It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Do NOT Sit Down In Canada!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HeinousOne

I am judging the criminals. I support the protesters.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I love it, these protesters are protesting world banks and leaders making decisions without the people's say. Yet they forget, their actions are costing the security people way more money then if they didn't protest. These protesters cause more damage to property causing even more costs.

I guess their mentality is "who cares if innocent tax payers suffer from our protests".

I say down with the lot of them, when they can learn to effect change in ways that make sense, ill back them up. Otherwise their just a bunch of whiney babies costing taxpayers to foot the bill for their whining and inability to protest civilly and effectively.

Their a joke and its time they open their eyes to that fact. No one in the general population of Canada understands why they go about it like they do. They know why their doing it, they just don't get their actions and neither do I.

What goes around comes around, so if protesting violently begets more violence...then you asked for it and deserve it. Too bad some innocents get caught in the middle, but then again perhaps they won't be so naive the next time around when hanging around unlawful protesters.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by EspyderMan]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You know, some of the posts on this thread calling protesters "whiney" and calling them criminals are just insane. Really. Some of you are so brainwashed into supporting authority, that you really dont care at all who is doing what to whom, dont care that the violence may be instigated by the authorities as an excuse to legitimize their abuse of power. It just works on you, doesnt it?

For those who havent been completely brainwashed into thinking anything any one in a uniform does is right. I like this video. So Orwellian.

And further more, for you zombies out there, does it never strike you as odd that we dont see footage like this on the MSM? Of police forces initiating violence against peaceful protesters? You arent being manipulated at all are you?

You are willing participants in Facism.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Ahh good, so you judge the world leaders for needlessly shutting down the heart of Toronto? You judge the police for their brutality and unnecessary heavy handed tactics that they seem to love to use?

How about the agent provacateurs that burned police cars so that the state wouldn't be held liable for damaging private property should the state be caught ONCE AGAIN using such methods? Once they start the violence, mob mentality kicks in and businesses get damaged.

If you have accepted your place in their society then that is your free will choice but that allows you to be demonized just as much as those that don't accept the place they told they belong in.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HeinousOne

Darn right I do. The G7, 8, 20 are simply meetings of world leaders to plan to screw us over even more. Shutting down the middle of a city was a moronic thing to do. That does not excuse the actions of the punks who just wanted to run rampant, smashing stuff. I have not seen evidence that they were undercover cops. The same thing happens everytime there is a huge gathering of sports fans, "celebrating" their team's win. Some people are celebrating and some are rioting.

The G20 protests were legit for some protestors. I fully support them. I will never support idiots who run around smashing windows. What purpose does that serve? It simply causes the police to clamp down harder. Foolsih move.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Where is the video of the burning police car, and the police NOT beating or charging anyone.

Of course that would be too one sided the other way.

Too many strong angry opinions when not enough of a picture to truly judge.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Looks like someone messed up royally.

This is the new face on the same old problem. Its been happening for years upon years. So now that you know, what are you prepared to do?

Stay peaceful people. Under any and all circumstances, remember that even the elite and those in power are still your eternal brothers. We are all one.

Namaste and love

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Their actions may have been misguided but the degree of their violence was minimal. People are going to be in for a very rude awakening as the trend continues.

I honestly do not understand how some folks still believe their peaceful protests will be of any hinderance to these people that sit so much higher then us that they cannot even see us nor do they care to. They simply want their thugs to handle us. Sooner or later the peaceful ones will be tired of being beaten. That will be the day the police become the frightened ones.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

I haven't heard or read any comments from Harper on this yet. "Thug" is however, an appropriate word to describe people dressed all in black, faces covered, with bats, smashing windows and burning cars. These are not protestors, these THUGS came to cause trouble. Unfortunately the legitimate protestors got caught up in it, but that is not the fault of the police. What the police did do wrong, was not responding in force earlier when the thugs were running around.

