It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Do NOT Sit Down In Canada!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Most people are NOT objecting to the reasons why these G20 protests are occurring. It is the method in which a radical few are conducting themselves that is the problem. There are a lot of people around the world fed up with how things have become, not just those protesting at these events.

[edit on 29/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO
My son was one of the ones arrested. He was with the group of 150 peaceful protestors in front of the Novotel on Saturday night. The riot police came down every street in lines drumming their shields, herded them together and charged every single person there with something or another.

My son was kept in a giant dog cage for 26 hours in a big warehouse. He was given 2 oz of water every 5 hours and a bun with a cheese slice. His cage was near the thermostat and he saw they had turned up the A/C as high as possible so that's why everyone was freezing. Many had there shoes and socks taken away so they had to stand on the cold concrete.

The cage next to his, a young girl was sobbing and begging the police for her medicine...they ignored her. They had one special cage just for kids! My son said all these people looked 14 years old or younger. Some of the cages had no portapotties so they had to use the floor.

Here is a video of the actual arrests in front of the Novotel hotel. My son was sitting on the pavement singing a John Lennon song at the time of the arrest. He was charge with obstructing a police officer, a charge that was dropped when he was released.

www.youtube.com...

Your son's story sounds just like so many other testimonies.
I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion on the detention centre.

The police behaviour at peaceful protests is terrible, and the situation definitely doesn't improve at the detention centre. Arresting people who absolutely pose danger to others makes sense to me, but peaceful protesters (or people not involved but simply nearby)?

It sickens me to know that hundreds of people have been mistreated in this detention centre and that it was/is allowed to take place at all.

This page has a lot of information detailing the conditions of the detention centre:
"Conditions at G20 Detention Centre are illegal, immoral and dangerous"

It is next to impossible to set the scene of what happened at the Detention Centre. Between the two of us we estimate that we spoke to over 120 people, most of whom were released between 9:30 p.m. and 4:30 a.m. Despite not knowing each other, the story they tell is the same. [...]

What follows is a list, as detailed as we can make it in a blog post, of what we saw and heard.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join