It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mid East Wars For WATER and RESOURCES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
That is what it is coming down to. Turkey just cancelled their agreement to supply Israel with water. If this cancellatuion holds I would expect Israel to "seek" out additional sources of supply. Certainly in any peace agreement with the Palestinians Israel will INSIST on control of all the West Bank water. Many of the settlements are built purposely over the aquifer. This will likely be a deal breaker. I believe Israel will also engage Lebanon in another war with the specific objective of gaining control over the Litani river. (although that will not be their stated objective) They will never give up the water rights to the Golan (although they may return the Golan for peace with Syria) Shaba farms has a very nice water supply which is why Israel is loath to return it. So my friends expect to see Israel engage in almost yearly little wars to capture their neighbors water.

Lebanon and Israels international waters share a huge underwater gas field. This will be another area of possible conflict. Israel has already threatened Lebanon over this little discovery.

There is another gas field off the shores of Gaza that Israel will somehow claim.
Perhaps you know of some others?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Water from the Golan Heights in Syria/Israel is key for irrigating the Jordan Valley (Israel side)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Jumblat Urges Proving Lebanon's Right over Offshore Oil, Israeli Infiltration of Lebanese Affairs is Dangerous

www.naharnet.com...

He warned that Israel may use its infiltration to attack Lebanon and wage a new war against it.

Addressing the discovery of petroleum off the Lebanese shore, Jumblat stressed that Lebanon should first prove its right over it before creating such an uproar, pointing out that Israel will not watch idly by at such a discovery, but it will "as usual take advantage of internal Lebanese disputes."

Turning to the issue of rights of Palestinian refugees, the MP demanded that restrictions should be immediately lifted off Palestinian refugee camps "at least for purely national Lebanese strategic purposes."

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have heard and thought a lot about these resource wars - and I have come to a concrete and inescapable conclusion.

The so called 'elite' NWO of the world are determined to take Iran - many wonder why. Is it oil? Is it simply to bring them under the global government hegemony?

After reading up regarding the economy of Iran, I have found the real reason. The elite love luxuries and 'superior' lifestyle.

Iran just HAPPENS to be the worlds largest producer of CAVIAR! Thats right!

Coincidence? You be the judge.

- Hey got to laugh right?

top topics

join