It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiery Orange ufo's?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hello I have brought this topic up as I have heard and read numerous claims of reported fiery orange glows in the skies above.

I have read and followed up on this strange phenomena and hoped to see something as where I live in the UK there have been over 5 reports in the last 5-6 weeks.

Here is a website link to all the NEW reports highlighted in PINK and they too have seen/experienced this strange phenomena. www.ufoinfo.com...

Last friday just gone in the middle of Derbyshire in the UK I was driving back to my home whilst I was driving through the countryside to the corner of my left eye I saw an orange glow in the sky, now at this time it was still daylight and gradually getting darker around 21:00hrs.

I pulled over and stopped the car and dipped my headlights and sat next to the road side to my amazement which at that time I felt goose-bumps running wild all over my body I actually saw what didn't look like a hot air ballon or lantern because this orange object had fire and lots of fire engulfing the entire object.

As a bonus it sat just below the clouds and must have been low enough as a plane taking off. This object was stationary and stayed stationary for many minutes. I didn't require binoculars as I have a very good 20/20 vision and could clearly make out the detail of this bizarre object.

However when I flashed my head beams from my car at the object it reacted as if to say "you've spotted me" and it appeared to look as if a curtain was pulled sideways passed the object then it disappeared. As if it manifested into an invisible light? Who knows?

But I know what I saw was real and clearly was not of a hot air ballons as I can distinguish these and lanterns from the fiery orange object in the sky.

If anybody here has seen/experienced the same/similar experience could you please come forward with your views/comments as I would like to hear from you and anybody else not just from the UK but anywhere else from around the world?

Thankyou for reading my story and I hope to hear some good response soon.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've seen orange lights in Derbyshire - about 2 months ago - but not so intense as yours. (Coincidentally it was the day that the BP oil rig blew up but I am sure it was just that - a coincidence.) There still seems to be no good explanation for these.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jax11
I've seen orange lights in Derbyshire - about 2 months ago - but not so intense as yours. (Coincidentally it was the day that the BP oil rig blew up but I am sure it was just that - a coincidence.) There still seems to be no good explanation for these.

There have been stories from locals mentioned in The Times and also from outside Derby and Measham. I just find it a little odd as the locals here have told me only because I asked them to be a little open-minded about strange sightings in the area and they too used to talk about strange looking 6-7feet - 7-9 feet tall blacker than black beings with glowing red eyes and some people have mentioned of these beings to manifest and disappear.

There's also always ufo-investigator's in the area at this time and we've had numerous black helicopters circulating in the area. Just down the road from mine we had police tape off the old quary which is now used as an visitor park with the lake in the middle. It just doesn't add up. The tape they used was white and blue stripes if that means anything and they had a helicopter circulating in that area 3 times a day for nearly a week.

Its not a very nice thought to think that this area is now being targeted either by a government agency playing tricks on the people/public or whether it could really be black funded projects being tested on the locals here.

Whatever is happening here I refuse to stay outside at night for long periods and always drive home now oppose to walking as I too have witnessed some bizarre moments of people blatanly looking for the likes of other means in the area.

But they always caution anybody suchas myself to walk away and stop asking questions.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I was going to make a thread about this myself but you've beaten me to it! (thanks!)

There is a plague of orange lights in the sky over the UK at the moment. In fact, it is the only potential UFO that i have ever seen personally, and i know other people who have had similair sightings.

They are being dismissed as chinese lanterns but i disagree:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b5ad7abaf0a.jpg[/atsimg]

The light i saw was stationary, solitary and had an odd quality to it - like a streetlamp in the sky.

I think there could be an epidemic of these sightings and it is interesting that you have seen the significance of it. Hopefully other people will come forward with their experiences.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
I was going to make a thread about this myself but you've beaten me to it! (thanks!)

There is a plague of orange lights in the sky over the UK at the moment. In fact, it is the only potential UFO that i have ever seen personally, and i know other people who have had similair sightings.

They are being dismissed as chinese lanterns but i disagree:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b5ad7abaf0a.jpg[/atsimg]

The light i saw was stationary, solitary and had an odd quality to it - like a streetlamp in the sky.

I think there could be an epidemic of these sightings and it is interesting that you have seen the significance of it. Hopefully other people will come forward with their experiences.

Thanks for the post!

Thankyou for your post
I'm currently reporting my sighting to an ufo website where many have been reported in the UK.

I have thought hard about this all weekend and have now decided to come forward as it was again in the newspaper in the local "The Times" and was titled as a possible ufo invasion from the skies.

