It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: US warships stationed off Iranian coast **NEW**

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Report: US warships stationed off Iranian coast **NEW**

rawstory.com

As unconfirmed reports of an imminent Israeli strike on Iran's nuclear facilities pick up steam in the Middle Eastern media, a US-based strategic intelligence company has released a chart showing US naval carriers massing near Iranian waters.

The chart, published by Stratfor and obtained by the Zero Hedge financial blog, shows that over the last few weeks a naval carrier -- the USS Harry S Truman -- has been positioned in the north Indian Ocean, not far from the Strait of Hormuz, which leads into the Persian Gulf. The carrier joins the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, which was already located in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
A U.S.-based stategic intelligence company? You got me.

Strike on nuclear facilities?

It's not like the U.S, and Israel haven't again been pulling out all stops to make sure the world was once again reminded of just how dangerous Iran might be in two years, as stated again and most recently yesterday by Panetta on this past Sunday on ABC's "This Week."

Things seem to be heating up a tad more, though still really unconfirmed. Let's see if the MSM picks up on this and how. And let's hope this activity from the warships is posturing and not real preparation.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
They know the public don't suport an invasion on Iran and might not even after another false flag attack so they must be going for a spontainious type reaction where they bomb Iran and say it was in self defence.

Should the fleet not be of the coast of Iserail who have more UN resolutions against them than anyone else and thats even with most UN members being on the zionist payroll.

The USA keeps starting these wars but is unable to finish them witch is just what the military machine wants and i hope Iran kicks some a$$ which they could do had Russia not turned against them in the hopes of being cut in on the spoils of war.

Just remember who the agressor is when we reep what we sow.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It never occurred to me before that the US military machine might be so thinly spread that they might have to go into Iran with less than overwhelming odds. If this is the final mistake, and they get stomped by the Iranian military because they underestimated them, it would be tragic and hilarious at the same time. I just wonder how much of a media whitewash would be necessary to keep the coverage of all those flag-draped coffins off of TV.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
There was something here on ATS a while back about the plans for a false flag operation comming soon in the form of an attack on a US carrier, any of you guys remember the name of that thread? There's two of them in the area now according to what I've read, would be a hell of a mess.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hopefully the Israeli's will sink another US ship.

Oh wait... sorry... yeah Iran are the bad guys...

The US should definately be attacking the ones with NUKES.... Oh wait... Hmm that's Israel. Erm?

Hmm, that IS confusing....

[edit on 28-6-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
There was something here on ATS a while back about the plans for a false flag operation comming soon in the form of an attack on a US carrier,

I read that the carrier fleet could be set up to take a fall because it is useless against modern Russian missiles that it can not defend against so maybe they are trying to provoke Iran into making strike as it needs to defend it's as it's being surounded by a pack of zionist dogs trying to steel the oil.

Evry country has the right of defence and you can ask iserail on that one who play that tune every other month.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well the reason for the deployment of naval forces to this area most likely has to do with this:

news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON – CIA Director Leon Panetta says Iran probably has enough low-enriched uranium for two nuclear weapons, but that it likely would take two years to build the bombs.
Panetta also says he is doubtful that recent U.N. penalties will put an end to Iran's nuclear ambitions.
He says the penalties could help to weaken Tehran's government by creating serious economic problems. But he adds, "Will it deter them from their ambitions with regards to nuclear capability? Probably not."

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Israel has NO intention of striking Iran's nuclear facilities! At least not without the US at their side which is unlikely. Israel will PRETEND they can wait no longer with the expectation the US will immediately come to their aid. I think Obama will leave them to "swing in the wind". No Israel will NOT attack any country that has the ability to fight back.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The Truman and its associated carrier strike group (CSG) will relieve the Eisenhower CSG in the Arabian Sea, beginning a routine deployment in the 5th Fleet AOR in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and Maritime Security Operations (MSO).

Eisenhower CSG (CSG 8 ) is nearing completion of their deployment to the 5th Fleet AOR after five months of support to OEF and MSO. The strike group is comprised of Eisenhower, guided-missile destroyers USS Carney (DDG 64), USS Hue City (DDG 66), USS McFaul (DDG 74) and USS Farragut (DDG 99); and embarked CDS 26 and CVW 7.

source

Nothing to see here. I doubt the US would launch an attack on Iran with a mere two strike groups.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well it looks like where are at two minutes too midnight . Looks like Israel's excuse is about to sail out of Lebonon's port any minute ( Iranian flotilla ). Just read a article that I was about to put up as a thread .Lot of talk came out of the G20 too .

