It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Do NOT Sit Down In Canada!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It's hard to tell what is going on from that short clip.

Perception is everything...this clip is clearly designed so the viewer is to percieve that the police charged for no reason.

Was an order given for them to all disperse or stay behind a certain point? Was something thrown?

I don't know....all I know is that the crowd was pretty stationary until a group of them went to sit down and then more started to move forward. The police may have had an order to "charge" if the crowd advanced...you don't really want to let a crowd to advance to where you are face to face with them.

To me, it seems like the "sitters" are trying to cross a line of some sort...or to slowly advanced their line towards the police.

Look people...if you don't want the police to charge at you...don't advance TOWARD them. I don't understand this way of thinking...people saying "look at those police charging that peaceful protest"....but they don't acknowledge that the crowd is advancing (even if it is slowly and while sitting) TOWARDS the police line.

If you want to protest...don't direct your protest TOWARD the police...they aren't the ones making th laws...they are there to keep order. And like it or not...they can't allow a large group of people to advance on a police line.

I bet the loyalists would have said the same thing about those killed back in the Boston Massacre when they advanced on the Redcoats.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I live close to the Canadian border. I go to Canada regularly. I've been pulled over by Ontario Provincial Police, I was once robbed in Montreal and dealt with the police there, Was once lost down near Hamilton and a local cop went out of his way to get me back on the right path, in all my dealings with the Canadian police, they were always civil and professional. I'm sure the cops warned them first.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
[edit on 28-6-2010 by stmichael]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

I haven't heard or read any comments from Harper on this yet. "Thug" is however, an appropriate word to describe people dressed all in black, faces covered, with bats, smashing windows and burning cars. These are not protestors, these THUGS came to cause trouble. Unfortunately the legitimate protestors got caught up in it, but that is not the fault of the police. What the police did do wrong, was not responding in force earlier when the thugs were running around.

Funny, they didn't look all that different then the Police. It's ok for them to smash you though, right? Wait...its ok for them to smash others, you are sitting back in your chair judging those who actually take action.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I know I keep going on about the same old thing, but the thing is I don't give a rats ass. These police are thugs, pure and simple and in regards to the 'thugs' the other night I wouldn't be at all suprised if some of them were under cover policeman what better way to put more police on the street than to scare the public into thinking that they aren't safe its the same old tactics.

Don't be fooled people in the G20 demonstrations in London one journalist wrote an article on the ring leaders being undercover cops he posted evidence of the police allowing the men who had smashed windows or something through the blockade after showing ID. Its one big con after another and the sheeple fall for it.

Down with police brutality

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There is already footage that cops were dressed as Black Bloc. Some were found with earpieces, they didn't talk to the cameramen. Agent provocateurs are used by just about every police force. And if they bring them from another city, there's a lesser chance of them being identified.

It was a group that was either organized by the cops themselves, or allowed to go on unhindered because it was convenient for the police. Notice that the entire Black Bloc ran through the streets without any action on the part of the police. None whatsoever.

And all arrests happened of people who were peaceful protesters (when they cornered a crowd of passersby and peaceful protesters, then proceed to mass-arrest everyone).

This is good for the PTB because all media attention is on the anarchists, and none of the real issues highlighted by legitimate protesters had any coverage.

Check out the 5th video in the following link at blogTO.com:

www.blogto.com...

[edit on 28/6/2010 by gandalph]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
To all the legitimate peaceful protestors:
Masks + protest = innocent people bendind over and getting #ed up their asses.
Don't like getting #ed up your ass? Stop these POS vandals and the cops will not have a reason to act on you. Catch all the provokators and throw them in the cage yourself.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

He smashes a window in front of a cop.. and the cop backs off after he realizes "he's one of ours".

Here's another display of police espionage.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Would just like to thank the people in Canada who stood up for their rights. It's getting harder and harder to get people to do this these days. So, once again, thank you for what you did. Wish I could have been there with you all but i live way down south in the U.S. Guess we'll get out chance real soon....

