It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ready to resume nuclear talks in August, president says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Iran ready to resume nuclear talks in August, president says

news.blogs.cnn.com

Iran is prepared to resume talks over its nuclear program but will wait until late August as punishment for recently imposed U.N. sanctions, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Monday.

The outcome of the talks will depend on whether Western powers hold Israel to the same standards over its nuclear program, Ahmadinejad said at a news conference.

Iran has disavowed any intentions of developing nuclear weapons and says its program is for peaceful purposes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It looks like there are no talks on the Nuclear Power Plant until it's finished, as it's scheduled to be up and running in late August. This should make late August pretty interesting.. so interesting that I'd bet money at the first opportunity that something will happen in late August.
Well, unless they do something before late August, then it will get interesting sooner.

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think the benefit of the doubt should be given and we wait. I also agree with the bit about Israel. If WWIII starts now because someone wants to push it just because of principals there will be no turning back. Because of what is now going on financially, environmentally and politically it would be a huge mistake for the United States to start something by proxy or otherwise. Many, many of us are completely fed up with war mongering, doom and gloom, and end of the world scenarios and are pretty much ready to withdraw any and all support of anyone who wants to push those agendas.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Smart political move on his part.

Give time for his energy sector to be up and running and then don't cooperate unless the clearly biased UN makes every other nation be held to the same standards.

It's what I would do.

~Keeper

top topics

join