There is a star I like to watch/view every night and over the past 12 months it appears to be getting larger and brighter. I have my suspicions whether that could be the planet-x but as I was driving home last friday I saw to the left of that star/planet a strange fiery orange glow in the sky that had a strange orange sphere looking shape behind the flames.

Those flames were engulfing the entire object it looked very similar to that of somebody pouring gallons of petrol over a bonfire and massive gulfs of flames flowing from the sides and top of this object it was so strange and I too did not hear anything like it was completely silenced and very spooky.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That corresponds, almost to the letter, to what my sister saw in Wales over Christmas this year. She said it was like a hot air balloon on fire. It was this that inspired me to take my sighting (on exactly the same night but in Cornwall) perhaps a little more seriously.

But what do you make of it?

I must admit to being intrigued by the flood of sightings.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Dude, not #ing kidding, ive been waiting for this thread to happen for a while, I saw 3 of them in southampton the other day, thought they were chinese lanterns at first

Saw one travel behind some buildings high up and continue in that direction, then on my way back from a friends I saw two more one below and behind the other travelling in the same direction, they travelled fast. Just bright orange single light's, nothing else to them it seemed. Then I saw a white light brighter than any star travelling across the sky the other night, could have been a satellite but how bright do they show up? or does it depend?

Then I saw a plane with no blinking lights, but just one white light and two less bright ones at the edges and it was doing circles around the sky, large ones.

Got me thinking now.

Could be nothing though.

EDIT: Oh #, just looked up!!! it was those orange lights, exactly like them!!!

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
That corresponds, almost to the letter, to what my sister saw in Wales over Christmas this year. She said it was like a hot air balloon on fire. It was this that inspired me to take my sighting (on exactly the same night but in Cornwall) perhaps a little more seriously.

But what do you make of it?

I must admit to being intrigued by the flood of sightings.

Thankyou for your comment. I have read of comments backing back to Christmas of last year as was reported in the local newspaper. I will write here exactly what it said in "The Times" newspaper on page 12 of Friday, June 25th, 2010 the headtitle is "Could this be the start of an alien invasion or just Chinese lanterns?"

"A NUMBER of readers have contacted the Times with further information about the strange orange lights spotted in the sky. Ray Sturgees from Ashby said he spotted some similar lights from his home on the edge of the town.
Mr Sturgess said:"It was like a ballon with a basket on it, but the basket seemed to be on fire. Then the basket disappeared and it was just a red ball with a flame around it. Then it started to go higher in the sky, it was going really fast."
Alan Gee from Whitwick saw something similar while he was visiting friends in Cannock on Saturday, May 15th, the same day as the first sighting over Measham. Mr Gee said:"I was looking eastward and saw exactly the same light. So it would have had to have been a very bright ballon to be seen 30 miles away."
Diane King contacted the Times via email to share her experience. She said:"We also saw the light in the sky. We had been Ask in Ashby and there was a storm in the distance. "We were watching the sky, when we saw this long flame like object came towards us. There was no sound and sparks had come off it during the movement, like something had come off it and sparked when clashed."
However Anne Morgans from Measham also called to tell us that she had been releasing chinese lanterns in Measham on May 15, to celebrate her daughter's birthday.
Mr Oaks also called to say that he had released 11 Chinese lanterns from Millfield Close to Ashby.
So what do you think? Were these sightings nothing more than Chinese lanterns, or is something a little more extraterrestrial visiting north-west Leicestershire?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

Thankyou for your reply "Mr Zeropoint". You happened to mention of a brighter white light which I happened to see on the Tuesday night of last week which would have been on the 22nd of June, 2010. I felt like I just needed to watch the skies that night and it was quite late at exactly 22:23 hrs right above my head I witnessed and saw a very thin white object travelling very fast then it widened in shape and then appeared very bright white light then it just disappeared as it accelearted off into the distance.

I was following this object for less than a minute with my binoculars and it disappeared off into Orion's belt?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Chinese lanterns are a convenient explanation, but i think it is an erroneous one.

Just how many people are sending up chinese lanterns? I dont know anyone who has!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here I have a quote from my sister's boyfriend who recently reports having a sighting to present forward and I thank him for this as the more people that come forward about this strange phenomena, the better.

I saw something that looked just like a chinese lantern over Wigston, Leicester. Simular to a hot air baloon but smaller, about 50ft in the air gettin higher and higher but very slow. Maybe a lantern but who knows.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Could it be that 'chinese lanterns' are the new 'swamp gas'?

