It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

114 hospitalized during LA music festival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Article

Not sure what forum to put this in, so feel free to move.

LOS ANGELES – Authorities say more than 200 people were injured and more than 100 were taken to hospitals during a two-day electronic music festival and rave at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Exposition Park.

Authorities said Sunday that some were hurt as people rushed barriers trying to get in without the $75 admission ticket at the 14th annual Electric Daisy Carnival, which featured rides and five stages with performances by Moby and Will.I.Am.

Los Angeles fire spokesman Brian Humphrey says most of the 114 people hospitalized were taken for drug or alcohol problems. Humphrey says there were 226 injuries reported.

Organizers say the event drew a total of 185,000 people on Friday and Saturday.

Kind of funny, but some friends of mine went to the same festival a bit over a week ago here in Dallas, and he ended up in the hospital for drug problems.

Anyways, Im wondering what is so popular about this festival? Im guessing its an event that draws the raver/electronica music listeners. And, with that, Im guessing the event draws alot of rave/designer drug users.

Im thinking when events like this happen, (injured/drug overdoses/crowd rushing the barriers - not the music event itself), what does that say about some people these days? I guess some people just cant control themselves, even during a music festival.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
So about 0.06% were hospitalized for what in essence are relatively minor issues and likely self inflicted anyways.

Very low numbers considering.

Edit-: In fact I have found that in the USA someone is injured in a car accident every 14 seconds. This concert is quite safe in comparison...

Sorry I'm not posting a source for this little edit snippet, every single page I found looking for traffic statistics or accidents had some law firm or attorney ambulance chaser type advertising plastered all over it and it annoyed the crap outta me.
I will not spread their kind.

[edit on 28/6/2010 by who-me?]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Apart from the ruching the gates, people have been dancing to repetitive music and taking mind altering substances since man first learnt how to bang a drum. It's nothing new.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Woodstock, the original - same thing.

At least some things in this world do not change.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Might be a bad bunch of ecstacy, easy to dehydrate or over-hydrate or just do something silly whilst in that state.

So I've heard.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I was there... all the non drug induced injuries could have been avoided if the people putting on the show weren't so greedy. Talk about ridiculous ticket prices and the place was just too packed. Part of the commotion happened when they started blocking off the main stage. People were p'd off because they couldn't see what they paid for and wanted to see. They should really lower the amount of tickets they sell for the event. I'm also sure they're not that oblivious and they know exactly what kind of crowd this event will bring in... and the drugs too.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Until people start to get carried away helplessly, it is not a real music festival.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Stay away from the brown acid!

Stay away from the brown acid!

new topics

top topics

join