It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Do NOT Sit Down In Canada!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The cop were facing a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. The cops were pressured from politicians, citizens and store owners to move in and show why we paid $1.2 billion for security.

They should have done this the first day so people who actually want to protest peacefully can get the second.

The cops behaved disgusting the second day. They arrested many people and held them without charges. They put in concentration type prisons with a little bit of food and water.

Although some did deserve what they got, most were just at wrong place and time.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I have witnessed the result of the actions of G20 protesters before and they are not nearly as innocent as most of you are portraying them to be. The behaviour of G20 protesters in Australia brought shame and embarrassment to the all Australians. They acted like absolute thugs hell-bent on creating trouble and gaining attention.

Anyone care to explain how vandalising property and throwing rocks at police can effect economic change?

[edit on 28/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

Well, if they are going to spend $900 million on security, the protesters might as well make them work for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Anyone care to explain how vandalising property and throwing rocks at police can effect economic change?

You are confused.

Everyone can see it.

Your confusion lies with your inability to differentiate between persons. In this case that inability has lead you to believe that 'protesters' and 'vandals' are the same persons and groups.

Or you are just pretending to be confused. ....But that is something a troll would do and ATS doesn't have those.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

The majority of citizens DON'T have their property damaged.

The violence is almost always inflicted by the police.

And people can't protest because the cops attack them.

Any more stupid thoughts?

No, but business owners and the government sure did!

Violence was the burning cars, vandals, fights between the protesters themselves and MASKED gangs of idiots.

Can't protest? Sure they can, its when they become aggressive police need to do their jobs.

Any more stupid thoughts?

[edit on 28-6-2010 by mattias]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by mattias]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
You are confused.

Everyone can see it.

Your confusion lies with your inability to differentiate between persons. In this case that inability has lead you to believe that 'protesters' and 'vandals' are the same persons and groups.

I am revisiting my own experiences with activists protesting the G20 summit. I have witnessed a range of protests in my city and the vast majority of them are peaceful. The vast majority don't end with arrests, vandalism or violence.

I don't live in Canada and I can't say the protesters there are acting the same way as they did here. But that is an observation most people in this thread, including Mr. Lizard, cannot directly observe because we don't live there. I am able to recognise a pattern and the correlation between violence and vandalism is higher at these G20 meetings than most other forms of protest. I wonder why?

Or you are just pretending to be confused. ....But that is something a troll would do and ATS doesn't have those.

I'm not confused, acting confused or trolling. I'm trying to establish why you and others are so quick to assume law enforcement are at fault, even before sufficient evidence has come to light.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
We must spread this vid and others like it , make them go viral before you tube take them down

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I had some personal comments about your repeated use of the word "Thugs" but I will leave that aside out of respect for you and your opinion. I do wish however to bring up the fact that the Prime Minister and the media used that buzzword untold amount of times. I guess the repeat a lie enough and people will believe it rings true.

This tactic was used by the American government and other complicit governments to galvanize support to take over Iraq, Afghanistan and soon to be Iraq. I guess some people never learn.

Create an enemy and if people refuse to believe then call them unpatriotic. After all these "Thugs" are destroying the fabric of Canadian society. Or so they would like you to believe. How long will it be before opinion galvanizes that all protesters are thugs? My guess is that it won't be long.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I heard that some Canadians laid Canadian flags on the ground in front of the cops to see if they would march over their own flag to beat their fellows.

Apparently that's what they did.

I'd like to see pictures of that.

Not a very good point to go on, considering I've already seen festive Canada flag doormats at the local dollar store.

I'd like to see a picture of the tags on the flags, 99% chance they say made in PRC instead of Made in Canada / Fabrique au Canada

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm shocked & appalled by the show of force in this video.

I'm pretty sure that the incident that preceded this event was bought & paid for & this helped reinforce the idea of greater security measures.
Ta-da! This is why we have to spend so much on security.

The idea of sitting & singing the national anthem in protest can be seen in Orwell's Animal Farm (1943).

Here're some reference points:

www.enotes.com...

'(6) Examine the song "Beasts of England" as poetry. What imagery is present? What is the message? Why do the animals like it so much that they memorize it on the spot? To what emotions and needs does it appeal? (The song paints a vivid picture of the day when animals are at last free of man and all the symbols of slavery such as whips and spurs are gone. It appeals to their dreams of a more prosperous future, an abundance of food and the absence of cruelty, and the need for hope to keep an individual from giving up.)'
www.teachervision.fen.com...

Here's a link to the full cartoon version of the movie (8 parts):
www.youtube.com...
(I'm not sure which scene includes the singing protest scene, but I do encourage anyone who hasn't seen the movie to watch it. It speaks volumes regarding today's situations.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi

Not a very good point to go on, considering I've already seen festive Canada flag doormats at the local dollar store.

I want pictures of it.

It would be highly symbolic and any such shot would definitely be used in the media.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi

I want pictures of it.

It would be highly symbolic and any such shot would definitely be used in the media.

You want pictures of the police stepping on flags or the actual doormat? Either way they're both probably made in China.

