It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants : Let’s Try Something Different ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Help them to stay after breaking the law? Really? NOT EVER!

Anyone who came here illegally, or over stayed here illegally MUST leave. As long as they didn't commit a crime while here, let them get in line FROM THEIR HOME NATION and come back the right way.

Here is my simple comprehensive 'immigration reform' :

Enforcement
Deport ALL illegal aliens who do not self deport.

End benefits
Deny ALL government services, benefits and aid to illegals: no public schooling, grants, welfare benefits, in-state tuitions, non-emergency medical care, etc

Anchor babies
Amend the constitutional definition of a citizen to:
persons born to two US citizens regardless of location, born to and claimed by one US citizen regardless of location, someone naturalized through the immigration process. A US citizen can not hold dual citizenship with any other nation. Citizenship cannot be gained or surrendered more than once. Citizenship of a natural born citizen cannot be removed.

Employers
20% of net worth or $250,000 fine (whichever is higher,) minimum 6 months up to 5 years in federal prison and permanent removal of any business licensing for businesses who knowingly hire illegal aliens. If the individual employer is a legal immigrant, removal of green card and immediate deportation upon release of prison sentence. This is a felony offence.

Border Security
Interim- Federal activation of state guard on the border, in open/rural federal areas, authorize lethal force. 24 hour surveillance drone use, increased This is an invasion.
Long term- full length physical barrier with electronic monitoring and patrols. Increased manpower and decreased operational restrictions.

Other
No more interior federal applications, documents, signage etc in other than English.
Temporary works visas limited to 2 years time frames, and can be reapplied for no more than 5 times. Permanent Resident green cards renewable only once.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
help them

help them ???
after stuff like this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I seriously doubt it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
*sigh*.

Of course I'm not talking about the illegal immigrants who are here blatantly breaking laws. They don't want help, they don't want to be here legally doing the right things.

You know what I meant by "helping them". Well maybe you didn't, but you do now.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is a "must read", all the way through !!!

1. If you migrate to this county, you must speak the native language

2. You have to be a professional or an investor. No unskilled workers
allowed.

3. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no
special ballots for elections, all government business will be
conducted
in our language.

4. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they
are here.

5 Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no
food
stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount
equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT
options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property.
That is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign
flag, no political organizing, no badmouthing our president or his
policies, if you do you will be sent home.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down
and sent straight to jail.

Harsh, you say? The above laws belong to the immigration laws of
MEXICO!

en.wikipedia.org...

I am a foreigner living in Mexico. If they had to jump through the kind of hoops that I do to be able to live here, there would be NO Mexicans in the US.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
In Miami I had a girlfriend from France for awhile. She had a PhD AND a law degree, came from a good family, learned to speak enough English to communicate ok in about two weeks, and became fluent in a couple of months, not to mention she was beautiful. So, yeah, eventually they deported her ass. I guess she was not seen as a productive member of society.

If she had been an AIDS infested Haitian or Cuban rafter, she would have gotten a free place to live, food stamps, etc. A wetback Mexican dirtball now gets the same treatment all over the US. Yeah, let's help them.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by seagull

Again why should anything be given to them? It's not our problem where they were born. If you want a better life then you should work for it. I don't believe anything should be given to someone. You want something you earn it. They want to come here and have everything handed to them and have an instant better life, well life doesn't work that way! The illegals I have living next to me use to cut my roses when they bloomed, throw beer in my yard say vulgar things to me in Spanish...the ones that lived above me where I had to share a garage and washer/dryer with well they destroyed my antique sewing machine in the garage. They had no respect for anyone around them. There were about 10 people living in a TWO bedroom apt. They littered the yard and woke me up every Sunday at 7am with their Mexican music blasting. So no sorry, I won't be trying to help these people stay.

I'm guessing most of you have never been to Mexico. There is a reason why as soon as you cross the border everything turns into a $##thole. This is how these vermin live. They do not understand the idea of "don't $##t in your own nest", they trash everything around them constantly, including their own areas. The litter alone is just insane.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

*sigh*.

Of course I'm not talking about the illegal immigrants who are here blatantly breaking laws. They don't want help, they don't want to be here legally doing the right things.

But didn't they blatantly break the law coming here in the first place? I don't "hate" illegal immigrants. I don't know I can really blame them, coming here without much repercussion if caught. Heck, there's plenty of cases where illegals commit crimes and are released right back out without being deported.