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Im sorry but people need to start running over these cops with there cars. It would be so easy. They stand in a straight line...STRIKE!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

The only time the Insiders behind the Wall gave a damn about what was going on outside the wall was when there was actual violence. If they gave a damn about what you thought then as democratically elected leaders they would have broadcasted the meeting so that people could see their "good intentions". Instead, they turn that portion of Toronto into a Fortress so that the Lords and Ladies do not have to be bothered with the peasants. That is the job of the Men at Arms.

Welcome to Neo-Feudalism.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by HeinousOne]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
They regularly do this in order to make sure slaves don't forget where they belong.

Democracy schmocokracy...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
We cannot tell from the video if they were told to move along. If that was the case and they refused, the police were right to move in. I feel bad for the legit protestors, but the thugs from the other night screwed it up for everyone.

I don't accept this statement. The thugs from the other night screwed it up for themselves...the actions of a select few DO NOT warrant the removal of the majority's right to protest peacefully. As far as I'm concerned, the police had absolutely no right to charge upon these peaceful protesters. I would support the police's actions if there was ANY indication that the protesters posed a significant threat to life or liberty. They did not.

kind regards,
Tamale

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes my friends it was there.
I went the saturday and left before SHTF.
I have pictures and will upload them as soon as possible.
I have 4 cameras and for some reason my computer will not recognize them but it recognizes my key board.
I have tried for hours, downloading drivers and what not.
But i have some cool pictures and will get them up ASAP
I have an SD card full of pictures just no way to get them on to the computer

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HeinousOne

And the acts of vandalism are helping their cause how..?

You'd really like all those world leaders to get wiped out? The consequenses would be dire. You'll feel the real police state when that happens.
Not all protestors are peaceful. Without the fortress you'd see killing instead.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The acts of vandalism are acts of anger misguided and as has been shown were precipitated by acts of police agent provacateurs. They provided the spark and then others continued on. At some point in time peaceful protesters will have to stand their ground. The provacateur method of bringing a police crackdown has been effective but people like yourself will dwindle in numbers as more and more people become disillusioned with the protest process as it is torn apart time and time again by those that are supposed to be peace officers.

Instead they are Men at Arms for the new Nobility in our modern day NeoFeudalistic societies.

The Summit did not have to happen in the middle of a city. We are well beyond those days.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by HeinousOne]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HeinousOne

And now read my post about stopping the provokators. They are not helping your cause. Protest that ends up being a riot is wasted time and makes the good guys look bad.
I'm glad there are people who expose these scumbag provokators. I hate those people who let them act freely, then get attacked by cops and then cry how the brutal police attacked them.

This sitting thing was a provokation too. Why the need to move so close to the cops?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
just another mass distraction. There are many sides to the story. But in this day and age if the delegates need to be protected they should just skype/video conference. Total waste of resources. The entire G20 is scripted anyways. One giant photo Op. I am disillusioned after protesting the war in Iraq. How many millions protested that, what did it accomplish?

some of the protesters are fascists, the global government are Oligarchs, there are Anarchists, this that, label me this or that, its all become chaos, when the real problems never ever ever get addressed in an articulate matter.

THE THREE P's. POVERTY POLLUTION and POPULATION.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Bang on. It's real simple.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Show an example of protests in this day and age having any real affect. All our leaders understand these days is Fear. They are fear junkies, they spread fear to us because it is all they know. That is why peaceful protest does not work with them. They dont fear it so they dont pay any attention to it.

Yes I believe the violent side of these protest was indeed provacateured but honestly before the talk of evacuating the attendee's I highly doubt they paid any attention at all to the peacefully protesting "hippies" as you protestors are so commonly referred to as.

If their peaceful actions were respected and listened to, then they would not be demeaned. The crowds are not large enough, thus they are simply treated like misbehaving children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join