It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan bans Israel from airspace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Erdogan bans Israel from airspace

www.jpost.com

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday announced that Israel will no longer use Turkish airspace, according to an Anatolian state-run news agency report.

The report quoted Erdogan telling reporters in Canada that Turkey imposed a ban on flights after the May 31 Israeli raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla. He did not elaborate on whether the ban includes civilian flights.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.ynetnews.com

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Just another development in the unfolding story in the Middle East.

Israel's relations with Turkey have been strained since Turkey came out against Israel's flotilla raid. Turkey also voted against the UN sanctions against Iran, siding with Brazil with Lebanon abstaining.

Israel's response to this announcement from Turkey was:

The Israeli Transport Ministry told Ynet that the Civil Aviation Authority did not receive any report or notice from Turkey that it closed its airspace to Israeli flights. The ministry said Israeli passenger planes are continuing to fly through Turkey as usual. (Yoav Zitun)" see additional link

About two week's ago Israel leaked the information that Saudi Arabia was allowing them to use their airspace, a rumor Saudi Arabia quickly denied, and which many think was to cover Israel's real strategy

So now, unless they are able to use bases in Georgia, Azerbaijan, or Kazakhstan, their capabilities are limited. If they violate Turkey's wishes and fly over anyway, there's no telling how Turkey would respond.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I understand why Israel is so hostile. They're surrounded by nations hell bent on their destruction. Sure, Israel is to blame for half of this. Nobody in that region is innocent, though.

I just wish they'd kick the **** out of each-other already and get it over with. We all know that when it starts, that entire region is going to light up. Might as well let them get it over with.

The United States won't be involved in this one, unless we get drawn into it directly. On one side, our ally Israel. On the other side, our ally Turkey and NATO. Yeah, we damn well better remain neutral.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

You don't believe the European massacre of Jews didn't have anything to do with this situation in middle east?

Or the fact that Europeans and Americans harbored the terrorist Zionist organization which brought Jews to a hostile environment?

You don't believe that they were offered another home land other than this hostile environment?

-Ararat city
-British Uganda Program
-Jewish Autonomous Oblast in USSR
-Fugu plan
-Madagascar plan
-British Guyana

The Palestinian are not losers who will stand prosecution without any resistance.

I like their courage, in fighting one of the most powerful armies in the world, I like their courage in fighting one of the strongest empires alive today.

Although they felt hopeless once upon a time, you can rest assure they will never feel that way again.

As long as I'm alive, I will always expose the Israeli atrocities, and continuous aggression.

No justice, no peace.

No truth, no justice.

connect the dots.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
The United States won't be involved in this one, unless we get drawn into it directly. On one side, our ally Israel. On the other side, our ally Turkey and NATO. Yeah, we damn well better remain neutral.

You have two chances of that happening and thats zero and none.

Iserail controls the banks, bribes the politicians and will have so much dirt on the whitehouse that american will be in from the start.

Once you get someone to comit murder for you then you have them by the ball for the rest of their lives and thats just what the international banksters have.

The UK is in the left hand of the zionist puppet master and the USA is the right hand so it's fine with me that the world turns against us because we bring it on ourselves.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Hi Lucidity, another great thread - S&F

I've got a question for you.

If they violate Turkey's wishes and fly over anyway, there's no telling how Turkey would respond.

How do you think they will respond if this happens?

They've pretty much just slapped Israel in the face with a challenge, now, they're going to have to follow up on it, but with what? How? Etc...

Your thoughts?

peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
have you noticed how all this inflamatory stuff comes from the Jewish media

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
They should ban terrorists from useing their airspace

Fantasic to see the zionists being questioned on a news station they don't own and needless to say he gets blown away at every turn.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Caveat Lector

Which inflammatory stuff are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks, silo. Yikes! You're going to force me to think about it. Okay.

The short answer is I don't know because I haven't had time to digest recent developments surrounding Israel's attack on the flotilla (didn't have time to follow this early on). My gut says, this time I think Turkey will shoot them down. Tensions have definitely magnified.

Turkey wanted a much stricter statement against Israel's actions surrounding the flotilla attack from the UN than they got, voted nay on the UN sanctions against Iran, and demanded a full inquiry from the UN into the flotilla incident.

Israel rejected this outright. Given that the Turkish government is facing a credibility issue with their people if they don't continue to respond firmly, I don't believe they'll be backing down on the sanction or airspace issues due to external pressures, say from the U.S.

Probability that Turkey will back down: Low.

As I understand it, Israel regularly trains over Turkish airspace. Israel has also been known to violate airspace before, with the recent most most notable incident being with Turkey' in 2007 when they bombed an alleged WMD site in Syria.

They violate Lebanon's airspace regularly. And when confronted, they literally usually say, oops, mistake, and carry on as if nothing had happened.

Israel might be a bit more cautious about it this time because opinion is against them at the moment. However, we all know that when Israel sets it's sights on something, they tend to do what they believe they need to do and then answer questions later. Probability that Israel will violate Turkey's wishes: High.

A side note about the whole airspace game is the oddness of claims in mid-June that Saudi Arabia was allowing Israeli access to airspace to hit Iran, Israel's claims that Saudi Arabia did no such thing, and then Saudi Arabia's claims of absolutely not.

Given these probabilities, this is going to be an issue for Turkey.

I think after thinking all this through while writing it, I'll go with might gut. Turkey will shoot it down, or at the very least try to intercept. Same goes for Saudi Arabia.

Thoughts on this reasoning? (If I even made any sense!)

top topics

join