I DON,T THINK YOU REALISE WHAT YOU WROTE. READ IT AGAIN.
A THUG IS????
dressed all in black,,, The police are dressed in black.

faces covered,,, The police wear masks/helmets.

armed with bats,,,,The police arrive with weapons with the intention of hurting others if told to.
The trouble makers were police officers pretending to be protesters.

people protest because they don,t like changes that are made, maybe they shouldn,t protest but strike instead. No one would get hurt ,surprise surprise, politicians would listen to the people.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stmichael

The cops dressed like that were there after the thugs ran riot earlier. What do people expect? Again I fully support protesters. I will never support idiots who simply want to break stuff. If it was not G20, they would simply have waited for another opportunity to cause trouble.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeinousOne
The crowds are not large enough

And that's why it's not working. The majority decides on what to do. People are still in control. We just lack unity to utilise that power.
There's no need for violence when you have the majority on your side. But vandals make protestors look bad in front of the majority.

[edit on 28/6/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Insane? That's pretty harsh to say the least.

First of all, cops, protesters, moms, dads, world leaders, etc....
ARE ALL HUMAN!
Their all capable of mistakes, misjudgement, misdeeds and overal bad decision making in the heat of the moment.

These protesters know history, they know violence can happen at protests where the protester refuse to listen to the Police. They know people can die in these things, yet there they are. Is it supposed to happen? In a perfect world, no it shouldn't...but it does.

These people's unwillingness to accept what is real apart from whats fantasy is the problem here. You wanna protest? Go for it, its your right, but as history has proven (and try not to pretend to be naive here) its DANGEROUS and you risk your life doing it.
It is avoidable. Your message can still be heard too.

I don't support what the world leaders are doing nor do i support the protesters, however, its the protesters actions that are causing a potential spark to violence. Since we are all human and able to make mistakes, its ignorant to think nothing will happen. There is always one bad apple on either side, wake up and notice this and act differently so you can get a different result.

Otherwise, doing the same thing and expecting different results is the very definition of INSANITY.
What my beliefs are, are not insane in the least. Its called learning from the past and looking forward to a better future. If only more subscribed to it we wouldn't be watching these morons repeat past failures.

I am on the side of peace, not change by force or by violence. Maybe someday our collective concious will be able to achieve that if only we can become wiser together.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Disgusted, with the video, the actions of the Police, the City of Toronto and the government in general.
You want to hold a summit? Go to freakin Bohemian grove and don't shut down the center of the busiest city in the damn province and whine about security issues.
You want to lead your countries respectively but you can't make a decent choice where to meet and discuss it?
Yes, well, brilliant is as brilliant does.
I made the mistake of traveling south of North Bay Ontario and was hit with a wall of security for the G8, including cops at every intersection and highway turn off for a hundred miles past Huntsville, not to mention full army and helicopter surveillance.
Seriously?
Ya, us cottage country people would rather offer you a damn beer and talk shop around the campfire than bomb you. Get a reality check, Mr. Prime minister, you aren't as important as you think you are. Just ask Mike Harris...
As for patriotism...I'll sing MY VERSION of the national anthem wherever the heck I damn well please, and the OPP, and RCMP can kiss my (***).
If I wanna sit wherever and do it, I DAMN WELL WILL.
Take your freakin' ego trippin' BS and apply for a border guard job in Mexico..I'm sure you'll fit right in.
Till then..this Canadian chick will SING AS LOUD AS I CAN!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Nice edited clip @ 1:15
Why is that man @ 2:42 holding a bat? Is he a cop or a banker?

Enjoy worshipping your Anarchyst leaders. I'm sure you'll love anacrhy. You can try it out right now before it takes over your home, fly to Congo with your family or take a boating trip around Africa. You'll love it!

Those people in the masks are purposely trying to make the # hit the fan. They are not fighting for your freedoms.

[edit on 28/6/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

I don't support what the world leaders are doing nor do i support the protesters, however, its the protesters actions that are causing a potential spark to violence.

Yes. Insane. Out of your ever-livin'-gourd if you think that people are wrong for protesting, or whiny, or trouble makers, or "morons" as you call them.

YOUR argument just sounds cowardly, to be perfectly honest. "Oooo someone might get HURT, history has shown that people get HURT at these things, so while I dont support what our leaders are doing, I dont support protests where someone might get HURT."

Its a good thing you werent in charge during the American Revolution, isnt it? Or WWII, "Ooohhh dont go fight the Nazi's, someone may get HURT!" Freedom isnt free, you know. It never has been. Sometimes you have to risk getting hurt to win it, and maintain it. I will tell you something true, if cowards would stop hanging back, disliking what is going on in the world, but too scared to march in opposition, a lot LESS people would be hurt.