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
With the zionist bully in you back yard who has 100's of nukes you would be stupid if you didn't want to level the playing field.

every time they go bombing someone the pump price goes up because they become a bigger cartel and now they want to add a carbon tax on top that is made payable to the zionist controlled IMF.

stuff that i say and they can stop poking that bee hive.

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Well it looks like where are at two minutes too midnight . Looks like Israel's excuse is about to sail out of Lebonon's port any minute ( Iranian flotilla ). Just read a article that I was about to put up as a thread .Lot of talk came out of the G20 too .

Gizza link

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

I think that, when we talk about U.S. forces being spread thin, we have to keep in mind that they are "spread thin" right in this theatre. The U.S. has substantial assets and fighting personnel in Iraq, Afghanistan and other surrounding Countries (and bodies of water).

Personally, I think that the ground forces there are a deterrent against Iran thinking about making any kind of a land-stab back at Israel. That is, I do not think there is any intention to actually invade Iran.

If the U.S. participates in the assault on Iranian nuclear facilities (and perhaps military infrastructure), it would most likely be ala Bosnia...where only air power was brought to bear.

But, if Iran were crazy enough to try to hit back at American ground forces in the area...well then, the days of the Rule of Mullahs will quickly be behind the Iranian nation.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I wonder if they'll sacrifice an aged US tub and some of it's crew to kick things off?

Scenario:

Israeli sub (there are already 3 there in the area I think) sneaks into Iranian waters and fires off a few anti-ship missiles at whatever US tub they have been authorised to attack. All fingers immediately point to Iran as the attacker and without any time to think or investigate further, everything is unleashed against the Iranians.
The bought and subservient politicians and media will lead the cry for revenge, getting the masses all fired up and waving their little "made in China" flags, while Israel quietly withdraws and watches it all unfold from the sidelines. Soon as a single missile gets fired towards Israel they'll lead the outcry of "Victim, Holocaust etc", pretending they are the innocent party again.

If they attack Iran without any direct provocation, the world will condemn it, so they need the excuse to make it happen. All we can do is wait for it to happen because despite public feeling about entanglement in another pointless conflict, our leaders are all subservient to Israel and the bankers that want this war. We'll get the news filled with talking heads bleating on about WMD's and Iran's defiance etc, all regurgitated over and over again to sell the war to the public. Nothing we can do about it at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Stratfor is based out of Texas and costs almost $400 a year to get their information. They are regarded as being very intelligent and have very accurate views on geopolitics.

You can get a free article and sign up for a weekly email from them with your email address. Its worth taking a look at. Just be warned though that they will spam your email inbox with offers of membership from time to time.

Stratfor

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Had you ever taken the time to look at an actual map, you would have noticed that Iraq and Afghanistan are located on either side or Iran. Thus, negating any concern one might have about forces being spread to thin, as they are in fact situated to pop Iran like a giant zit.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Is it possible that this may have something to do with This ATS thread "Surge in Gaza as Iranian flotilla prepares to depart lebanon" .
Maybe we are seeing the beginning of the end game .
Hold on to your hats kids this could get bumpy

[edit on 28-6-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

From what have read elsewhere, this latest "flotilla" from Lebanon is nothing to do with Iran or Hezbollah and the organisers and people aboard (including a group of Nuns) have made it clear there is no political affiliation or involvement.
There were reports that Iran was sending a group of vessels but that it had shelved this for the moment.

Wouldn't look good having the Israelis blow a vessel full of Nuns out of the water, or executing them like they did the American guy on the Turkish ship. There again, they'd probably claim that they were mercenary Ninja Nuns.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Nothing to see here. I doubt the US would launch an attack on Iran with a mere two strike groups.

Have to agree with this. If there were 3 carriers then it would be "game on" - 2 isn't enough for a campaign against Iran and most likely means a standard rotation. This is all designed to put pressure on Iran, and if they crack and do something silly then it will be the excuse the US/Israel needs.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Thanks for the clarification Britguy , it did seem a strange move for Iran to make given the current state of relations between it and the west .
Hopefully common sense will prevail

<<   2  3 >>

join