It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 russia spy’s arrested in US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ten people have been arrested in the United States for allegedly spying for the Russian government, the US Department of Justice has said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Eight of them were arrested on Sunday for allegedly carrying out "long-term, 'deep-cover' assignments" on US soil.
Two others were arrested for allegedly participating in the same programme.
An 11th suspect remained at large, the justice department said.
Nine have also been charged with conspiracy to commit money laundering.

more info
news.smh.com.au...
www.theatlantic.com...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by buddha]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
they got them for conspiracy to commit money laundering?
that sounds stupid! and it does not say they did any thing.
more like old sleepers who got forgoten?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Hi, buddha.
Thanks for posting this article. People are aware of how industrial espionage works, but people seem to think that spies infiltrating America for a particular agenda(s) only happens in the movies.

I'll be sure to keep my eye on this for any new developments.

Remain vigilant!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Could the 11th man at large be this man?www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know just a thought!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
don't fool yourself, these "spys" are leverage against russia in the event that they do not support Iran invasion plans. do not forget that medvedev just met with barry this last week. It seems as though their talks did not go according to plan. The U.S. government was probably watching the 11 guys and waiting for an opportunity to use them as leverage. watch as these spy become big news in the next few months.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I red that. yes he could be one of them. just have to wait and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Many people think that espionage died with the Cold War. But espionage is [obviously] alive and well today.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by Afterthought

Could the 11th man at large be this man?www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know just a thought!

Your guess is as good as mine, but you have a great memory for linking this person to the group.

You may be right connecting these dots. I don't doubt that he is certainly connected by the looks of it. Connected to Russian spies, quite possible given the circumstances.

It seems as though once you see how many people are rubbing elbows or in bed with each other, that it truly is a small world.
Too bad the bad folks seem to find each other more easily than the people with good intentions. At least from the vantage point I have observed over the years. I know - I need to remember that the glass should be viewed as half full, but it's difficult to do that sometimes.

What a strange world we all exist within.
Ah, well - Can't live with it, can't live without it!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Probably even more going on now days than ever before. The Chinese I suspect are pretty heavily involved in espionage, at least electronically, and we all remember what happened to Alexander Litvinenko in London a few years back in 2006.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
them being caught is ironic after the russian presidents visit.

dude is right espionage never died.....

now if they would catch:

chinese speis
north korean spies
iranian spies.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Here's more information in a (closed) Breaking Alternative News thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

In this courtroom sketch, Anna Chapman, left, Vicky Pelaez, second from left, the defendant known as "Richard Murphy", center, the defendant known as "Cynthia Murphy", second from right, and the defendant known as "Juan Lazaro" are seen in Manhattan federal court in New York, Monday, June 28, 2010. (AP Photo/Elizabeth Williams)

I wonder if the Anna Chapman is the same who was dateing the Manhattan billionaire Ron Perelman. The picture below is the two of them together she looks a lot like the drawing.

Ron Perelman was involed with the Monica Lewinsky Bill Clinton case.

Jan. 7: Lewinsky signs an affidavit in the Jones case declaring she "never had a sexual relationship with the president." Her lawyer does not, however, submit the affidavit yet. Lewinsky goes to Jordan's office with it. Jordan calls White House three times.

Jan. 8: Lewinsky interviews at MacAndrews & Forbes in New York. She tells Jordan the interview went poorly and he calls the chairman, Ronald Perelman. Jordan makes three calls to White House, including two to the counsel's office.

Jan. 9: Lewinsky interviews again with MacAndrews & Forbes, and with Revlon. She informally accepts a Revlon job. She calls Jordan with news. Jordan informs president, who responds: "Thank you very much."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Could this be the Russian trying to destabilize the US by creating scandals in the white house like the Monica Lewinsky Bill Clinton case? Or how about Vicky Pelaez supporting illegal alien protest for amnesty?

Heres Vicky Pelaez Para Rebeldia,Huelgas,Inimigracion,Crisis y Racismo en EE.UU.

Translates to:

Vicky Pelaez To Rebeldia, Strikes, Inimigracion, Crisis and Racism in U.S.
larebeldiadelosinmigrantes.blogspot.com...

And again I ask is this the Russian trying to destabilize the US. I think so!!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hmm.. the one of them, Anna Chapman is kinda hawt. Got this link from Sky news. Haven't seen too many of the others, though.

news.sky.com...

Is no one else thinking "Moose and squirrel" every time they hear of this whole thing?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No I think that is the other woman, unless you found a wayyy less unattractive pic of her than I did!...lol

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
CNN had a great article about this and stated that the name of the operation was the "Illegals Program". I'll find the link and edit it in when I can.

I find it surprising that a covert spy operation that's been ongoing for years has virtually no discussion or speculation as to why. This is tailor made material for ATS.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
MSM just reported here that they had no access to classified information and that the information they possessed could be readily discovered using the internet.

So in other words, they were legal US citizens who committed no real crime unless becoming informed is a crime.

I smell an excuse to crack down on internet restrictions coming. How about you?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Seems like business as usual from the Russians . When the Soviet Union fell a state collapsed but Russian culture did not change . The crucial bit about Russian culture not changing has been missed by world leaders who expected Russia to continue the democratic reforms of the 90's .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

They were not legal US citizens. They were Russians using stolen Canadian identities to enter the US.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I wonder how many the U.S has planted over in russia.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Why is no one asking about the obvious link between UVB-76 and this "spy ring"?? Starting on June 6th UVB-76 goes silent - then comes back on air with massive amounts of activity never before heard. Are we supposed to believe their is no possible link??

"UVB-76 has become much more active as of 2010. In early June, many listeners also report that it simply stopped transmitting, although transmission resumed by June 6th, 2010. That same day, many listeners reported transmissions in Morse Code. Since the start of June 2010, the normal buzzing sound from UVB-76 has been replaced by a continuous high pitched noise, similar to that of a modem, with intermittent deeper tones like that of a foghorn.[5] Whether this is a malfunction or an intended change to the buzzing remains to be seen. On June 10, UVB-76 reportedly transmitted actual polytone data bursts followed by another Morse Code transmission. Several conflicting amateur reports on UVB-76's recent activities also date from June 2010.[6]"

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join