It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton says BLOW UP the Deepwater Horizon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sure use a nuke and watch that methane blow and poisoned tsunamis zooming inland covering everything in highly volatile compounds.... oh, it is too insane to even contemplate.

One would do better to use HAARP to cause a quake and try to seal it, but the geological structures involved are so fragile compared to like areas in the Atlantic and Pacific, one would likely cause all of the other leaks to open up into more plumes of death and destruction.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
reply to post by butcherguy

So the US had a man running the country and he didn't even know how to smoke a joint? It's madness gone mad!

Well that, and he wasn't sure of what the definition of the word "is"!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

That's how wells on land are put out, they put a charge on the well and blast it, puting out the fire. It makes perfect sense, the theory is to create a vacuum of no oxygen, thus no fire.

I see exactly how it could work here. Put a charge into the ground parallel to the pipe, do so about 100-300 feet down. When it detonates it will destroy the pipe further down, alleviating the leak on top, the Ocean soil and rock would then collapse around the well. It's no different than the idea of placing a massive concrete block on top of the well.

I believe the reason they won't do this is that if they did, they wouldn't need two relief wells, which in a few years are going to be exceedingly profitable.

So go Billy, for making sense.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

A nuke wouldn't be needed, but nukes don't create tsunami's ... testing nukes underwater used to be pretty common.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Actually Doc, this guy has it all figured out.

Marine-Techie: End-The-Oil-Spill-With-The-Mother-Of-All-Bombs

The Marine Corps’ most (in)famous technologist has a solution for the Gulf oil spill: Blow the crap out of it, with the Mother of All Bombs.

Over the past decade, no one in the Corps has been more creative, more persistent and more migraine-inducing in his pursuit of war fighting gadgetry than Franz Gayl.

Some of his ideas were rock-solid, like small spy drones and bomb-resistant trucks. Eventually, the Pentagon bought tens of thousands of the trucks, due in large part to his agitating and whistle blowing efforts.

Other concepts of his were more fringe: orbiting troop transports, super-strength exoskeletons, laser guns that could roast insurgents alive.

Now Gayl, a civilian scientist (semi-) employed by Quantico, may have come up with his most dramatic idea yet: Use a 21,000-pound megamunition to generate a king-sized shock wave that would force those leaking pipes on the seabed shut.

Deploying the GBU-43 MOAB — known as the “Massive Ordnance Air Burst” or “Mother of All Bombs” — would be “proven, safe and ‘green,’” Gayl tells our pal David Axe, of War Is Boring.

The bomb consumes all its own fuel, after all. And it’s not a nuclear weapon, like the one the Russians allegedly used to shut down out-of-control wells. If there are no MOABs to be had, Gayl adds, a Vietnam-era Daisy Cutter will do just fine.

www.wired.com...

If you want to read more, you can in my thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just don't know if this would be a good idea or not. The floor of the gulf is pretty soft made up of sand and silt. What if a shock wave of this magnitude causes the seabed to collapse creating a huge tsunami?

Too many "what if's" in this picture to carelessly just "bomb the crap out of it!"

What the hell is Clinton sounding off for anyway? He is not one I would listen to, much less take advice from!

Has always reminded me of W.C. Fields! LOL!!

Pax

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join