It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Do NOT Sit Down In Canada!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

First of all, I am not an Anarchist. Second of all, you DONT know what is worth fighting for. Finally, you wont be changing anything sitting in your house.

Protest is NOT VIOLENT. Protest is protest. You are the one insisting that protest is violent. Not me.

I am not advocating throwing rocks through windows, so take your lies elsewhere. I am talking about peaceful gathering to protest.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Be clear here, people. Your leaders arent mistaken about what the people want. It isnt that they dont get your emails. They know exactly what you want, and they are taking active steps to ensure they dont have to give it to you.

They want you to send emails, because passive resistance doesnt worry them. Whats a little grumbling when you have so much to gain? They want you apathetic, they want you inactive, they dont want you gathering in big scary groups and protesting.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

This is all bollocks.

Our elected officials do ONE thing, and one thing only.

They protect their position at the trough.

There is no grand conspiracy.

There is just a group of greedy people, people that get changed regularly, who do what ever they can to stay at their current position.

It's not rocket science.

And the only people we have to blame is ourselves.

As long as we, the people, are dumb enough to vote based on promises, not on action, this will continue.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My son was one of the ones arrested. He was with the group of 150 peaceful protestors in front of the Novotel on Saturday night. The riot police came down every street in lines drumming their shields, herded them together and charged every single person there with something or another.

My son was kept in a giant dog cage for 26 hours in a big warehouse. He was given 2 oz of water every 5 hours and a bun with a cheese slice. His cage was near the thermostat and he saw they had turned up the A/C as high as possible so that's why everyone was freezing. Many had there shoes and socks taken away so they had to stand on the cold concrete.

The cage next to his, a young girl was sobbing and begging the police for her medicine...they ignored her. They had one special cage just for kids! My son said all these people looked 14 years old or younger. Some of the cages had no portapotties so they had to use the floor.

Here is a video of the actual arrests in front of the Novotel hotel. My son was sitting on the pavement singing a John Lennon song at the time of the arrest. He was charge with obstructing a police officer, a charge that was dropped when he was released.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

The Queen is nothing but a figurehead here, and one most people don't even recognize. She has no power, and no to very very few canadians worship her. Honestly I don't even know that much about her much less worship her - and I share a dual citizenship with England.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

And just what exactly is bullocks?

You dont think they are manipulating the public into apathy with their propaganda? Because that document says you are wrong.

You dont think they know what we want and they deliberately refuse to give it to us? Because that document says your wrong.

And how is this the fault of the voters, (except for the fact they keep voting in mainstream candidates that have no intention of listening to them at all?

Yes, the public should not believe their lies. Yes, it would be nice if people realized that our political system is a sham, and they have no intention of representing us unless we make them, by showing that we will DO something if they dont.

But please do me the favor of explaining exactly what you think was bullocks in that quote, because your insult was a little broad and I am not so clever today.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yesterday morning, I woke up to a video on the news of protesters, not in the black garb, destroying the fronts of businesses and offices. One guy, who had a giant smile on his face was jumping up and down on the hood of a burning cop car. There was evidence of vandalism everywhere. People in all manner of clothes, all with smiles, running around like they were in a trance from the destruction.

Then they showed a video of a what appeared to be a woman of tiny stature in a way to big black robe and mask. She was trying to destroy the front of a small business and hitting it over an over with a large stick. She had managed to take out most of the windows. They panned down the street and you could see damage to most of the businesses.

I'll ask what somebody already asked. How will this change anything? How will this make things better? How does destroying innocent peoples property fit in? Is it not proof that many of the protesters are phonies who are there simply for the violence and perhaps the chance to loot?

Of course they make carefully edited videos to make themselves look innocent. Of course they lie knowing that no decent human being would ever approve of their methods.

Yes there are protesters doing things the right way and they have my complete support, even if I don't agree with them. But the thugs?

If any of you are here defending the thugs, you are one of them and just as foul as they are. Nobody is buying your lies or crap. This is done by people who get off on violence and vandalism; some are even there for the looting opportunities. These are the same losers who paint crap on bridges, break out windows for fun and live in their mommies basements.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Take a look at these "carefully edited" videos as you say.

These people were herded up and arrested. Most just wanted to leave. There was NO violence whatsoever.

Wake up!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I say it is bollocks because we CHOOSE our officials.

We can say that they are pulling the wool over our eyes, and we can plug our ears and go "La la la la ..." all day long.

But, it doesn't change the fact that WE put them in power.

And WE have the ability to take them out of power.

I can't help it if people can't figure out that WE are THE POWERS THAT BE.

Now, granted I speak from my own experiences, and in Canada, ANYBODY, can run for office. As long as you are of legal age.

www.elections.ca...

