It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence building for Gulf evacuation preparations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
How in the world could they evacuate 30 - 40 million people. Does anyone recall how many were evacuated for Katrina?

Looked it up here: en.wikipedia.org...

About a million people got out with 1 or 2 days notice. They would never be able to evacuate the gulf. Too many people, no organization. They would wait til the last minute, and there is no way the roads could take that many people. It would take a month for 30 million to get out of there. Plus if an H2S cloud goes thru, like Apacheman said, instant death.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

It would be a good excuse for the Federal Government to declare Martial Law.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

I have to wonder if they would do anything at all. To enforce martial law, someone has to be there to "police" everyone. It just seems easier/cheaper for the government to try to ignore the whole thing, and then if the gulf blows up or whatever, they just go "oops, we didn't know" and then they have some of their population control, or depopulation.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Make the Gulf Coast area into some sort of Forbidden Zone(Planet of the Apes)? I could see it

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by apacheman

My wife is itching to go to Florida for a holiday.

Maybe I should let her go on her own

am only kidding dear !

Please let me send my ex to check the waters first!
It's only fair mate, I live on the Gulf Coast

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I recently read somewhere that if there is an evacuation, then the mortagages and the derivitives related to the vacated properties would instantly crash.

They are bussing in the clean up workers
so that the sick ones (like the ones from the Valdez )
won't be visible in context later...
when they are bussed back out to where ever

I think the powers that be are trying to avoid an evac
regardless of the consequences to the residents

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I recently read somewhere that if there is an evacuation, then the mortagages and the derivitives related to the vacated properties would instantly crash.

I think the powers that be are trying to avoid an evac
regardless of the consequences to the residents

I wonder if they even thought about what happens to the mortgages and such if the area just *dies*
somewhat like Chernobyl.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Any such evacuation would fail, leaving most people stranded on the roadways. Every gas station within 300 miles of the evacuation zone would run out of gasoline within a few hours. Refueling tankers would not be able to get through the chaos on the roads to restock those stations. So whenever you run out of gas, wherever you happen to be, you might as well pitch a tent for the duration. Anyone thinking about this would probably choose to take their chances at home on familiar ground, at least.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rich Z
Any such evacuation would fail, leaving most people stranded on the roadways. Every gas station within 300 miles of the evacuation zone would run out of gasoline within a few hours. Refueling tankers would not be able to get through the chaos on the roads to restock those stations. So whenever you run out of gas, wherever you happen to be, you might as well pitch a tent for the duration. Anyone thinking about this would probably choose to take their chances at home on familiar ground, at least.

well if they are evacuating then it is really bad, there will be no inbound Refueling tankers unless your talking Mad Max all the tanker drivers will be heading as fast as possible North.
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Interesting thread. Good info. So as far as my question went, I'm guessing there is not enough surface methane for a reaction to flame then. Even so, the mixes of other gasses can still be a pretty big problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ok, let's think this through:

Under what conditions would the Gulf or any portion of it be evacuated?

Oil itself wouldn't seem to factor into an immediate evac order. If oil causes a need to evacuate it would be slow, an acknowledgement that the local environment is crappy to live in and will stay that way for a long time.

So it would have to be a gas emergency of some sort.

H2S, methane, and benzine would be the culprits, along with whatever COREXIT has in it.

Those gasses are heavier than air.

To represent a danger a cloud of gas would have to be something like four or five miles across and some hundred feet or so above sea level.

What is important to remember here is the concept of phase states...

Holy crap! 2+2 just equalled 4, and the penny dropped.

en.wikipedia.org...

Damn, damn, damn...ok, gas plumes have beem located in the depths at concentrations of up to one million times normal, right?

These clouds have been measured up to 12 x 12 miles x 600 feet thick.

What happens when currents, winds whatever, pushes such a subsea cloud into shallower water?

The gas will be pushed up into the atmosphere is what.

How much warning? I'm not sure, but hours, maybe, enough to need evac plans.

I'd be extremely watchful of winds and currents right now.

In fact, I think it's time to get out of Dodge.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I just heard that Vanguard which manages some of Obama's funds also sold BP in the weeks leading up to the "spill" just like Goldman Sachs did.

My guess is after a period of time to safeguard their funds they won't care.
Since they don't like to gamble, how the usual players are betting ahead would probably tell the tale in advance.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

I just heard that Vanguard which manages some of Obama's funds also sold BP in the weeks leading up to the "spill" just like Goldman Sachs did.

That deserves to be on its own thread. Very good research. I thank you for passing on more information about the seedy side of this.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I dont think evacuations would happen, it would collaspe the economy....but im pretty sure that was their goal anyway.

Who knows, just think of all the people missing work and businesses shutting down.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

hmm...

this thread turned out to be bunk

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

hmm...

this thread turned out to be bunk

naw....
it was worth it just to post the evidence that the managers of obamas blind trust sold off BP just befor the the "spill"...

investors.morningstar.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

nicely played.

care to explain all those company names to us laymen?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It would have made sense for them to evacuate. But the reality is worst than our expectations. Millions of people in the gulf area will have diseases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join