It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Bible mention E.T's?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Just a curious pondering on this fine Monday morning.

We are often reminded that God apparently made the heavens and the earth. I just wondered if that includes the whole universe too?

I just thought that if God made everything, surely that would include the other planets right across the universe. That should also include alien life, or the ET's that we are constantly on the look out for.

Does other forms of life like ours ever get a mention in the bible, or is that part ignored?

Whatever the answer, it won't change my mind that there maybe at least something out there, but i was interested in what those who studied the bible more closely tought.

Thanks,

CX.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yes, the Bible is full of Ets - God, Jesus, the Saints, Angels, and that cast-down angel, Satan.

They are all not of this world - and Satan may rule this world for now, but it won't last.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

If you are really interested in this topic...
...a great primer is the God, Man and ET conference.

www.amazon.com...

Review of presenters...
Dave Flynn - "The Mars/Earth Connection: Cydonia in Ancient Science and Mythology." Dave Flynn, well-known mythologist in the Christian community, and expert on Cydonia / Mars anomalies and Biblical teachings, occult mythology, and zodiacal and processional phenomena.

Dr. Michael S. Heiser - "No Room at the Inn? Can the Judeo - Christian Worldview Accommodate an Intelligent ET Reality?" Mike Heiser, Ph.D., received his degree for the University of Wisconsin, has taught biblical studies/theology and does translation work in a dozen middle-eastern languages. Author of the "The Facade", a novelization of UFOs, ET the Paranormal and The Bible Code Myth.

Richard C. Hoagland - "The Gods of Cydonia: the Case for Ancient Artificial Structures in the Solar System" Richard C. Hoagland - Former CBS Science Advisor for Walter Cronkite, and a former NASA consultant to the Goddard Space Flight Center, is Founder and Principal Investigator of The Enterprise Mission.

Dr. Hugh Ross - "Does ET Have a Home? The Probability for Life's Existence Elsewhere in the Universe." Dr. Ross received his degree from Cal Tech and is a leading figure in the Intelligent Design movement and has authored several books.

Dr. Paul Nelson - "If ET Called, How Would We Know It?" Dr. Nelson received his Ph.D. from the University of Chicago in Philosophy.

I have listen to an audio version of this and highly recommend it

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The angels mentioned in the bible are E.T.s. I recommend you read "Chariots Of The Gods" if you haven't yet. Or you could go to Youtube and and watch "Ancient Aliens", but that barely touches on the subject compared to the Von Daniken series.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Ezekiel's wheel, Moses' burning bush, the pillar of smoke/clouds in Exodus, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Gabriel's apparition to Mary, and the ascension of Elijah are all examples of contact.

Paul's conversion may qualify. For more modern religious connections, Fatima stands out, and Constantine's cross in the sky.

jw

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

chariots of the gods
www.youtube.com...

Ancient Aliens
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Read the book of genesis and you will see that it does.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

"Does The Bible mention E.T's?"
No.
"Just a curious pondering on this fine Monday morning.
We are often reminded that God apparently made the heavens and the earth. I just wondered if that includes the whole universe too?"
Yes
"I just thought that if God made everything, surely that would include the other planets right across the universe. That should also include alien life, or the ET's that we are constantly on the look out for. "
Definately
"Does other forms of life like ours ever get a mention in the bible, or is that part ignored? "

At the time of bible writing we didn't need to know about the goings on of other creations...
And we could be the first 'physical' sentient beings he has made, that would make us very special wouldn't it.
We could be the prototype's for all meatbags..it could be our purpose to grow and fill this universe, once we are mature enough.

For all the other drible about God being an alien already posted here:
Trying to use the bible to suggest that is ridiculous.
Those of you thinking 'visions' of things 'like a chariot' could be read as indicated maybe you could try read the whole bible, and see what it is saying, not what you want to see from a few excerpts. The pillar of smoke by day and fire by night...not spaceship....but a pillar of smoke by day and fire by night, a tool used by God to guide the isrealites.

There is a difference betwene spiritual beings and physical beings.
Heres where my reasoning comes from, some biblical examples of spirit beings not having physical bodys (which means they don't need spaceships)

Rebelious angels took physical body's and had relations with the women in Noahs day.
Jesus was relieved of his spiritual existence and was born into human form for us.
When angels interacted with Abraham and other ancient prophets they were "like a man" or had the form of a man, indicating that wasn't what they really were.

These are some good examples that spirit creatures like the angels and Jesus and his Father were not origianally flesh like us, but have the power to become such.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

This is a really good thread, can be quite hard to find at times.

I am assuming that you are asking if anyone can quote you a passage directly quoted form the bible that points the exiastance of ET. I done some research and the best i could find was this.
Ezekiel 1:3 The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him.

1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

1:5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

I am sure that there are some people on here that will find better references, also the book of Ezekiel is a Hebrew book however it is recognised by most dominations of Christianity.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

The pillar of smoke by day and fire by night...not spaceship....but a pillar of smoke by day and fire by night, a tool used by God to guide the isrealites.

DoubleDribble.

We have been visited, taught, hurt and guided by physical interventions that are not "miracles" but misunderstood visitations.

If you "definately" believe your God created other sentient life, this explanation is equally plausible as some magical "tool used by God."

jw

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Hmm!

The ancient alien astronaut theory is very interesting to me! I guess your thread would connect with that. As for alien's or UFO's in the bible, I am not sure! I think UFO's or Aliens certainly could be the cause of all the religions coming into being.

It is a bit of a frightening thought that the Aliens are making all of these strict rules! Some that I think are unnecessary. Unless, of course, the Aliens or UFO's never said a thing, and man made up the filler.

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Genesis

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Knowledge equals death ?

4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." 23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side [e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

This piece is the first that hints to ET ,imo.
Exodus

1 This is the written account of Adam's line.
When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. 2 He created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were created, he called them "man.

21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. 22 And after he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. 23 Altogether, Enoch lived 365 years. 24 Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

He took him away ?

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Why stop our plans come to play ? Why ?

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

Excuse me ?

3 "You shall have no other gods before [a] me.

4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

I've listed a few verses from genesis and exodus.

These could IMO be understand much clearly when God and his angels are ET's

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Here's some food for thought for you, if Jesus tried to give us great spiritual teachinigs, and the elite bloodlines new where it would lead to, so they killed the bloke off. some years later the same bloodlines bring a book about of his teachings and tell us its gods word! Are they to be trusted and taken at face value? Bearing in mind that its the same elite bloodlines that are in power today!

The majority of stories in the bible trace their origins to Sumer and Babylon. Who were the Sumerians gods?

Why are there UFO's in religious paintings?

Could Mary have been artificially inseminated by aliens?

Could Jesus have been trying to tell us about our true potential, how we're all capable of being like him, doing as he does etc.. Could it be because of our alien DNA??

Could our teachings have come from aliens, such as the Nommo

njoy.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Could Jesus have been quoting the old testament over and over again because he recognised it as the truth?

Could he have known they were true because of his prehuman existance?

And yes...it is a fact sumerian and babylonish teachings did creep into the dogma of popular christianity...triune godhead...immortality of the soul...worship of idols like the cross and Mary.

Of course, none of these would have been found in THE WAY that Jesus taught and walked, but niether would alot of the stuff mainstream religions put their parishoners through.

new topics

top topics

join