I think the biggest problem is the border. Even if we deported every illegal, most would be back in time. My idea would be to secure the border. Air tight, military/national guard/whatever. Then address the illegals in the country. Weed out those with criminal records, deport them, and blacklist them. Devise a process for those who are here, working hard, and contributing to become citizens. Then we can take a look at LEGAL immigration. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by seagull

Again why should anything be given to them? It's not our problem where they were born. If you want a better life then you should work for it. I don't believe anything should be given to someone. You want something you earn it. They want to come here and have everything handed to them and have an instant better life, well life doesn't work that way! The illegals I have living next to me use to cut my roses when they bloomed, throw beer in my yard say vulgar things to me in Spanish...the ones that lived above me where I had to share a garage and washer/dryer with well they destroyed my antique sewing machine in the garage. They had no respect for anyone around them. There were about 10 people living in a TWO bedroom apt. They littered the yard and woke me up every Sunday at 7am with their Mexican music blasting. So no sorry, I won't be trying to help these people stay.

I'm guessing most of you have never been to Mexico. There is a reason why as soon as you cross the border everything turns into a $##thole. This is how these vermin live. They do not understand the idea of "don't $##t in your own nest", they trash everything around them constantly, including their own areas. The litter alone is just insane.

Wow
Your not racist at all. And don't give me that crap about you not being a racist because you love Mexicans you just don't like them "breaking the law." Not when your using derogatory names to refer to an entire population. I've been to plenty of areas where white Americans live like how you describe and have never thought of them as subhuman. I always thought that they just ran into bad luck, like many of us humans do.

You know what, I've grown tired of some of you. Mostly of your hypocrisy. I would be more okay with someone who is outright racist than some of you who act that way and deny it. I'm seriously considering not ever returning to these current events forums because it has started to turn into the New Nation News forums. If you don't know what that is google it... some of you will feel right at home.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
Most of those illegal aliens shun our laws, disrespect our flag, and if they are ever in trouble just laugh it off and get deported and then sneak back over the border again, pure disrespect for this country and its laws.

I don't think this is true. Of course this is what you hear on the News, but you don't hear about the people and families who are doing a great job contributing to this country...

Of course I'm not talking about the illegal immigrants who are here blatantly breaking laws.

You do realize that to many here, that's all there is... don't you? They're ALL criminals and don't deserve the same chance that we were blessed to receive...

I like your idea of helping them to become a citizen. But the fact that they are here, looking for work to put food in their childrens' mouths, sort of makes it apparent that they're NOT going to be able to afford the time, effort and money that it takes to become a legal citizen. Many of these people are desperate. They risk their very lives to get here because they have nothing to lose. For many of these people to take the legal way to citizenship is like expecting me to buy a mansion and a yacht. It's just not going to happen.

I have and will continue to help them when I can. And I appreciate your thread. Even if it falls mostly on deaf ears.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In point of fact, I have been to Mexico, on several occasions. Some places are trashed, others (most in fact) are not. But don't let facts get in the way of your bigotry.

Illegal aliens are here. They aren't going to go away, barring a miracle turn around in the way the federal govt handles the issue... ...and you know the chances of that.

So...what to do. Making the best of the situation would seem to be the way to go. Offer them a chance to earn a legal citizenship.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

the first part of your post i have already felt to be true, myself.

but the second part is a very altruistic AMERICAN idea!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

it's an international border between a very poor country rife with poverty and desperation - not to be evil illegal immigrants but to get their families and themselves away from the battle zone.

i live 3 hours away from the Mexican border at Juarez. i feel for these people because i know them.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript
reply to post by Night Star

I'm going to go ahead and call BS on your entire post. I'm beginning to see a pattern in your posts. Why would an illegal not want help to become a citizen? That's just a load of crap.

I have helped illegal co-workers with their english. I have helped them study for their test to become legal. Now I must say that there were more illegals who had no desire to become legal than their were the ones who did.

I seriously don't believe you. But it's easy to make up stories on the interwebz to get one's point across.

Most of the women got here with stolen identities and false documents or anchor babies and proceeded to have a few more. They lied about the boyfriends who lived with them (and made good money) so it looked like they had one income instead of two. They got cheap housing, food stamps free medical...while many of our citzens make barely 3.00 over the poverty line and get denied help. these things I resent.

I resent you stating "most women" as if God himself handed you down these "facts." You also speak of them as if their sluts and their babies are objects. I consider the term "anchor baby" quite derogatory. It amazes me that someone that considers herself very charitable resorts to using stereotypes.

So many hispanics do not want to speak english. We now have many employers who require that you are bilingual to even get a factory job. No one in America should have to speak a foreign language to get a job in a friggin factory.

This is your opinion again. You don't show facts. But it would not hurt Americans to learn a second language. Why not? I consider it good education. Also so many Americans continue to write English with a lower case 'e.' We're not all perfect right?

So even though I have offered my help to those who needed and wanted it, bottom line is that we are living in different times. This is no longer the land of opportunity. Most of our jobs are out-sourced to other countries. With the increase of illegals came the lowering of wages, lost jobs for the American citizens who could not work for less than minimum wage. Many illegals get paid under the table, live with different families in the same apartment and receive free medical etc. They can afford to work for lower wages.