I'll try and take a picture of it but no promises. Last time I took a cellphone picture of an object in the store (the famous Tik Tak bar) I got chased out by someone screaming Cantonese at me.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

I haven't heard or read any comments from Harper on this yet. "Thug" is however, an appropriate word to describe people dressed all in black, faces covered, with bats, smashing windows and burning cars. These are not protestors, these THUGS came to cause trouble. Unfortunately the legitimate protestors got caught up in it, but that is not the fault of the police. What the police did do wrong, was not responding in force earlier when the thugs were running around.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I have witnessed the result of the actions of G20 protesters before and they are not nearly as innocent as most of you are portraying them to be. The behaviour of G20 protesters in Australia brought shame and embarrassment to the all Australians. They acted like absolute thugs hell-bent on creating trouble and gaining attention.

Not economic change, total change.

All this BS is an illusion that only causes pain. Yea your degree and your job and your taxes keep you comfortable, but they are a cancer on others far away.. (though sometimes close to home). Slowly destroying the whole of humanity.

The violent protesters were merely neurons in the macro mind, firing off charges to combat an unnatural environment, and attempt to signal other neurons to follow suit. If you asked some of them why, maybe you would be surprised.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
We cannot tell from the video if they were told to move along. If that was the case and they refused, the police were right to move in. I feel bad for the legit protestors, but the thugs from the other night screwed it up for everyone.

are you #ting me?????

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Let me just say, as a Canadian - this is new and unheard of. What is going on in our own streets right now seem like clips from history from around the times of the first world wars. It is chaos and a police state, in a country where normally everything is tolerated, and even the largest events rarely need any police.

This is not typical of Canada, and whether it is thugs, police pretending to be thugs, or the protestors themselves acting out of fear I cannot say for certain - but I do know that it is highly unusual and is something most of my peers agree is highly unsettling as fellow Canadians. I know for a fact a good majority of us feel powerless and like our government has taken a drastic swing for the worst.

The freedom the protestors sing about in our national anthem is all but a farce now - at the very least while the G20 is here.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by anothersilentobserver]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Im not rally a supporter of violence but it certainly gets their attention doesn't it? Unfortunatly it takes a violent protest to let the almighty ones know that there are still some of us who will not stand for their crap. Weather or not that makes a difference to them is subject to debate. If the powers that be can justify starting wars and killing people then we have the right to be violent twords them when they get out of line in my opinion. Otherwise you look like a defenseless sheep cowering, wondering why you have no rights.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Not to bump my own thread (see bottom), but it didn't start here.

I posted this thread, concerning court testimony of a person who was paid by the FBI to try and stir up racism so people could be charged and arrested for it because it is also an admission of this same kind of thing, trying to create a situation to justify "punishment."

Since when did entrapment become a probable cause issue?

Since when we all agree that the police are qualified or paid to judge crime?

Police need to be regulated, people. Tazers, entrapment, and now straight-up nefariousness, for all to see.

They are not even trying to act as though they know it's wrong. Their confidence and brazenness tells me clearly that they do not expect to be challenged and that right and wrong is not even the point anymore.

Do they think we will continue to pay them to hurt us?!! Who is crazy here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
Not to bump my own thread, but it didn't start here.

I posted this thread because it is also an admission of this same kind of thing, trying to create a situation to justify "punishment."

Since when did entrapment become a probable cause issue?

Since when we all agree that the police are qualified or paid to judge crime?

Police need to be regulated, people. Tazers, entrapment, and now straight-up nefariousness, for all to see.

They are not even trying to act as though they know it's wrong. Their confidence and brazenness tells me clearly that they do not expect to be challenged and that right and wrong is not even the point anymore.

Do they think we will continue to pay them to hurt us?!! Who is crazy here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The rat backed into it's corner can kill even the cat, I fear it will be quite gruesome when the bonds are broken.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by anothersilentobserver
Let me just say, as a Canadian - this is new and unheard of. What is going on in our own streets right now seem like clips from history from around the times of the first world wars. It is chaos and a police state, in a country where normally everything is tolerated, and even the largest events rarely need any police.

This is not typical of Canada, and whether it is thugs, police pretending to be thugs, or the protestors themselves acting out of fear I cannot say for certain - but I do know that it is highly unusual and is something most of my peers agree is highly unsettling as fellow Canadians. I know for a fact a good majority of us feel powerless and like our government has taken a drastic swing for the worst.

The freedom the protestors sing about in our national anthem is all but a farce now - at the very least while the G20 is here.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by anothersilentobserver]

Well my grandparents had dual citizenship Canada and US, Canada is a beautiful country, clean, has some of the best beer and the majority of people are nice. The one thing that always bothered me is the whole king and queen thing, really so does that mean the people are just serfs? The ideology bothers me I mean pretty much worshiping a king and queen, royal bloodline, that would make me feel like an peon, like I was viewed as worthless. I would never be able to live in an environment like that so more power to the people who support that I guess, even over here our POTUS is just that definatly not someone I would worship. These leaders are placed up on pedestals and that goes to their heads, I guess it's we or us to blame for that.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If the protestors are so peaceful then why aren't they stopping the vandals because of whom they are getting their asses kicked?

[edit on 28/6/2010 by DGFenrir]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join