It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jindal blocks opening of records from oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Jindal blocks opening of records from oil spill

Gov. Bobby Jindal's decision to veto legislation calling for transparency in the state's dealing with the Gulf of Mexico oil spill is "the height of hypocrisy," says Sen. Robert Adley.

Well he had to have a reason right?

Adley said of Jindal's veto message: "His excuse that it might allow BP to get off on what the record shows is ridiculous. How in the world would allowing our records to be public give BP an advantage?"

Good question!!!

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The powers to be are far greater.............Jindal is a good man.........But all men have a price.........and manytimes it comes as a threat to ones family.........

This has been played out for over 50 years at the top level of our government.........

This gulf event is "BIG".........The Truth??? The White House / BP and those elites / bankers do not want you to know the truth about anything........

So as far as Jindal?? He may not have a choice in his decesions...........

This will be something to monitor......

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Again blatant in-your-face proof that our federal government and state government are for hire to the highest bidder.

I don't know which is worse - The governors of these states begging to continue offshore drilling with the same business as usual, or them begging tourists to come spend their money there.

Not one has the guts to stand up and expose the dog and pony show clean up effort. Neither do they have the guts to say "People, we think it's safe, but the fact is we don't have the information on benzene/methane levels in the air at the moment and have no real way to monitor these levels in real time. Please for your own health, take your vacations elsewhere. No amount of economic impact is worth the possibility of your harm being on my conscience."

All we see here is more bureaucracy covering their butts. Business as usual.

Cloudsinthesky - Anyone who is threatened in Jindals position would only have to reveal the threat in a press conference, preferably a live one. Exposing threats of that nature are far safer than going along with them. Keep your silence and you'll find yourself considered a loose end down the road.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by PayMeh]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This sounds like typical Government BS! Hide the truth.
My question is... What is he trying to hide from us?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Actually reading the full article provides a better understanding with regards his reasoning for doing so.

I mean, giving BP full access to All state/agency records would seem akin to giving the other team your playbook and thinking it won't have an impact on the outcome of the game.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Jindal is a good man....

Jindal's a good ACTOR........big difference. He was just putting on a show for the cameras. He knew he wasn't going to do anything, and he knew BP wasn't going to do anything. It was all cotton candy fluff.

It's all about posturing for future higher office with these people.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Yes, but I just don't understand how it would jeopardize legal trials. I mean, BP is ultimately responsible, in the feds and states eyes and also by their own admission. The only thing I can think of would be BP claiming that La. obstructed clean up efforts. I mean, that to me is a moot point since even that would not allow BP off the hook for any liability. Anything short of records showing that Jindal strapped on a wetsuit and personally blew the rig just isn't viable ammo for BP lawyers. Can you help us understand?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

I was thinking more along the lines that by doing so it may allow them to fashion or craft, if you will, some sort of defense ... or at least attempt to minimize their legal liability.

Like showing your opponent all your cards ... thereby allowing them to alter their strategy accordingly. (?)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

I think it has more to do along the lines of not creating public panic, because,as was posted before, when you are being sued, you have every right to info that can be used against you.

BP will get it, the public will not.

It seems like a face saving move by Jindal's part towards corporate America. To prove he can play ball. Political posturing, if you will. The tough talk is just a bold faced lie to placate the masses. You can basically term it damage control. Jindal is merely earning his future paycheck, while keeping the masses in check.

My opinion is that they need to pass legislation to punish this kind of situation. They can do anything when they make the laws. If you have the money, it can all be taken away, unless you are at the top and you dictate the rules, ie legislation.

Most states are in their legislative session right now. All gulf states should consider BP and Halliburton and TransOcean a literal cashcow right now. There definitely will be repercussions,yet the systemic outrage should be able to overcome that.

Government is not about transparency. They make it difficult to discover information. When you have a vested interest, which all residents do, you have every single right to that info. But, making it hard to get that info discourages most people from discovering the truth. Which they obviously want to hide.

Its sad that Jindal is literally saving the average person from knowing whether or not they have any rights vs. BP. I think thats what it boils down to. LA gov doing exactly the opposite of what he says. Shocking? Not anymore.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It is not hard to look into a man's face and know if he is healthy and wise, yet we can often attribute those traits to our diets of sugars and additives or our exposures. I dare say that, coupled with, a man's Actions will speak volumes and reveal the true nature of the man.

Jindal can only mean what it phonetically sounds like, Gjinn and dal, the prefix being the Genie the Demon, the suffix dal meaning "of the". Between this is the man, trapped by the makings of his own position and his own "Administrations".

So sad really but I am not surprised. I had once heard that if we look through honesty and act with honesty that the truth would be revealed to us. Isn't it amazing that it also works in reverse, we see them now, working their "good" for goodness sake!

I do not discredit Jindal's beliefs. I am sure he feels he is doing what is best for everyone he owes. Bless his heart! To be in such companies one must be Blessed!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I think you make some good points there...

I hope that's the intent

new topics

top topics

join