It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Court's Big Ruling For Gun Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

High Court's Big Ruling For Gun Rights

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com

In its second major ruling on gun rights in three years, the Supreme Court Monday extended the federally protected right to keep and bear arms to all 50 states. The decision will be hailed by gun rights advocates and comes over the opposition of gun control groups, the city of Chicago and four justices.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote for the five justice majority saying "the right to keep and bear arms must be regarded as a substantive guarantee, not a prohibition that could be ignored so long as the States legislated in an evenhanded manner."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm really glad that we still have our gun rights. If Chicago wants to ban handguns then go ahead but don't try to force it on other people. When will people learn that it doesn't matter if you ban gun, people will still get guns. It would be another item that the cartels make a load of money off of.

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well kiss my southern grits. I sure never expected this to happen.

I am an endowment member of NRA and from letters I've been receiving from them begging for large amounts of money I thought our gun rights were in extreme danger.

Thanks OP for letting us know what is happening.

This makes it a good day for target practice.

YeeeeHaw

Star and flag for you my friend.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
dbl post, sorry!

[edit on 28-6-2010 by mooseinhisglory]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
not too surprising to me. ive never understood why gun-rights activists actually fear the government would majorly restrict or revoke the second amendment. seems a little paranoid to me. especially in a country with an extremely patriotic populace thats armed to the teeth. its as if they dont realize that TPTB know they would be getting themselves into a fight. a rebellion, really.
rest easy, guns are here to stay. your right to reciprocate deadly force will be intact until we all kill eachother!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This ruling does not mean an end to gun ban advocates making it extremely hard to obtain a firearm or limit where they may be legally carried. Here's two quotes from the opposite sides of this issue.

Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, said his politically powerful group "will continue to work at every level to insure that defiant city councils and cynical politicians do not transform this constitutional victory into a practical defeat through Byzantine regulations and restrictions."

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, an ardent proponent of gun control, said the ruling allows cities "to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists while at the same time respecting the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens."

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is good news!

Hopefully the good people of Chicago will be able to defend themselves in their own homes once again. All gun bans do is keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. The criminals will always be able to obtain guns no matter how many gun control laws or restrictions they have in place.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

I am happy, too about the gun law good news, but will not be surprised if something in the future gives reason to take that away. Remember, when you buy a gun, you are registered,,,,they then have names of everyone who has guns, and some stupid law may be put into effect to go after all the "listed terrorists" aka gun owners.

dont get too happy, just be glad for the time being.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

I doubt that we will , Daley's already been planning a way to get around the ruling if it went against him.......

newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...

He has it exactly how he wants it here. The criminals running around like idiots playing shoot em up, and the law abiding citizens in fear of their lives dependant on the police force that just can't keep up.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If Chicago wants to ban handguns then go ahead but don't try to force it on other people.

I'm a bit confused by that statement, did I miss something ?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

If Chicago wants to ban handguns then go ahead but don't try to force it on other people.

I'm a bit confused by that statement, did I miss something ?

I type too fast at times lol

new topics

top topics

join