It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noriega Goes to Trial in France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Noriega Goes to Trial in France

www.newsmaxworld.com

PARIS -- Former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega embarks on a new legal battle Monday when he goes to trial in Paris, accused of using French bank accounts to launder kickbacks from a Colombian coc aine cartel in the late 1980s.

After finishing up a 20-year sentence in the United States for drug racketeering and money laundering, Noriega was extradited to Paris in late April to face accusations that he tried to hide drug money in France.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Noriega has maintained that he fought against drug trafficking and that the money came from other sources, including payments from the CIA. He had been considered a valued CIA asset for years before he joined forces with drug traffickers and was implicated in the death of a political opponent.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I suspect that the CIA was in collusion with Gen. Noriega, which is why he was treated so well in the US prison system, given his own living quarters and allowing him to wear his military uniform. I believe that he made a deal with the government to keep his mouth shut if the government would ensure that he was a POW and not a criminal.

France is not allowing him the same perks. Could some damning information about the CIA and US government involving the drug-trade come out? I guess we'll have to wait and see though I wouldn't be surprised if he "passes away" before his trial.

--airspoon

www.newsmaxworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
They gotta keep this guy inside for the rest of his days. I'm sure he has a lot to tell that could be a little damaging to the US and a few other states.

To be honest, I'm surprised he hasn't been offed yet.

join