It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think the feds are taking your guns? Think again! This just in!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

i am actually pretty sure (atleast in florida) you don't need any special permits for fully automatic weapons. its more of a bluff than anything, since people think there is a big hassle with getting full auto guns, they just settle with an ar-15 or some other semi-auto quasi-military firearm.

I'd have to look into exactly what the laws are in given states regarding the ownership of fully automatic weapons, but there is a lot of variation from state to state. Personally I don't see much use to the AR-15 as it stands, it's not too useful as a hunting rifle, the 5.56 round is made for anti-personnel actions and not that great against a deer, but the .223 is quite nice for sporting, although I find an assault rife setup to be far from ideal for hunting. As for defense, there are better weapons that are far easier to obtain especially tactical handguns and if range is required an Enfield beats an AR-15 hands down.

There are a lot of myths regarding what an American citizen would need for defending themselves from their government, principal among these that it will end up in an infantry battle that the citizen can win. This is simply not the case, and it really does not matter what kind of gun the citizen can buy because any government action will simply escalate the level of firepower they can bring against the individual or group to an overwhelming level. You could fight off a few soldiers with your AR-15 but it's going to be as useful as a pea-shooter against a Predator drone.

It is exactly for this reason that any uprising in the United States needs to be popular, and in so far as that is very unlikely in my view to be nearly as bloody as many "militia" members think it will be. They are preparing for a battle they cannot win.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Data_Corrupt
Reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Gun possesion should be treated like every other commodity, regulated. Required training classes, psychological examination, definite regulation on storage (like all guns must be stored with a special lock to prevent misuse)

and to be patriotic, since government corrupt or not, we still face the same enemies, a paper signing your duties as an armed militia in a time of war in case of an invasion (sounds commy I know, but if people want to wave guns around id feel safer knowing that they declared the intruders the enemies and not just for personal safety so they can go around looting and raise anarchy,

because like it or not, illegal immigrants, gays, minorities, gov'ment, rich, poor etc,, we are all on the same team in the long run, and at least the way things are now, its better than anything other countries have to offer. And we have to learn to defend ourselves together first, work out our differences later

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

that would be ok, if it is a blanket regulation. you get a simple card that can only be revoked if you commit a serious violent crime, or it can be proven that the individual is no longer sane. i disagree about the lock. i've read too many stories where people were raped and killed because of a gunlock.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
What are your guys opinions on this?

Works for me, man! Thanks for posting this. Great to hear some news that isn't about restricting our Constitutional rights for a change.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
World War 2; The Japanese would not invade the American mainland for their would be a armed citizen behind every blade of grass.
The right is inalienable. not to be infringed. For their even to be a debate that reaches the Supreme Court is a violation of the right.
God, Family, Country, Smith and Wesson. Live free, Love unconditionally, Protect your own.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why would they take away your guns? They want you to have them so they have an excuse to kill you when the time is right.

Do not attempt to fight fire with fire. Love your enemy. This is the one thing that TPTB hate more than anything.

Remember to love all unconditionally, including those who perceive you as their enemy. Its easy to love the one's that you already know and accept, who wouldn't? The key is to love everyone despite their ignorance and violence.

Namaste and love

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

i like the ar-15 for home defense, or for killing pests around a farm, and its tactical enough to be useful if everything started going downhill, but that is neither here nor there. being paranoid isn't illegal.

yes, we would be pretty screwed if the military started rolling out the big guns, but i'm counting on a large portion to say "no, i will not kill my fellow americans" and possibly join in.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
while I am totally FOR gun ownership
I think we may be celebrating a lil too
early with the champagne.

What good is a gun gonna do you
if you can't breathe or eat or drink
from toxic rain, famine and tainted
water supplies???? Why fight the
populace with guns when they can
win by other means???

Some can't see the forest for the trees.

I really don't think the next revolution will
be using guns at all.

I believe the next revolution will be fought with information.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Maybe someone has already said this, but many of you seem a little gulible. I wouldn't get too relaxed about my second amendment rights just yet. I'm sure that there is an agenda here. Why not get the NRA and other lobby groups to back down a little? Why not ease up on the drive to band weapons and get the people to relax a while? ....And just when they think it is safe to go back in the water, bring a false flag event into play and take all there guns. Then they could say; hey, we tried and we were going to let you guys have your guns, then this happened. Sorry, if we catch you with one now, you'll have to go to the Gulag....er...I mean jail

Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

Maybe someone has already said this, but many of you seem a little gulible. I wouldn't get too relaxed about my second amendment rights just yet. I'm sure that there is an agenda here. Why not get the NRA and other lobby groups to back down a little? Why not ease up on the drive to band weapons and get the people to relax a while? ....And just when they think it is safe to go back in the water, bring a false flag event into play and take all there guns. Then they could say; hey, we tried and we were going to let you guys have your guns, then this happened. Sorry, if we catch you with one now, you'll have to go to the Gulag....er...I mean jail

Seeashrink

Why does everything the government does have to be an evil plot? Is there some rationale for this, because it's sounding like paranoia to me?

