It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for all of ATS...How many messiahs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

I was just wondering, How many people have popped up claiming to be some sort of messiah on ATS? Can I get a general estimate? In the short amount of time I've been here, I've seen a few, and I was wondering if this is a regular occurrence.

Thanks Guys!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Once a week somebody comes on here and claims to be something.

Although specifically speaking of "messiah", I haven't seen that recently.

I've seen it plenty before that however, so IMO it's a regular occurance. We attract some strange people to these boards.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

"Messiah" on its own is now old hat.
People are now claiming at least half a dozen titles at the same time.
Perhaps your question was prompted by a thread which started this evening.
I know of somebody else who is "messiah, mahdi, Maitreya, pahana, agnus dei, new buddha", and so on.
There's no shortage.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have only seen a few.

Head to Brazil or somewhere if you want that stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I've seen it a few times, but anyone claiming to be Christ is a liar, and a deceiver. We all shall soon seen Christ ascend from Heaven in all of His glory, and then you shall know who is really Christ.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

I have seen a few messiahs, mabey 5 demons claimers, about an X amount of aliens claimers which for some reason isnt to far fetched. I feel people come to this site and feel the enery upon it with all the fertil ground for conspiracy theorist mindstates and many dive right in and attempt to absorbe the feelings generated with them just recieving the attention from someone tryen to disprove them...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I haven't seen someone who claims to be a Muad' Dib yet. Some may understand what it is.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Actually, I am here to proclaim that I am the Kwisatz Haderach.

Muad' Dib is just my Freman name.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Got to say I have only seen a few......not into religion so maybe I do not look and notice........

Not to say that this site is not infiltrated with them
*Shruggs Shoulders*

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There used to be a guy in our town everyone called "Jesus." He looked like the cliche image of Jesus (beard, long hair, etc.) but I guess that was just because he was a typical hippie. Nobody knew where he came from...he'd show up once every few weeks or so and wander the streets chanting stuff like:

"I'm God!"
"It's fun to be God!"
"You can be God, too!"

He always had a radiant smile on his face and he was so obviously overjoyed that nobody bothered him as far as I know, not even the cops.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by Phlynx

Actually, I am here to proclaim that I am the Kwisatz Haderach.

Muad' Dib is just my Freman name.

Tell me of the waters of your homeworld, Usul.

And watch out for killers with the manners of rabbits. They are the most dangerous kind.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I haven't seen someone who claims to be a Muad' Dib yet. Some may understand what it is.

OOOOOO I'll claim that. LOL

Paul Atreides here. Still have my eyes so far too.

Remember: "Fear is the mind killer."

[edit on 28/6/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Funny I haven't seen any. I have seen some claim to be prophets but never a messiah.
It happens often and rightly so, this board is chalked full of animated personalities and what not...
Although I haven't encountered a Messiah the users who claim to be Aliens are the best.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
well it's hard to play messiah when you're girl

but I could announce that I am Isis, Aphrodite, Ishtar, Inana or if you like Whore of Babylon

new topics

top topics

join