It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Creepy' skies on Sunshine Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

'Creepy' skies on Sunshine Coast

www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au

A LUNAR eclipse, Michael Jackson’s face in the clouds and about 30 orange lights.

It was a spooky night if you cast your eyes skyward on the Sunshine Coast on Saturday.

First, half the moon disappeared when its glow was blackened by the earth’s shadow at 9.40pm.

Then there were multiple reports of clusters of orange lights from 10.10pm.

To continue the wonderment in our skies, photographer Nicola Brander captured an eerie face at 11pm.

Lauren Bennett had just finished her shift at Till’s Bit O Bull at Alexandra Headland when her colleague spotted orange lights in the sky.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...

[edit on 27-6-2010 by 12voltz]

[edit on 27-6-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I was watching the skies on the night of this report and i must say i think the Michael Jackson description was someone's over active imagination.I have been talking about the clouds recently with a friend and we are both under the impression that something is different in their formation and patterns,and then i see this and it appears other people are sensing something is different.Now this report comes from a fairly mainstream source who i would consider conservative.

www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
ancientcivilitazionandufo.blogspot.com...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Interesting because tonight or this afternoon we were blown away here in mo. by the color of the entire atmosphere.

It was so orange and psychedelic we had to stop what we were doing and go outside to check out the effects it made on 'all' the plants and trees on the property.

The strange color lasted until the sun set and was reminiscent of the way it looks prior to a tornado, only this was even more intense than any I have ever seen.

There were no warnings but we still checked with underground weather to make sure, according to all reports it was considered calm and yet we lost satellite service afterwards...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
As for the lights i didn't see them but i have recently seen some daytime anomalies in the form of a shiny orb on about three occasions in the last month in this area.I have no photo's so obviously i cant prove this .The newspaper report at the end suggests the lights were lanterns from a party but they seem fairly mainstream and conservative and are always quick to wrap the explanation,just my opinion.
The sky that night was impressive with a full moon and unusual clouds.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

NO.

MJ madness must end. he was a creepy singer. It's over. he died.

But I've been too negative recently.

It is a wonderfully awesome looking shot. The lighting especially.

As the Earth comes its closest to the sun, the full moon glares like a mighty searchlight in the sky. it is a beautifully orbiting spear of wonder and awe. It reminds me of a recent doctor who scene.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I just have to say this...

Who determined that the cloud formation was MJ?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Ah well the skies are a phenomena all their own, thanks for the lovely writing Op.

Goodnight and i thought highly of Michael Jackson and am sorry his last years were not more blissfull. I am one of those that never believed the tales told by those who stood to prosper from his life long career and hard work...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanHero

Well i think the paper may have taken some liberties with Ms Brander's description and they mention it was on the anniversary of his death .

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the laughs, this one was a riot

Whatever, no UFO, no MJ, no lights. Just a pic of a cloud.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Why no pix of the orange lights, I wonder? That's the most fascinating part of the story, not the silly clouds.

Fascinating, I say, because last night I dreamt that I was skygazing with a few other people, and I saw a cluster of small lights — about 30 of them, I reckon — all moving toward the east in a dense formation.

The formation slowly expanded and contracted in irregular patterns, like a flock of birds. I shouted for everyone to look at the UFOs!

As we all stood gaping at the spectacle, the formation seemed to slow and descend directly for us! Everyone except me ran like hell as the things came in low and buzzed our position. They were brilliant white orbs, moving so fast that they blurred as they passed directly overhead. End of dream.

I only occasionally dream about UFOs — odd that I'd have such a dream on a night when the beasties were actually on the prowl in Oz.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Strange coincidence maybe? Here's the story on the orange lights and i'm trying to find some footage.
link
www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I don't know about this story. But I live on the Sunshine Coast myself. The weather here has been beautiful these past few days.

The clouds are awesome the air is so clear especially at night it's been fantastic.

Can't say I noticed MJ or orange globes though.

new topics

top topics

join