we think tastes good, and we eat what we grew up eating. Old habits die hard and the multi-billion dollar fast food industry is more than ample proof of that.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Every time I have eaten fast food lately, and that isn't often at all, I thought that it tasted so fake and artificial. It doesn't even taste like real food to me anymore. Fast foods and processed foods are just plain junk foods. I prefer to eat real food with real flavors. If I want to deep fry something I can do that with real food.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Nice. Although I must say, Silly Putty tastes a bit better than the McNuggets.

Especially with the Hot Mustard sauce. Mmmmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

The Wendy's I worked at years ago just chopped up hamburger patties and made chili with that,it was some good stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Your right, we should be eating things made up of elements BESIDES those found on the periodic table.

Sheesh man, really? If you want to know whats in it, what else would it read like, even if it were strictly natural organic compounds?

A periodic table, perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join