I've never understood how "illegals take advantage of the system and Americans who deserve it just go home and mope." I don't buy this at all. The truth is both illegals and American citizens take advantage of the system. And there are more citizens than illegals.

I have some Native American Indians in my ancestry, and the ones who were'nt indians, came here legally. Thing is, there aren't enough jobs anymore. We cannot afford to continue allowing so many immigrants.

This is the worst part of it all. "There aren't any more jobs, lets close up shop and move on." This defeatist mentality is whats hurting America.

It's not our job to help every poor soul on this planet.. it's not our job to police them, to protect anyone, to feed anyone or provide any kind of financial assistance. It's our job to look after ourselves. TAKE A LOOK AT OUR COUNTRY. We have cities riddled with poverty. High crime. A piss poor education system. A corrupt healthcare system. Why the bloody hell should we be wasting our resources helping every fool trying to run across our border when we can't even take care of ourselves? Put em all on a train, send em home. They don't deserve our country if they can't respect our laws. They don't deserve our help and charity while holding us in contempt. And the World sure as hell doesn't deserve the assistance of this country, we should withdraw ALL assistance to everyone, bring our troops home, close our bases, and tell the World to get on without us. Not our responsibility to nanny people, especially when we are not respected for our efforts to begin with.

Wait first you say that this country is basically shi* and then you say the rest of the world doesn't deserve this country? Which is it?

[edit on 6/28/2010 by 3vilscript]

First of all, unlike some people online, I don't make up stories nor do I lie.
Why would an illegal not want help? Many of them have told me that once they make enough money, they will return to their own countries. They state that it is easy to 'get things' in America. Some live with many people to one apartment saving a fortune in rent, free medical, some get cheap housing etc. It is easy for them to save and because our money is worth so much more than theirs, they are able to live quite nicely when they return home.

You said: "I resent you stating "most women" as if God himself handed you down these "facts." You also speak of them as if their sluts and their babies are objects. I consider the term "anchor baby" quite derogatory. It amazes me that someone that considers herself very charitable resorts to using stereotypes." I was reffering to the ones I know personally. It is no fault of the child that their parents decided to have them here on American soil to cut the head of the line of all those who have waited and came here properly with background checks.

You said: "This is your opinion again. You don't show facts. But it would not hurt Americans to learn a second language. Why not? I consider it good education. Also so many Americans continue to write English with a lower case 'e.' We're not all perfect right?

It is my opinion and that of countless other American citizens. I know many immigrants and they speak the language of their countries as well as English and I admire them for it It would be amazingly wonderful to learn the language of all these other countries. Why be forced to learn Spanish? Hell, I took up French in school, learned many words and some sentences but to be able to converse...well, I was extremely limited. I am one of many who have a hard time retaining things. Learning another language may be easy to others, but it isn't for me. Where I worked, I made an effort to learn greetings and as many words as I could wether it was spanish, french, whatever language the Africans or Asians spoke etc. When we were all together it was the English language that tied us all together. You want facts, but I didn't exactly take videos to document my experience with illegals.

You said: "This is the worst part of it all. "There aren't any more jobs, lets close up shop and move on." This defeatist mentality is whats hurting America."

Um... millions of unemployed citizens, millions of illegal immigrants. There would be plenty of jobs if it wern't for so many people in competition to apply.

Jesus, you made an entire paragraph quoting me as the author: "It's not our job to help every poor soul on this planet.. it's not our job to police them, to protect anyone, to feed anyone or provide any kind of financial assistance. It's our job to look after ourselves. TAKE A LOOK AT OUR COUNTRY. We have cities riddled with poverty. High crime. A piss poor education system. A corrupt healthcare system. Why the bloody hell should we be wasting our resources helping every fool trying to run across our border when we can't even take care of ourselves? Put em all on a train, send em home. They don't deserve our country if they can't respect our laws. They don't deserve our help and charity while holding us in contempt. And the World sure as hell doesn't deserve the assistance of this country, we should withdraw ALL assistance to everyone, bring our troops home, close our bases, and tell the World to get on without us. Not our responsibility to nanny people, especially when we are not respected....." None of those words are mine.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I must admit upon first reading the thread, I was cringing on the inside and figured I'd simply move along instead of saying anything unkind. However, after reading it again the next day and understanding it a bit better, I actually agree.

My father did this back in the 90's- he helped a couple families of illegals gain citizenship and personally helped them enroll in English courses. While they were going through all the processes to citizenship, one of his disgruntled ex employees called INS and had one of the fathers of the families erroneously deported.

