It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total says it has halted petrol sales to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Total says it has halted petrol sales to Iran

www.google.com

PARIS — French oil group Total said Monday it had halted shipments of oil products to Iran following adoption by the United States of economic sanctions against Tehran.

"We have suspended our sales of petrol (gasoline) and refined products to Iran," a company spokesman said, confirming an earlier report in the Financial Times.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't think this will make one bit of difference to Iran. It will only make them more determined to "destroy the western world". I think that this is just one of the first steps in a whole lot of bulls*^t that will not matter to Iran. The U.S. and Israel will probably attack Iran within the next month. Hopefully the U.S. will decide to stay out of another war, but it is highly unlikely.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I hate this world. They are all as bad as each other and need their heads banging together.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't know next the will stop selling ice cubes to the escimos

Nice to see that a lot of ship workers around the world hare refusing to unload goods from Iserail regardlses of what the zionist controlled goverments say.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Or the iranians could decide to turn their attention to building more refineries to make gasoline out of their own oil instead of enriching uranium ...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A french company victim of american madness. Sad.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is a big deal as Iran has loads of oil but zero refining capability. One way to really put the hurt on a country is to put sanctions on fuel.

This will not end well.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
This is a big deal as Iran has loads of oil but zero refining capability. One way to really put the hurt on a country is to put sanctions on fuel.

This will not end well.

And as I mentioned, imagine if the iranians put as much of their national resources, will and effort into building a few refineries. They could ultimately have their cake and eat it too when nobody could blackmail them over gasoline - and THEN they could do what they wanted ...

Sort of like what could the U.S. do with trillions of dollars not spent on iraq? Would a trillion dollars have made fusion power a reality already (with no dependence on foreign oil)?

[edit on 6/28/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Geez!!

IF only the U.S. had spent all the money on renewable energy instead of the war in Iraq. We might not have the disaster in the GOM right now.

Wishful thinking, but it's nice to dream sometimes

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

they have every right to enrich uranium as they are a signatory to the NNPT.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Punishing the civilian population (especially the younger population -- who already disapprove of their government) with sanctions is not going to accomplish anything in regards to slowing Iran's nuclear ambitions, and anyone that actually thinks it will is living in a fantasy. It's only going to breed more anti-western hatred with the younger generations. But what do you expect when you have a bunch of mental midgets running the governments of the world?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
I hate this world. They are all as bad as each other and need their heads banging together.

You are free to leave it anytime you so desire.
Other wise, stop whining and do something, or in leiu of that just stay out of the way of those who are trying to do something.

top topics

join