It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in Toronto Criticized for Treatment of Protesters, Many Peaceful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

-An escalation of aggressive police tactics toward even apparently peaceful protests at the Group of 20 summit meeting led to calls for a review of security activities.

-“Civil liberties are in rough shape today,” said Nathalie Des Rosiers, the general counsel of the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, which had two of its observers arrested and detained. “We will have to have some accountability for what is going on.”

In a statement, the Canadian branch of Amnesty International called on governments to review the security measures made for the meeting, including a temporary suspension of various civil liberties in the portion of this city’s downtown near the meeting site.

www.nytimes.com...

Related:

Police storm peaceful protesters singing O Canada
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
500 of them were taken to a Fema Camp in Toronto! which was a studio but.

on the inside everything was like a cage.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The bastards remind me of the G20 police in London.

A pig in uniform is still a pig.

At least the Toronto swine didn't kill anyone though.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Perhaps you guys should watch the footage of vandalism, broken windows, fights, and burning cars. And as a policeman your supposed to quickly and accurately every persons actions and intentions in the blink of an eye amidst chaos? I don't think so, they were doing their job, protesters knew things would get dicey, most of them were hippies with no jobs, angry because they aren't allowed to smoke weed and walk around naked. Give me a break!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattias
Perhaps you guys should watch the footage of vandalism, broken windows, fights, and burning cars. And as a policeman your supposed to quickly and accurately every persons actions and intentions in the blink of an eye amidst chaos? I don't think so, they were doing their job, protesters knew things would get dicey, most of them were hippies with no jobs, angry because they aren't allowed to smoke weed and walk around naked. Give me a break!

Easy mattias, deny ignorance is the motto of this site, alot of what we are shown in the MSM when it comes to events like this are stooges, actual policemen and women used to start the riots in order to take the focus away from why the protesters are there. The MSM are a tool nothing more nothing less.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hey folks though you might find this interesting. The first part of the article relates to previous riots, which were orchestrated by undercover police agents.

From the first photograph this is screechingly obvious due to their footwear being identical. If they have used these tactics before there is no doubt they would try them again, only this time do a better job of covering their tracks.

www.globalresearch.ca...

To add technically it was the second photo I meant.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattias
I don't think so, they were doing their job, protesters knew things would get dicey, most of them were hippies with no jobs, angry because they aren't allowed to smoke weed and walk around naked. Give me a break!

Hey nice generalisation. Pity it's bigoted, backward and retarded.

Also, have you EVER been to a protest? I'm guessing not, i'm guessing you live a comfortable existence, and experience very few reasons to challenge the rules.

You do realise that most of the time the vandalism and crime takes place away from the groups of genuine protestors and police. The one's commiting the crimes were almost certainly not the one's who went there to make a difference and voice their concerns.

Also - The motto is 'protect and serve', but in this case it seems the only people they are protecting are the greedy corporates, the bankers and the politicians.

top topics

join