It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third US carrier, 4,000 Marines augment US armada opposite Iran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wfaherty

then all these ships should be heading to the persian gulf, or arabian sea......
not the red sea.... heading towards the meditarian or however it is spelled...

and that is where the nassau is heading, and more than likely a few more of them.....
look at a map....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
There's no way they will attack Iran just like that, something would have to happen first like a false flag. So until something does then I'm not worried one bit.

I wonder if the oil spill is the distraction... not exactly false flag but "LOOK OVER HERE"

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Also, Hilary Clinton is visiting Georgia and Azerbaijan this week.

Both are claimed (nothing reliable yet) to be gathering places for IDF and US Forces.

Also being claimed that Saudi Arabia has given Israel permission to stage IAF planes there. (ironic)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Yog-Sothoth

Who knows what is normal maneuvering, what is a precursor to military action, and what is the puppet master having fun?

You are exactly right about this, because "Who knows normal maneuvering...?" No One!

The best way to "trick" your enemy is to do the exact opposite of what you think he thinks you'll do, or, be very bold, so bold that he will think you are "bluffing," when you are really not!

No one knows for sure on this one! Just "remember history!" The Japanese had diplomats in D.C. to "talk peace" with us on the very morning Pearl Harbor was bombed. Israel has been seen unloading military hardware on the Saudi's Northwest Border. "THEY ARE GETTING READY FOR SOMETHING!"

So, it's a wait and see situation! What if things do blowup in the Middle East, and then North Korea decides to attack South Korea, then, China uses this as a time to invade Taiwan???

The whole world situation is getting very delicate, and "VERY SCARY!"

~ MidnightPoet

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

so, where does your link place them heading to seychelles?

since there's a bunch of cooks on a cargo plane heading to the nassau, and they think it's an aircraft carrier that will be sitting in the meditarian sea when they get there waiting for a fourth of july picnic???

heck, maybe they are planning something....
they seem to have these ships all over the place for some reason.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

The oil spill isn't a distraction. Every military intelligence service has their eyes on U.S. military movements 24/7. They do not get distracted from this mission of situational awareness.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I was wrong, the Navy had the Nassau in a different location last night. Just recently the Navy is admitting the Nassau has joined the 5th fleet. Nassau joining the 5th fleet has been confirmed by the Navy.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by emsed1

The oil spill isn't a distraction. Every military intelligence service has their eyes on U.S. military movements 24/7. They do not get distracted from this mission of situational awareness.

Oh no... I meant in the sense of "False Flag".

It would be a giant distraction to the public to be looking at the Gulf (hurricane, earthquake, HAARP, etc.) and might be enough to sneak in an attack on Iran...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

I was wrong, the Navy had the Nassau in a different location last night. Just recently the Navy is admitting the Nassau has joined the 5th fleet. Nassau joining the 5th fleet has been confirmed by the Navy.

Fifth Fleet is in the Gulf?

I wasn't sure... The "Where the Carriers Are" map showed it heading for the Gulf area.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No Admiral with half a brain would put carrier battle groups in the narrow waters of the Persian gulf if the possible enemy(Iran) has land based anti-ship missiles(sunburn range ~ 60nm),it would be stupid.
That's why any stopping and inspection of shipping will happen away(>60nm) from the Straights of Hormuz.
Better to put the carrier battle groups in the red sea and launch from 600-900nm away with tanker support,and yes they would have to fly over Saudi Arabia(who most defiantly does not want a nuclear armed IRAN).

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
CVW-3 Log:

Home Port : Norfolk, VA. Back log
21May2010, departed Norfolk for a six-month deployment, to the 5th and 6th fleet areas of operations, in support of maritime security operations.

21May-02Jun2010, Lant

02Jun2010, transited the Strait of Gibraltar
03Jun-08Jun2010, Med 09Jun-12Jun2010, Marseille, France

13Jun2010, anchored off the coast of Hyers to observe the air show celebrating the 100th anniversary of French Naval Aviation 14Jun-

17Jun2010, Med

18Jun2010, transited the Suez Canal, and entered the U.S. 5th Fleet Area of Operations 18Jun-19Jun2010, Red Sea

26Jun-29Jun2010, North Arabian Sea

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Oh, I get your point now. Yeah, I agree with you on that.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

she's been in the fifth fleets all this time, I believe..

www.navy.mil...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Looks like Ike is going home:

US Navy

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wfaherty

which would explain isreal waiting saudi arabia's permission to use their airspace....
but still, the stories I had translated were putting these ships, in the red sea....but, well, off the coast of iran...

which, really isn't possible....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Up until a few hours ago, the navy had the Nassau 2,000 miles away in the Seychelles, according to their daily updated "status of the navy" page on their site.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

she moves fast in her old age????

at this speed, she'll be home by next week!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I just really don't consider the LHA-4 USS Nassau a 'baby carrier'.

Harriers, Ospreys, Super Cobras, Hovercraft and the entire 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think we should just start bombing countries left and right..people don't respect us any more..it'll speed up our technological evolution and solve the "job" program..legalize marijuana and tax it in the process..Economy fixed..only downside is the bloodiest world war in history, but its inevitable anyway, so better we get the initiative.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

and a personal that is really on edge because they haven't had shore leave in close to six months......

I don't consider her to be a baby anything, I've been on the beast....she's huge!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join