I know that I can't speak on worldly matters, but in Canada....we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Illusion, my insult is not directed to you personally. It is to all the people I hear crying about the way things are, when all we have to do is stand together and change them.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by peck420]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I agree wiith a lot of what you say.When we are young, ignorant and inexperienced, we tend to believe from our teachers that set the standards of the superiors. Sadly, as we age we tend to see through the lies and deception of dual standards with a dillema of following either your head or your heart?
Then you get opposing ideas from scientists,is there corruption involved or different points of view? EXAMPLE this phrase says 2 opposite things, test it for yourself,,, GODISNOWHERE.
The whole world is changing rapidly, most are in debt,so many are controlled by so few. Its all about power to control .When labour is withdrawn (strike) i believe it has MORE effect than protesting,or by not buying a certain product will give control back to the people.
Everyone should have all the basic rights to life, the greedy ones want yours as well as their own.
peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanHero

Wow they claim the undercover cops were not there to cause trouble...................yet the cop was holding a rock in his hand. Sorry but that's utter rubbish and i won't accept anyone saying he had that just to blend in.

These tactics have been used for years here in Britain and yet no one is ever held to account, sad to see it also happens in other countries, especially Canada which i always held to be quite good at keeping peopels rights intact.

The only thing to do is to keep protesting, over and over but unless more people take part the governments will ignore the protestors. People seem to forget that we, the ordinary citizens of the various countries are the majority. For every one of the powerful there are 20 of us! We have the power and yet for the most part all people ever do is complain.

A sad state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanHero

it just like the stanley cup playoffs, you sing the national anthem and then you drop the puck.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Your choice is manipulated, politician A B or C, are all following orders from those that sponsor them.You don,t like the way they lead?
Change them for others that are exactly the same.
A wolf in sheeps clothing, looks good to the unwary.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Illusion, my insult is not directed to you personally. It is to all the people I hear crying about the way things are, when all we have to do is stand together and change them.

Well, I certainly dont disagree with that. I could not agree more that sitting at home moaning about the PTB while doing absolutely nothing to change it is not the way we are going to regain control of our governments.

We need to stand up and be counted. Clearly, voting is not enough. We need to stand out in the streets and show them that the gig is up. We are onto them, and we want our countries back.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stmichael

You know what would scare the pants off them, and not only not cost anyone any money, but would actually SAVE us money?

If everyone in America canceled their cable for a month. Just that. Turn off the propaganda machine for a month. Rent DvDs, play video games, its summer, venture outside in the fresh air. But for one month, if we all turned off their means of telling us what to think, that would make them crap their pants.

But you know what? Even the people who claim they just dont want to get hurt dont have the inner strength to even stand up and do that.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stmichael

That's the thing, in Canada, TPTB have no power over our elected officials unless we let them.

I could run for federal office, all it takes is 250 members and I'm in the running.

How could they possibly control that?

The only thing controlling Canada is apathy. No voter turn out, no electoral interest.

Our government even endorses this. They have a step by step guide to setting up a new political party for running in federal, provincial, and civic elections.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

How could they possibly control that?

Does Canada give free and equal air time to all candidates? Because if not, you can set yourself up to run all you want, but if no one ever hears of you, how can they vote for you?

We can run for President too. But even wealthy, well known, and powerful people like Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, cant get on the televised debates. Thats how they control it here. You have the right to run, but TV stations dont have to sell you advertising, and you wont get on the debates, so you better be knocking on an awful lot of doors.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

www.crtc.gc.ca...

It's a little more complicated due to paid for and free being offered by the same broadcaster. But, essentially, yes, if they give one party/candidate free coverage they must do the same for the rest. And, if they offer to sell a party/candidate air time, they must offer all parties/candidates for the same price.

The only questionable part of this system is the term "equitable", but it doesn't get abused much. The local crackpots seem to get just as much time as serious candidates

Also, even if you don't win you can get public money for you next campaign.

policyschool.ucalgary.ca...&%20Coletto%20ONLINE%203.pdf

This could be up for change though, so here is a paper on the alternative the current government (Conservatives) is proposing.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

You guys are really fortunate.

You should make good use of that while you have it. It may be why your country isnt in quite the state ours is.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
"You will have to defend yourself from the militarized police force with a low IQ."

I don't know about the IQs of these pre-programmed Robos, but some of them we wearing some awfully sexy shorts.

"There is already footage that cops were dressed as Black Bloc. Some were found with earpieces, they didn't talk to the cameramen. Agent provocateurs are used by just about every police force. And if they bring them from another city, there's a lesser chance of them being identified."

Better yet, would be to use private security firms to cause this havoc. A billion smackers goes a long way.

"If any of you are here defending the thugs, you are one of them and just as foul as they are."

This is coming from someone who is mentally unable to fathom that these "thugs" were planted by the authorities to justify a one billion dollar highway robbery tab on the taxpayers.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

While I do agree with peaceful protesting, you must understand that those were two different days. All the hoodlums from Friday were either arrested or too little to matter.

The cops used way too much force in Saturday's peaceful protest. They didn't use enough force in the beginning of Friday's, which is why these punks did what they did.

The cops should have been on them from the start so the peaceful protesters could do what they have to.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join