When you start to believe that absolutely everything has become a plot, you discount any notion of dissent or even confusion among the government. You also begin to take away any notion of personal responsibility here, and that's where I believe this becomes dangerous. If things can be excused by the "conspiracy" then it gives license to individuals for immoral acts. And that is evil.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

XxRagingxPandaxX[edit on 28-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

My opinion is the constitution is a stale piece of paper and should be abolished and all guns should be banned without exception. Strict license control should be enforced if any gun is issued for self protection which also includes background check and reason the person supplied for requesting gun.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by apocalypsesound

You know I was not paying attention to your creation date for this account you are using. Since it was today and you are coming on and attacking the second amendment win in Chicago you are likely just a troll that is not happy with the advance of liberty even in this small win. I should not have even engaged you in this discussion. If someone comes on and creates an account to attack our tiny civil liberty wins it should be obvious to those who have been here for a while to realize this and let it go. My bad.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

Are you serious? What country are you from> It can not be the USA. We have more educated upbringing than this. This thread is becoming a statist troll haven it seems.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think that the Fed exercising power over the states with regards to guns is a worry - on the other hand they are upholding the constitution - I just hope that it is not an excuse to overule states on gun ownership in future.

With regard to assault rifles and military style weapons - I think every citizen should not only own such a weapon, but be well trained in its use. Also every 10th person should be armed with a anti aircraft launcher, or anti tank launcher provided free by the state.

Then no one would ever invade, and no govt would dare oppress the citizens.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am completely against assault gun ownership.

I am completely against any heavy caliber weapon ownership.

i am completely against explosive ordinance ownership.

What are my reasons? Well..

Let me tell you!

1. Any decent 'assault" weapon is fully automatic. Have you seen the ammo prices lately? I reload and I couldnt afford to feed one of these babies!

Well, maybe a FN minimi. 223 is kinda cheap to feed....relatively.

2. Heavy cal weapons? See number 1.

3. Explosive ordinance? Cant reload that AT ALL! see 1 and 2.

If I cant afford a neat toy, nobody else should either!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION

XxRagingxPandaxX[edit on 28-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

My opinion is the constitution is a stale piece of paper and should be abolished and all guns should be banned without exception. Strict license control should be enforced if any gun is issued for self protection which also includes background check and reason the person supplied for requesting gun.

People that dont like our "stale paper" should be banned. If you dont want a gun for religious purposes, hey. Thats cool. Dont get one. Be a Quaker. Go to England.

DONT step on my rights. Your rights end where mine start buddy. Regardless, if the shiznit goes down, you can hide behind me. I'll hand you an extra.

Liberal + recieved assault = new conservative gun owner.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate

Works for me, man! Thanks for posting this. Great to hear some news that isn't about restricting our Constitutional rights for a change.

TheAssoc.

Thats a sweeeeeet pistol in that mans hand. A model 1903 colt pocket model. These little beauties were the epitomy of art deco in pistol form. Beautiful curves. Sweet grip angle. Sights are near non existent but no problem for their job.

They are a bear to strip down to frame level. TOTALLY not like the 1911.

I could have picked one up a few years ago for about 2 C notes.

I didnt have 200 bucks.

That guy is familiar. Its too old to be Hunter Thompson. Too young to be J M Browning. Who is that cat?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION

Congrats for the most retarded post I have ever read on ATS.

When the government comes a calling for you, dont forget to bend over and tell them you like it rough.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
Just thought I'd throw this out:

Believe me, any weapon pointed at you with intent to do you harm is definitely an assault weapon - including or an axe, tire iron, or a rock.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by mydarkpassenger]

See how logic looks when written down?
Beautiful !
And so very true.
The auto / semiauto debate is one of my favorites.
Either gun in the right hands does the job.
I'm a lead conservative myself so 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well said. But, I don't trust the government. I've lived long enough and I've seen too much to trust them at all.
This is a conspiracy site. Use to I couldn't even spell conspiracist (is that a word?)....now I are one..lol.

Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

Man, I hope you are just joking around here. If not, and you are in America, you are in the wrong frickin country.
Seeashrink

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join