It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond a Yolk:EU may consign "a dozen" eggs to history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ok so I grudgingly went from pounds to ounces , I put up with the petty rules and directives handed down by the faceless bureaucrats , but they can keep their hands of my Dozen eggs .
News comes today that MEPs want us to sell eggs by weight rather than by number .

Efforts to standardise food labels across the 27-nation EU have gained momentum with new draft legislation going through the European Parliament. MEPs backed labels indicating weight or volume, but rejected labels that just show the number of items in a pack.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This will make my chickens very happy.

The internal squabbling, finally, will be put to an end.

'My eggs bigger but you get paid the same!'

'Bwaaak bwaaak bwak!' It never ends I tell ya...

Thank goodness someone finally got it right.

Peace in the hen house! Wooohooo!

peace

[edit on 28-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We'll see wether Cameron is the wet rag I think he is going to be where the EU is concernd on this and the other things coming through the pipelines from the EU.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is a complete steaming pile of words that I cannot use on ATS quite frankly...
The process of deciding this godforsaken 6 egg rule has probably already cost a few hundred thousand UK pounds of your taxes.
This utter crap is what they actually spend money on...OUR money.

There is child poverty,mass starvation,war and the threat of the apocalypse,water shortages,global sperm count reduction,mass chemical pollution,the gulf oil spill and many others,species going extinct at the fastest rate ever observed by humans,but hey,our Euro MPs are getting fat on foie gras in 5 star hotels and debating how many bloody chicken eggs can be put in one box.

Something is very wrong here I think.
Very,very wrong.

[edit on 28/6/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ah good old european politics.

Robin Williams was definitely on to something with "Politics: 'Poli' a Latin word meaning 'many'; and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.”

new topics

top topics

join