It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Breaks World Record for Wearing Underwear, in Possible Act of Torture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Boy Breaks World Record for Wearing Underwear, in Possible Act of Torture

www.asylum.com

A fourth-grader from Warwick, N.Y., named Jack Singer broke the record for wearing the most underwear at the same time. The video of the record-breaking feat straddles the line between triumphant and harrowing.

At about the 0:51 mark, Singer seems to be struggling to breathe with a pained grimace on his youthful mug. We're also thinking that having a group of adults strap you down with 215 pairs of tighty whities while your classmates cheer you on may mean serious therapy bills later in life.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Im not sure if the kid in this video willfully submitted to this...he seems to be crying? in the video.

I really dont see the point of doing this? All I see is a scared kid wearing a giant huggie pull-up;

Were the parents wrong in doing this? will there be charges? Nah I dont think so..

www.asylum.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-6-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Aside from the wondering if the kid even wanted to go through with it all willingly or if he were coerced.

I wonder why there is even such a stupid record to begin with. Do we as humans have nothing better to do than to do stupid pointless records?

Raist

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I watched a show recently where they were with a guy trying to get the world record for wearing t shirts.

He has a video on youtube, and got pretty close to the record but had to stop because of the weight and restriction of the tighter shirts.

So in this show they were going to watch as he made his 2nd attempt. He decided to use larger shirts at the beginning instead of the smaller ones like on his first attempt.

In the end, he didn't get even close to his first attempt. The weight of the larger shirts was too much for him to handle. And the shirts were beginning to restrict blood flow and make it harder for him to breathe amongst other issues.

The next segment, the host of the show was enticed into going for the record for wearing the most pairs of boxer shorts. I wasn't able to catch the end, but the last I saw he was wearing about 5 pounds of boxers and was having problems moving freely.

I can't watch the OP video, but if he was crying I'm sure at some point the underwear became quite constrictive and probably heavy, especially for a young kid.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I call hoax...

The is obviously a fruit-of-the-Loom attempt to go viral

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

The touch, The feel, Of 215 pairs of Cotton, The fabric of our lives!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

No, I don't think it's a hoax. I remember seeing this on CNN International some two weeks ago or so. The people from the Guinness Book of Records were on hand as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Nobody watched the last 5 seconds I take it...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
He was probably wearing a cup.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I was just being sarcastic about a hoax. I watched the whole thing
wondering if the kid was gonna cry. I had to laugh when his
parents were talking about how proud they were. My first thought after
watching was about the kids future. I mean, I hope he goes on to break
many, many clothing records, but it just doesn't bode well for a potential
career in politics...and I'm not sure the Nobel committee would see
this accomplishment as a plus. Though some potential employer
may look over his application and see this listed under "List
other accomplishments" and think...This is the guy I been looking for!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ok the record issue aside.......

When did it become legal to have a child on national TV in nothing but his underwear?
I understand he was doing this for a good cause but really, he was in his underwear at the end being carried around on his fathers shoulders.

I guess to me this is just crazy.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I saw him sneeze - he should have had at least one shirt on - I think he caught a cold!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

Have you never seen an ad for diapers or underwear?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

I don't believe its ever been illegal for a child to be in just their underwear, as long as all 'obscene' locations are covered. Think of the countless baby butts you've seen on TV trying to sell everything from diapers to skin products that make you feel 'as smooth as a babies butt.'

Speaking more to the video I caught a glimpse of it on CNN while at work and laughed at first because of the situation but then felt bad for the kid because he probably had no idea what was really going on besides ol' dad shoving more and more underwear on him. Looked kind of bored/annoyed to me.

new topics

top topics

join