People ARE being hurt right now. All over the world by the policies of these powers that are being protested, by their wars. Innocent people, children, you know, the same argument that you make for the cops.

I dont hate cops. I think they are great, when they arent violating the Constitution and turning on their own people who have a right to protest. I love my troops, as long as they arent turned against patriotic Americans defending our rights. When you stop honoring your duty to your country and its Constitution, you arent defending the peace. You have become an enemy of it.

What do you suppose we should do to change things? Write on ATS? Send emails to Congress? What do you suggest, so that no one gets hurt, or risks getting hurt? As much as I love ATS, all we are doing here is feeding their propaganda machine. They can come here, read our ideas and discontent, and tailor their messages accordingly. We arent changing their policies, just their messages.

I will tell you right now, your apathy and unwillingness to rise up and march (not fight, just march) are exactly what the worlds leaders want from you. Apathy is their goal. And it seems you are right on target in giving them what they want.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
How many of you have ever been to a protest in Canada?

I'm just guessing here, but probably none.

I have been stuck in protests and riots, some by choice, some by accident.

From what I have seen, both sides are do their jobs, but both sides get judged on the actions of a few.

I was stuck in a riot in Edmonton during the hockey playoffs. It was not nearly as big and bad and brutal as the media made it out to be. It was on local tv for a month showing "police brutality". Which is funny, because I WAS THERE, and saw nothing of the sort.
I SAW a single intersection get cordoned off.
I SAW the police go into the crowd quickly and efficiently.
I SAW the police arrest 5, maybe 6 people.
Those FEW tried to resist arrest and were treated accordingly.

All that was shown on tv was those 5/6 people over and over again from different angles.

I have also bee to protests in Canada, which quite frankly were BORING. The police stood on their line, and we stood on ours. We sang, we chanted, we went home...# the police even applauded one of our songs.

MOST protesters are peaceful, and MOST police are very understanding, but the media only ever shows what the minority of both parties is doing, then glorifies it, or blows it out of proportion.

This is not TPTB versus the people. This is a violent few (from both sides) fighting amongst the sea of peaceful people.

Edit to add:

www.torontog20summit.com...

The first video is very misleading. The police were already pushing the protesters back, but stopped to allow them to sing "Oh, Canada".

Oh, what a brutal police state we live in! /sarcasm

[edit on 28-6-2010 by peck420]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
We live in a deteriating world whereas half the world is hungry, diseases are rampant,add to that wars,earthquakes,hurricanes,we are supposed to help those that are in need from any surplus that arise,most problems are caused through poverty,and yet banks worldwide make VAST fortunes that justs sits in banks , people don,t want to see corruption and so protest,i agree with you violence is wrong,but those in power must also listen and try to do the BEST they can.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by EspyderMan

I don't support what the world leaders are doing nor do i support the protesters, however, its the protesters actions that are causing a potential spark to violence.

Yes. Insane. Out of your ever-livin'-gourd if you think that people are wrong for protesting, or whiny, or trouble makers, or "morons" as you call them.

YOUR argument just sounds cowardly, to be perfectly honest. "Oooo someone might get HURT, history has shown that people get HURT at these things, so while I dont support what our leaders are doing, I dont support protests where someone might get HURT."

Its a good thing you werent in charge during the American Revolution, isnt it? Or WWII, "Ooohhh dont go fight the Nazi's, someone may get HURT!" Freedom isnt free, you know. It never has been. Sometimes you have to risk getting hurt to win it, and maintain it. I will tell you something true, if cowards would stop hanging back, disliking what is going on in the world, but too scared to march in opposition, a lot LESS people would be hurt.

People ARE being hurt right now. All over the world by the policies of these powers that are being protested, by their wars. Innocent people, children, you know, the same argument that you make for the cops.

I dont hate cops. I think they are great, when they arent violating the Constitution and turning on their own people who have a right to protest. I love my troops, as long as they arent turned against patriotic Americans defending our rights. When you stop honoring your duty to your country and its Constitution, you arent defending the peace. You have become an enemy of it.

