It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Opinion Question for Y'all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Would Y'all be for the USA having the No Confidence Vote like the UK has? I think it would be great to have in cases where You have a really poor President like Jimmy Carter,GW Bush or Obama.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
Would Y'all be for the USA having the No Confidence Vote like the UK has? I think it would be great to have in cases where You have a really poor President like Jimmy Carter,GW Bush or Obama.

That's a good question! Apparently, unknown to me until now thanks to OP;

www.wisegeek.com...

In the United States, a no confidence vote is merely a symbolic act, although actions may be taken if an official or government fails a no confidence vote. The no confidence vote does alert the populace and the government to a problem, which can be very important.

This is something I'm interested in studying further. Thanks OP.

Eh. One thing just occurred to me... In order for the populace to be alerted, we'd have to rely on MSM? No wonder why I've never heard of it, besides being uneducated none the less!

[edit on (6/28/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Id like it to have more bite than being just symbolic. I'd also like to see the President in that case be able to call for Presidential elections if they were subject to such a vote.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
Id like it to have more bite than being just symbolic. I'd also like to see the President in that case be able to call for Presidential elections if they were subject to such a vote.

Myself, I would hope that the symbolism of such vote would entail the president getting handed over to the department of corrections as a direct result. No longer in a position of clout as to being at liberty to sit on a john without some guard handing him a roll of TP.

One can dream, as we know our votes aren't actually counted, but handed down to us.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here is video as to why I would vote no confidence;
It's an old video...I found it here; www.echoesofenoch.com...

[edit on (6/29/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Thanks for the link and the little education.

Based on that I would say no. In ultra-partisan politics it would allow a complete shutdown of the government which would ultimately be catastrophic, just because of differences of opinion. I think it's enough that we have the minority capable of filibustering everything, no need to insert more ways for the minority to undermine the will of the people.

top topics

join