It would be interesting to hear other reports on this in order to get some perspective on the situation.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My personal thoughts on Chinese lanterns are that while pretty, they are now being used far too much and a tad overproduced. It's a conspiracy in itself (to me anyway) to introduce these into every single UFO equation and a very convenient scapegoat, although if people are familiar with the lanterns then they will know the differences.

The only UFO I ever saw was about twelve years ago in the skies over Oxgangs in Edinburgh. It was rugby ball shaped, and I did write it off as ball lightning once, but after seeing numerous ball lighting videos it wasn't that, and too fat to be a lantern. It was just a hot hot orange colour around it's very diffuse edges with a bright white center.

My father saw another orange UFO a few years ago, but this one was also blinking an orange light. He's a military man and knows his stuff, and it wasn't like anything he had ever seen before.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Feel like we both saw the same thing man, i stared at it till i could no longer see it as it passed over my house. Pretty much the did the same thing you did ^^ how strange.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
UH OH !!!

I was afraid something like this was going to happen, I 've reading through this thread and you all have some strange things afoot for sure

your tall black beings remind me somewhat of this guyMothman

creepist thing thing ever

why so many Chinese Lanterns in UK? Just kidding !

I've seen some alternatively powered craft in Arizona Us and Washington US
but nothing like what you are describing, sounds you are overun overthere

[edit on 6/28/2010 by MrsBlonde]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I've felt for awhile that ufo sightings were a bad omen of sorts.
I don't know what to think as I have never seen chinese lanterns
to my knowledge but I did see an orange light once long ago.
It was about 8-9 at night here in the usa. It seemed to zigzag up
and down then zip off on a straight course.
What you are saying here is deeply scary and I hope it is nothing
but these days you do not know what to expect next. Just stay away
from them I guess if you see them. It may very well be connected
to some darpa experiments but that does not mean that whatever it is
is safe. Call me a supersticious old woman but it gives me the creeps.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Thanks for alerting me to this thread, from my own inner source, I feel very strongly that this is awareness 101, that these orangey flirey type "crafts", if they are truly that, is significant and warning us about what is coming, or what could be coming. But even with this warning, consistently and frequently given it seems, there is no fixed reality here at all, and everything responds to our consciousness, level of spirit, awareness, development and progressin. So we really can shine our lights, and overcome self, striving to help others and concern for the poor, we will see a better day, with sunshine and love, lighting our way, eternal progression, endless, bounty and prosperity for all. Its in our own consciousness to change this scenario into something else. So this "warning" if it could be called that really is for awareness.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If you Google "Chinese lanterns in the sky" on the Images option, you'll see plenty of photos of what they look like. The two objects I saw were in no way Chinese lanterns. They were somewhat different to those described by others in this thread, being two reddish-orange lights moving at speed quite high up - it was when there was a no-fly ban in the UK due to the volcanic ash cloud, so there was no way they could be planes.

This local guy postulates that the lights may be ball lightning, but he is not sure. I too am looking for a plausible alternative theory.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Zeropoint

Feel like we both saw the same thing man, i stared at it till i could no longer see it as it passed over my house. Pretty much the did the same thing you did ^^ how strange.

Me and my friend a while back last year of 2009, this time strange enough, around the summer period. We both stood outsideand it was almost as if we felt like we needed to. We believed we were waiting for another friend to pull up outside the house in his car.

We both saw this very large in diameter white egg-shaped onject flying at low-altitude and flying quick but not too fast to watch appear/dis-appear into the horizon.

It was very peculiar and I have witnessed many white sphere objects passing right over-head, maybe 400-600 miles above the house and mostly travel in a straight line. Whereas some of these white sphere objects dash around other stars/planets.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
UH OH !!!

I was afraid something like this was going to happen, I 've reading through this thread and you all have some strange things afoot for sure

your tall black beings remind me somewhat of this guyMothman

creepist thing thing ever

why so many Chinese Lanterns in UK? Just kidding !

I've seen some alternatively powered craft in Arizona Us and Washington US
but nothing like what you are describing, sounds you are overun overthere

[edit on 6/28/2010 by MrsBlonde]

Thankyou for your comment and as for the "Mothman" I have heard claims of such creature. I've read and watched documents of the "Bigfoot" being in America/Texas.

And as for the amount of appearances around this area, there has been many over the last few decades and I have grown used to it. Not so much fear it as we don't really know what it really could be that people report as sightings.

However we do keep in mind that it has happened to us aswell as there's less of us walking the country lanes/streets at night as we only live in a small town and surrounded by many fields and countryside.

I have always believed anything is possible yet without sufficient evidence, backing up the claims, it is very hard to pursue the truth in this very matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join