It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dogon and The Nommo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ello All,

Over the last couple of years i've found myself quoting and sending people in the direction of this well researched piece about The Dogon and their stories about The Nommo. I was about to reply to a thread quoting a bit of it again, so I thought, bollocks, it just seems like a good time for it. So here you go- "The Nommos, who could live on land but dwelled mostly in the sea, were part fish, like merfolk (mermaids and mermen)."

"The Nommo was crucified and resurrected and in the future will again visit the Earth, this time in human form. Later he will assume his amphibious form and will rule the world from the waters."

njoy- Dogon Theory of Creation

I would love to hear what others think of it.... Unless your a bible basher.. If you refuse to see past the little world that is religion, your better off going to the vet and having yourself put down! Please don't waist the space!!

Keep it clean and constructive.

ding ding, game on.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's interesting to me that so many tribal people, from the Dogon to the Hopi to the Mayans have a very similar story about a great god-like ruler who is going to come back to them in the future to set things straight. I wish that he/they (Is there one or do each people have their own?) would hurry up. I would like to see it in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Is there anyway of knowing the truth of how they know what they know or does probability lean towards 20th century influence? Are they just repeating what some explorer told them?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

In the bible there are references to more than 1 god, gods.

To get things in context, during the first world war and Africa got involved. The allies set up camp over there whilst the native looked on in awe. They were gobsmacked by these metal birds and the cragos and white humans that came out... And the treats they got a taste for.

When the war ended the camps closed and the troops went home.

When the troops didn't return the natives made things to worship, to "make the gods return".

So in antiquity you could imagine how they felt about UFO's and aliens.

Why do you think it says in the bible about god making us in his image!

This is worth a read as well- www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

what about the fact that the same gods the dogon are on about get a mention by the Sumerians, which is where Iraq is now.

the Sumerians are the oldest confirmed civilisation.

Can you suggest another way we came to be hunter gatherers to all of a sudden having reading, writing, law, maths, geometry, beer, architecture etc etc the list goes on... And of course the pyramids... That we still do not know 100% how they were built... Unless you bring in an understanding of anti gravity and the knowledge of how to counteract the mass of stone.. Could Edward Leedskalnin have understood it?

The stories in the bible have their origins in the Sumer and Babylon, who were the Sumerians other gods?

does it make more sense that Mary was artificialy inseminated by these aliens?

In the back of the qu'ran it says that Muhammed was carried to heaven by a winged creature.

Keep your mind open, there's a whole Universe of knowledge out there!

top topics

join