It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when conspiracy-mongering was *fun* ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Cast your minds back many years, my friends, to the days when you played with ideas for their own sake. Heck, it may not even have been that long ago...up until about two years ago the whole thing could still be a parlor game for many.

Now that the whole thing is really starting to shake, rattle, and roll, however, its taken on an entirely weightier import. Economic collapse, poisoned oceans, wars, escalating human misery, etc etc...the wolf is no longer at the door, folks...he's in the kitchen ripping the door off the fridge.

I would say up to about 2008 or so I roamed the lunatic fringe as a happy wanderer. I was less concerned about whether things were "true" or "untrue" and I eagerly devoured esoteric and extreme ideas out of curiosity. Now I feel the situation is truly unraveling and it can't be such a lighthearted endevor anymore. Something is lost but something is gained, perhaps.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
ya mon-

conspiracy-mongering is supposed to be about individual awakening, not marketability.....

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

You can take solace in the fact that every generation thinks that things are screwed up. That the government is dumb and is going down a bad path. That that darn rock music is the devil's music. That we're nearing Armageddon. The good news; we're still alive and kicking.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson
reply to post by silent thunder

You can take solace in the fact that every generation thinks that things are screwed up. That the government is dumb and is going down a bad path. That that darn rock music is the devil's music. That we're nearing Armageddon. The good news; we're still alive and kicking.

Some times and places do, indeed, see worse events than others. Few would argue that it would not have been generally much better to be in, say, Canada or Sweden than Vietnam or Cambodia during the 1970s. Or to live during the great, peaceful days of the "Concert of Europe" (1870s to WWI) than die in the trenches of Verdun.

[edit on 6/30/10 by silent thunder]

top topics

join