My father supported the remaining wife and children while working out the deportation error with the state. The ex employee who filed the initial report thought the man was still illegal and didn't know my father had been helping him get his papers. I was only around 13 at the time so I don't remember it all but he was known to try to help.

Also, my grandfather was a pastor and in the 70's he helped persecuted Eastern Christians obtain asylum in the States.

So sure- if you have the means, desire, and time, I would fully support individual citizens helping out individual families. If that is your 'charity cause' then I say go for it. Don't let anyone criticize you for it.

The reason I can support this is because it is the individual taking on the responsibility of their own volition. Some choose animal shelters, some choose abused or sick children, some choose the homeless as their cause. So if someone wants to 'adopt an illegal' on the path to citizenship, that is their choice and I'm not going to interfere with their decision, time, and money.

The only thing I have an issue with is the forced support via tax dollars to take from the legal working citizens and giving to the illegal non citizen via social programs. That pisses me off. It's taking from the ants to give to the grasshopper, in my opinion, and is not right.

On a side note, the concept in the OP could include one problematic angle that would change my opinion from support to dissent: What about the incidents where an 'anchor' family member brings over literally dozens of children, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, siblings, etc.

I would consider that abuse of the charity system. And, of course, they would need to actually be productive- not leeches.

But other than that, what someone wants to focus their charity on is their own business. As long as it is not funded via citizen tax dollars and as long as they contribute once here and do not leech onto social services.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I didn't say those words were yours nor do I quote YOU as the author. I quoted another poster but I didn't say it was you. I just forgot to put in the posters name. But it does not say you posted it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
there is no such thing as mexicans being minorities , it absolute lie to the highest degree, how can 106,350,434 mexicans in mexico as off 2008 be in any way a minority at all after they leave mexico and seein they can still move back to mexico , take money out off america and get in all there famillies, mexicans have been screwin america for years and there gonna keep screwin you guys until you tell them to get out america, which is never gonna happen ever

mexicans are in high place within american society

mexicans are the new irish lolol

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think that the main problem with immigration is that the Global banking Cartels can't afford the loss of all of the drug money being laundered from the united states back to Latin America.

I would imagine that "Closing" the border would be... Bad for Business.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
umm correct me if im wrong but ive tried to follow this since it started and i as of yet have yet to hear any one OTHER then illegal mexican immigrants (tryed to find a pc way to phrase this but i wasted 6 minutes of my life thinking)complaning if its so racist why are the koreans silent why are the other Hispanic immigrants from soulth america not complaing why arent the African immigrants complaning why arent the chinese vietnamese complaning hell if there are illegal immigrants from Canada why arent they complaining why is it only one group from one country complaing if its realy so racist why are the rest of them silent they dont seem to have a problem following the rules or atleast keeping a far lower profile then the other immigrants just wondering have there been any other protests from any other group? legal or other wise? cuz ive heard of blacks hispanics Vietnamese and Korean groups that support this
ILLEGAL IS NOT A RACE there for it cant be racist it seems like there trying to get special treatment from all of those that came here legaly what makes them special? there country Mexico is in strife trouble and corrupt show me one place thats not that corrupt dangerous or unsafe what makes the mexicans above the world there are war zones in Africa and Asia that im sure people would LOVE to escape from what makes a Mexican worth more then any other race answer me that? just my two cents call me a racist all you want im half mexican so by all means try to offend me least im here legaly so i have no problem provideing papers if asked i gotta do it for beer smokes if a cop asks me if i wanna gamble rent a car or travel by air we been showing id for years

[edit on 30-6-2010 by KilrathiLG]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

For the record, I didn't state Illegal Mexican immigrants, I meant this towards any foriegner in this country who wants help and to become a legal resident.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

There is a reason why legal immigration into this country is so difficult

Yes there is. The reason is to keep out the poor.

This thread is filled with inaccuracies, not that that is anything new.

Anchor babies DO NOT grant ANYONE citizenship. How do I know? I spent 20 years waiting for my anchor baby brothers to turn 21 so they could sponser me.

It takes CASH and lots of it to start the process of legalization. How do I know? I spent thousands trying to fix my status.

Rich people and movies stars are welcome to immigrate. How do I know?
Per the US government

I lived as an illegal alien for 25 years.
I was never on welfare. ( illegal aliens DO NOT QUALIFY, and even if they did the last thing they want is to register their status with governmnet agencies)
I paid taxes. Sales tax, income tax, car tax, you name it I paid it. Because people that don't pay taxes might get found out! I have a valid SS card, in my name ( yes, my parents lied when they got it for me when I was 4, they said I was born in North Carolina)

I had all the advantages. I had money, could speak fluent english, and had lived in America, as an American, for 25 years and the mountain I had to climb to become legal was too high for me.

How high is that mountain for an illegal from Mexico? From the amount of people you have sneaking over the border I'd say too high.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join