It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - What happened to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

You are right, there's some good people in this thread who, when seeing all together renews one's faith in ATS.

But I really do miss some of the old faces who were around in the first year or so of my membership.
They were intuitive, well researched and pretty demanding.
Regardless of opinion they set high standards.
So many of them gone, for various reasons.:shk:

Just a fleeting thought, maybe the fault lies with us that we haven't stepped into their shoes?

It's also embarressing to see the almost hero worship afforded some members.
Now I'm not saying they don't deserve a bit of respect but this borders blind faith at times.
And I'm sure the members themselves feel quite embarressed and at times makes them more reluctant to contribute.

It was good to see ArMAP getting thoroughly involved in a thread recently.
More Mods should get involved like they did before attaining Modship. (Note: Not Godship!!).

My Avatar; it's attracted a few comments over the years and some people read more into it than what there is.
I used a few avatars during the first few months here but then settled with Major Easy from Battle comic.
It simply brings back fond memories from a pleasant childhood, nothing more, nothing less.

[edit on 3/7/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

i think some of these rude contributors and bogus hoax thread authors we are discussing here may not be the young teenagers we think they are.

after having spent more than 11 years in the usaf i wonder if there are not members of governmental entities strolling through and deliberatley manipulating and distorting information in an effort to discredit our ATS community....

i think some of the mandates of the 24th Air Force actually (and publicly - google) entail cyber warfair and get paid to do such things, by the people who are paying them to do it... curiously enough...

so, it is my assumption that there are those on these threads and in our forums that are just garbaging up our ATS in efforts to control the information and mislead us all.

fish through the crap, and remember it may be cryptic & encoded and not too straight forward, but some level of truth can be extrapulated from it.

but what do i know?

- ET

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
reply to post by Raud

but what do i know?

- ET

Your opinion is duly noted.

Never underestimate your enemy.

"They" know that we know and they don't like that one bit.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Unemployment is at a high worldwide.

Many young people who would be gainfully employed are not.

I believe they have found this site to be just nothing more than cheap entertainment.

Young children have also found it and do not conceive what a internet forum actually is.

They have turned it into "Ask Yahoo".

I agree this sites glory days are well over.

I first came to this site shortly after it began,with a different screen name.

I read it religiously but never posted because the debate was so intelligent at the time I did not want to expose myself as an idiot.

Sadly, the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Rand, I agree with you 100%. It's time for some tweaking at ATS.

Mods. please start going easier on the "ban a member button". At least let's vote on who goes.

Major gripe, members post and post and post about BP and such but offer little in ways we can fight and take back this country. T&C's don't allow for us to get too organized here anyway.

I had a lot more to add here but I have to stop at this as my comp. is doing it's own thing now.:bnghd:

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Sanity Lost]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join