It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: US warships stationed off Iranian coast **NEW**

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Probably and lets hope not. Iran's been a sitting duck for as long as I've been following this. For a few reasons. the U.S. wants it bad.

The most likely thing that would happen, if Israel were to strike Iran, is that the U.S. would pull back and attempt to keep the Strait of Hormuz open while they the two I's duke it out, coming in afterward to keep the peace and rebuild. After Afghanistan and Iraq, the U.S. would be insane to strike Iran. Repeat after me...insane. The probability gets higher if Iran strikes the U.S. military or interests. That's where we watch for the false flag...something that might make it appear that Iran had.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I really hope that if this all kicks off, the British forces dont get involved as we have had enough casualties in Afghanistan.
Fed up of hearing everyday of another fallen soldier fighting an illegal war for oil or whatever else tptb want to get there dirty fingers on !!
Whats the chances of Brit forces getting involved ?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
War with Iran is just around the corner,I believe. We're just getting the pieces moved around in preparation. War with Iran would be a convienient war for the Gov't to pull out of Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

Wow thanks! I'll start saving. Good to hear they're accurate. Well...in a way.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Before you do that I'd recommend doing some reading. While I find them to be accurate, it is my opinion and of course everyone is entitled one.

George Friedman is the head of the group, and if you read a couple of his books you can get a good handle on what you would be purchasing. He published on last year called The Next 100 Years: A Forecast for the 21st Century. Its pretty good and has some interesting scenarios which could play out. One of the best things about this book is he outlines how they do things and try to make projections. Its worth getting from your local library or having it inter library loaned if you can get it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Is there anything we can do to protect ourselves from this in the UK?

I know we're far away from the Middle East but the UK could suffer badly from Petrol Prices (already $10 gallon) and maybe even Iran could do some sort of EMP attack on us?

How do we protect our electrical items such as Radios from EMP, is it worth stocking up on food / water?

Any advice would be good!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I really wouldn't worry much about it.

It looks to me like a normal relief deployment, with one carrier group replacing another. For a short time there will be an extra carrier group in the area, then things will be back to normal. However, if you see four carrier groups in the area, then you should be paying close attention.

No worries here.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Has anybody noticed that there is two large bodies of water between the Indian Ocean and the Strait of Hormuz. The Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Omen.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient_Fury
reply to post by warpcrafter

Had you ever taken the time to look at an actual map, you would have noticed that Iraq and Afghanistan are located on either side or Iran. Thus, negating any concern one might have about forces being spread to thin, as they are in fact situated to pop Iran like a giant zit.

It seems that surrounding Iran was their agenda from the start, but using Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan as dominoes for the ultimate purpose. Turkey has been a bit of a problem child to NATO as of late but we also got a number of bases in the 'Stan' provinces along with Azerbaijan.
The missile defense system they were putting up on the Russian border after the Georgian/Ossettia conflict was also as an intercept gate for Russian protection of Iran. How ironic it was that one of the missile system sponsors government is dead (Czech).
As one stands back in view of all the recent military/economic/ecological disasters and conflicts, it seems as though they have accelerated their pace many times fold. They must be in a hurry for something now

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Has anybody noticed that there is two large bodies of water between the Indian Ocean and the Strait of Hormuz. The Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Omen.

They're probably maintaining safe distance since Iran has proven medium range missiles.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Safe distance...true. But I believe Iran has some pretty decent-range capabilities and direct access to the Strait, which would be the major concern here.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Is there anything we can do to protect ourselves from this in the UK?

I know we're far away from the Middle East but the UK could suffer badly from Petrol Prices (already $10 gallon) and maybe even Iran could do some sort of EMP attack on us?

How do we protect our electrical items such as Radios from EMP, is it worth stocking up on food / water?

Any advice would be good!

In these days and times, it's always good planning to have some food and water stashed away. As far as protecting your electronics, I doubt anything will happen to them, but if it makes you feel safer, you can build a Faraday Cage to put them in. There are quite a few websites about them, and real cheap to make.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Safe distance...true. But I believe Iran has some pretty decent-range capabilities and direct access to the Strait, which would be the major concern here.

I agree with that. Iran doesn't have anything log range (far enough to hit Israel, as they say) but they have recieved a number of Russian missiles, and they have also built their own (the Shahab-3 MRBM ). The Straits of Hormuz will be a graveyard if ships try to go through, which I'm sure they're well aware of. I've personally been through the Straits on an aircraft carrier, and it's quite the ominous view (within RPG range from what I recall).

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If I were a US warship I'd be afraid of the Israeli warships out there attacking me with a flag of Iran on top of them just like the USS liberty incident. I bet you this is what is gonna happen. Israeli warships are going to attack the US carriers and Iran will get blamed.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
If I were a US warship I'd be afraid of the Israeli warships out there attacking me with a flag of Iran on top of them just like the USS liberty incident. I bet you this is what is gonna happen. Israeli warships are going to attack the US carriers and Iran will get blamed.

Sounds typical. The US military loves to posture and taunt. And flipping a false flag to get things going....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Well that was how we escalated Vietnam, sometimes the best tactics are the ones that are tried and proven to work.

Now that I said that...I feel dirty.

Something I thought though was that you'd actually have to look out for speedboats with people who look like Iranians. Heck if you looked hard enough you could probably find some Iranian exiles that would be willing to do something like that if they thought that it would take down the government in Iran and replace it with a "Democracy". Just look at all of the information we were getting from Iraqi exiles before the war started (not that it was at all accurate, but still...).

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I say, enough of the previews. Get on with the main attraction. However, if they do start it then they had better stomp the living crap out of them! Give them everything that we have. Create a huge parking lot! I tired of the US pussy footing around with wars. War is war. There is always collateral damage. It is war. I know this because I served for ten years in the Air Force.

All this talk and flexing muscles is starting to tick me off. Just get it over with. Damn the politics of it all. There is no place for politics in war. We know this because of how the other two wars have turned out. I am very frustrated about the Iran situation. We have been sitting back and letting them continue to spit in our face. By God, if someone spit in my face, I would stomp a mud hole in their butt and then walk it dry! Just my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster

Just remember who the agressor is when we reep what we sow.

Yes, let's remember.

It certainly is not me.
I will only be aggressive when you infringe on my liberty and freedom. Then i can tend to be kind of scary.

RE: the OP...there is a simple solution. America has to remember. Don't let the smoke and mirrors of the media, or the Republicrats, the single party with two heads, fool you. Don't fall prey. Break the cycle. Keep your head. Vote independant. And turn off your televisions.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Being on a Warship or Ship of any kind out there would be the last place I would want to be etc.

Basically, you're a sitting duck and although the ships have anti-missile capabilities with fancy guns that put up a wall of lead, it's still not safe!

At least in an aircraft you can move out of the way quickly or even eject but a ship, no way hosay!

Anybody watched the movie THE SUM OF ALL FEARS??

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join