It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants : Let’s Try Something Different ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
again im still waiting on that evidence of other minority groups complaining about this so far its just Mexico raiseing a stink? can anyone provide any links to maybe just one other group besides them that has a problem with it if its so "racist" why aren't more minority groups protesting it? ive seen groups of legal immigrants complain AGAINST illegal immigration but where are all other protesters?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm going to say this because I know lots of Illegal immigrants. Houston is an unofficial sanctuary city. Most Illegals DO NOT want to be citizens, ASK THEM. They are here for money. They send it all home and when they have enough saved up at home they leave. They have retirement dreams, they want to build a nice house on some land they've had their eyes on for years... back in Mexico or Ecuador or Panama. These folks do not want to learn the English language and are offended if you don't know Spanish. These folks fly the Mexican flag off the back of their trucks on the 4th of July (saw it yesterday) These folks share my SSN# and I have to fight with the social security office to get it changed every year or so because we are both drawing off of it (I'm a disabled vet, apparently he's disabled as well or 65).

Now some do want to be here and eventually they take the track to naturalization ( I know several who have done this) They go out of their way to learn English, celebrate our national holidays and look forward to the day when they get to vote. They are the embodiment of the American spirit, a thirst for a better situation, assimilation and patriotism.

We aren't a nation of illegals as this wasn't an established nation (I'm so tired of this argument). Did we conquer it? Yes. We are a nation of immigrants and descendants of immigrants (my family has been here since the late 1600's). Every Nation on this PLANET is a nation of immigrants if we were to compare how they got there, even the natives. We are a Sovereign nation with defined borders and laws on how to cross, and how to immigrate, whats so hard to understand? You want to compare immigration to Mexico? If you are caught ILLEGALLY in Mexico, you are sentenced to 10 years in prison then deported, most times you are abused and murdered. Why are we expected to have lax immigration laws when NO ONE ELSE has them? You go to prison if you are caught illegally in Canada, you go to Prison if caught illegally in Germany, you go to prison if caught illegally in England... why are we, the United States expected to allow a massive influx of illegal immigrants? When we attempt to enforce our laws (mild in comparison... deportation) The world blasts us, including our own people.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join