It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP spill and Revelation 9..."and their power was to hurt men five months."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Revelation 9 sums it up.

Revelation 9

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon...

The disaster started in April, and they say it won't be capped 'till August. That's five months. It sure seems like it's a bottomless pit, doesn't it. Thoughts?

[edit on 6/28/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

[edit on 6/29/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Whatever these locusts are, their effect is that they make people want to die. It's about despair. Is it that bad?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Perhaps you should read all of revelation beforehand before you put a part of it to fit your needs. There is a whole chain of events.

Take a look at rev 8.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Whatever these locusts are, their effect is that they make people want to die. It's about despair. Is it that bad?

If you look at the Italian translation the word is actually "locusta". It means POISONER.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I always thought that the star that fell into the sea would be a nuke or an asteroid! I always thought that the locusts and scorpions were those little black helicopters, with the scorpion tails! How strange that it could all be caused by oil!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by DISRAELI

If you look at the Italian translation the word is actually "locusta". It means POISONER.

Very fitting. Poisoning the mind, perhaps?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Forgive me the one line response but isn't the BP logo a star?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Forgive me the one line response but isn't the BP logo a star?

Wow, great thinking! I never even thought of that! Yes, the BP Logo could be considered as a star! I guess I always thought of Revelation 9 as being a more logical scenario, but then we know that God doesn't always deal in "logical"!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What about Rev 8?

I think that is where we are right now.

1When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

2And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.

3Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne. 4The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel's hand. 5Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.
The Trumpets
6Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.

7The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

12The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

13As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't see why you all didn't contribute to the 5 other threads with this subject.

But nonetheless, BP's logo isn't a star. It's a sunburst.

I guess you can fit it in as a star in some kind of logic. But officially, its a sunburst.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i don't wear the seal of god and i don't want to die.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
I always thought that the star that fell into the sea would be a nuke or an asteroid! I always thought that the locusts and scorpions were those little black helicopters, with the scorpion tails! How strange that it could all be caused by oil!

Stars = fire.......The oil rig was fire that fell into the bottomless pit.

it might work.....

And these ancient predictions are never going to say exactly what happened , but somebody is making sure these things come true.....

as if they were meant to come true to mess with our minds to test us.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Did someone took alook at the word locusta ?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It can be translated (or twisted) to mean any sort of nonsense one would like.

Ask a dozen bible believers for their translation and you'll get a different response from them all.

Ask a priest or a pastor and he'll say its gods way of saying you must donate more money to the church or you'll be punished.

To heck with that book anyways, there are much better fairy tale books to waste time reading.

Besides, isnt the hebrew god supposed to be one that isnt of "confusion"?!! YEA, RIGHT!

The bible is full of baloney.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I don't see why you all didn't contribute to the 5 other threads with this subject.

But nonetheless, BP's logo isn't a star. It's a sunburst.

I guess you can fit it in as a star in some kind of logic. But officially, its a sunburst.

Our sun happens to be a star any way you look at it. But it's OUR star then, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Wow dude wow, you could be a bit more respectful with your bible bashing...

We are all civilized human beings right here. No need to snap at people just because you don't believe in something.

P.S. I've not once thumped a bible.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Umm last time I checked "Suns" ARE STARS

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

Man I must be a complete idiot. I had NO idea the Sun was a star.

Like I said before, you can try to fit in that BP's logo is a star however you want to. The fact stands that it is not the sun, or a star, it is a sunburst.

We can keep playing word games if you like. I'm quite sure you all get my point. But like kids play word games...he said "their" not "they're" so it doesn't really apply....

Either way, have fun skewing bible prophecy to suit your ideas. Its not really an original concept.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
I always thought that the locusts and scorpions were those little black helicopters, with the scorpion tails! How strange that it could all be caused by oil!

Oh, btw...about the SCORPION

You might want to check out the connection between BP, Transocean, and SCORPION OFFSHORE, LTD.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Baloney

Wow dude wow, you could be a bit more respectful with your bible bashing...

We are all civilized human beings right here. No need to snap at people just because you don't believe in something.

P.S. I've not once thumped a bible.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by DaMod]

Yeah, I also felt offended by that comment. Please respect the Bible. If you don't apologize, then mods should take care of you.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Trueman]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join