What do you suppose we should do to change things? Write on ATS? Send emails to Congress? What do you suggest, so that no one gets hurt, or risks getting hurt? As much as I love ATS, all we are doing here is feeding their propaganda machine. They can come here, read our ideas and discontent, and tailor their messages accordingly. We arent changing their policies, just their messages.

I will tell you right now, your apathy and unwillingness to rise up and march (not fight, just march) are exactly what the worlds leaders want from you. Apathy is their goal. And it seems you are right on target in giving them what they want.

I know when to fight and whats worth fighting for. Fighting for something you cannot change, creating violence, costing citizens more money, causing fear, is just assinine, about as assinine as your reasoning.

A just cause is one thing, protesting leaders right to speak on behalf of their countries is ridiculous. Why not do something that is already a problem? Here are some suggestions like you requested: Feed Starving people living right in your city, send money to children starving around the world, or maybe go help with the oil spill if your feeling like superman. How about volunteering to help the less fortunate disabled people have a voice too? Or perhaps, go searching for missing children, give your voice to speak about the abuses you see in the world to the future generation cuasing change at the grassroots....
Their is much you can do that is more honourable then protesting and effects change better then protesting and possibly involving yourself in violence.

You wanna fight, join the UFC or go join the Army or maybe move to a country where anarchy is prevailant.

Taking the non-violent route to a better world doesn't make one a coward. We are not backed into any corners here so why are we acting as if we are?
Violence should always be a last resort.
Anarchists like you believe otherwise, you all make perfect fodder for the front lines. Gung-ho with nowhere to go.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If our leaders would use the tell-evil-vision to actually create transparency regarding their "meetings", we wouldn't have to protest in front or stop up the street as their darkly tinted sadans & limos are protected by police that citizens' tax dollars paid for.

To the elite of the G20: Using so much police & security to protect yourselves during your dastardly dealings is the true transparency.
The fear you're using to control is beginning to control the controllers.
If you filthy, rich creatures can't walk through a park without looking over your shoulder - that makes me smile.
You should all be strung up for treason, crimes against humanity, misusing police protection & emergency personnel, misappropriating tax dollars, war crimes, & disrupting the peace.

Can anyone locally find out if anyone called 911 during these days & couldn't get help quickly enough because police & emergency personnel were "preoccupied" at the command of the elite? I think it would be crucial to the people's side if say someone was in dire straits medically & died or an intruder/burgler/murderer/rapist wasn't caught because there weren't any police to dispatch.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stmichael

file....__._/file/cia-afghanistan.pdf

Public Apathy Enables Leaders To Ignore Voters. . . (C//NF)
The Afghanistan mission’s low public salience has allowed French and German leaders to
disregard popular opposition and steadily increase their troop contributions to the
International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).

same source,

Tailoring Messaging Could Forestall or At Least Contain Backlash (C//NF)

Western European publics might be better prepared to tolerate a spring and summer of greater military and civilian casualties if they perceive clear connections between outcomes in Afghanistan and their own priorities. A consistent and iterative strategic communication program across NATO troop contributors that taps into the key concerns of specific Western
European audiences could provide a buffer if today’s apathy becomes tomorrow’s opposition to ISAF, giving politicians greater scope to support deployments to Afghanistan. (C//NF)

same source,

If domestic politics forces the Dutch to depart, politicians elsewhere might cite a precedent for “listening to the voters.” French and German leaders have over the past two years taken steps to preempt an upsurge of opposition but their vulnerability may be higher now:

Dont want those politicians to start a precedent for "listening to the voters" now do we?

Be clear here, people. Your leaders arent mistaken about what the people want. It isnt that they dont get your emails. They know exactly what you want, and they are taking active steps to ensure they dont have to give it to you.

They want you to send emails, because passive resistance doesnt worry them. Whats a little grumbling when you have so much to gain? They want you apathetic, they want you inactive, they dont want you gathering in big scary groups and protesting.

The fact that so many here are willing to decry protest of our leaders is evidence of just how well this all works.

Think about how you are being used, and how you are contributing to the overall decline of representative government. If you want this, if this is the world you want, and the direction you want governments to move in, then say so. Just say, "I dont want to be free." Dont lie to yourselves, to us, or to the world.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join