It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Do NOT Sit Down In Canada!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Seriously, what prompted the police to charge?

Was it the singing of the national anthem?

I hope they'll have to answer for doing things like leaving cop cars paid for by tax payers in the paths of the protests to slow them down, and breaking up peaceful protests like this.

EDIT: I'm going to add this video, just to make sure everyone knows that this DOES happen.

[edit on 28/6/10 by AmericanHero]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We cannot tell from the video if they were told to move along. If that was the case and they refused, the police were right to move in. I feel bad for the legit protestors, but the thugs from the other night screwed it up for everyone.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanHero

Looks like part of their protocol.

When they sit, we charge!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Yet another statement made to show people that the authorities will not tolerate or allow protesters to stand there ground, obviously the police were given the order to charge since they all moved at once so it wasn't because someone threw something.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This boils my blood . Any one familiar with city TV in Toronto, the motto is" City TV every where ." I bet this wont be shown City TV .

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
oops I spelled wrong. Sorry.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by wiredamerican]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I heard that some Canadians laid Canadian flags on the ground in front of the cops to see if they would march over their own flag to beat their fellows.

Apparently that's what they did.

I'd like to see pictures of that.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I was watching the guy in the red shirt down at the bottom of the screen right before the charge. It seemed as though he may have done something, because when he walked/ran up towards the other protestors sitting down, the cops on the bottom charged, and then the other cops followed suit. But I cannot really tell if he did anything because of the tree, so I just dont know.

Those Crazy Canadians.

Edit- I played it over and over again- and it does seem that the cops did in fact all move at once- there was an order given.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Arm yourself Canada!

You will have to defend yourself from the militarized police force with a low IQ.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The People own public roads and are paid by them, and it is within their right to move or sit as they please, more so in protest against injustices when they were ignored by legal means.

And for these paying taxpayers, directly or indirectly to be let loosed with the might of the Gestapo is very telling of the direction the Canadian govt is heading and siding with.

A few pieces of silver in the pockets and they profilagated;y spent billions to armed and pay Gestapos to protect the rich and their puppets, maiming the masses and tossing them into dog cages , billions of which were paid by the People.

This will never be forgotten.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's hard to tell what is going on from that short clip.

Perception is everything...this clip is clearly designed so the viewer is to percieve that the police charged for no reason.

Was an order given for them to all disperse or stay behind a certain point? Was something thrown?

I don't know....all I know is that the crowd was pretty stationary until a group of them went to sit down and then more started to move forward. The police may have had an order to "charge" if the crowd advanced...you don't really want to let a crowd to advance to where you are face to face with them.

To me, it seems like the "sitters" are trying to cross a line of some sort...or to slowly advanced their line towards the police.

Look people...if you don't want the police to charge at you...don't advance TOWARD them. I don't understand this way of thinking...people saying "look at those police charging that peaceful protest"....but they don't acknowledge that the crowd is advancing (even if it is slowly and while sitting) TOWARDS the police line.

If you want to protest...don't direct your protest TOWARD the police...they aren't the ones making th laws...they are there to keep order. And like it or not...they can't allow a large group of people to advance on a police line.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Why even a Gestapo line in the first place? Are the People dogs that must be herded, shove and push aside as and when the morons decides so? Have humanity lost their freedom? Were the protestors armed with rifles and bombs? Have they no rights to have their voices heard?

If the police had any decency and are humans, they should have just step aside and NOT hurt or maim their own fellow brothers and sisters. But no, they rather protect the rich and powerful, like wagging dogs that they really are!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

They were lined up because of the actions of the thugs the previous night. No matter what anyone thinks of the G20 or evern the businesses that were trashed, we cannot allow thugs to run around destroying things. Now I do not believe they were real protestors, just the usual punks you see in any situation like this. But because of them, everyone is a suspect.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
At least they waited for the national anthem to get over with before charging.

Not sure what made them charge, hard to tell from the angle but maybe people were throwing rocks or something?

[edit on 28-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Aren't these the sought of people that should be getting tazered? Instead of going after Old Granny Smith creating a scene at the local market, why not do the majority of citizens a favour and silence these clowns. The majority of citizens should not have to suffer damage to their property, violence and inconvenience just because a small group of idiots can't find figure out how to protest in a civilised manner.

[edit on 28/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Undercover toronto policemen accused of joining ptotest as the Black bloc and inciting the riot in their own city to make the potestors look bad.....
link posted in two of the other threads discussing this.....

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Aren't these the sought of people that should be getting tazered?

Why use the tazer?

If someone is so dangerous they should have their head blown off.

...but then they'd actually have to be dangerous, wouldn't they.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Aren't these the sought of people that should be getting tazered? Instead of going after Old Granny Smith creating a scene at the local market, why not do the majority of citizens a favour and silence these clowns. The majority of citizens should not have to suffer damage to their property, violence and inconvenience just because a small group of idiots can't find figure out how to protest in a civilised manner.

It appeared to me the people in the video were protesting in a peaceful manner. A very small number of protesters vandalize or cause problems, 99% of the people there are peaceful. They spent over a billion on security, the cost property damage is nothing in comparison. Plus it looks like there may be some provocateurs there again... Do know what would solve all the problems including inconvenience to citizens, billion dollar security and property damage? Not having a G20!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

The majority of citizens should not have to suffer damage to their property, violence and inconvenience just because a small group of idiots can't find figure out how to protest in a civilised manner.

The majority of citizens DON'T have their property damaged.

The violence is almost always inflicted by the police.

And people can't protest because the cops attack them.

Any more stupid thoughts?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I have witnessed the result of the actions of G20 protesters before and they are not nearly as innocent as most of you are portraying them to be. The behaviour of G20 protesters in Australia brought shame and embarrassment to the all Australians. They acted like absolute thugs hell-bent on creating trouble and gaining attention.

Anyone care to explain how vandalising property and throwing rocks at police can effect economic change?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join