It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalous Weather Radar Over Nuclear Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Greetings. I'm not really new here, been reading for years.

Got up this morning to check on Tropical Storm Alex since I live near Tampa, Florida. I went to the web site I always visit first for radar information. While observing the weather radar from:

www.aprsfl.net...

... I was astonished to see a "Smoke Ring" radar anomaly propagating from the Crystal River Nuclear Plant in Florida.

I was able to assemble numerous screen captures into a short video I posted on Youtube this evening.

www.youtube.com...

width="425" height="344"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/OaY_BVdlbAI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

As a student of the sciences, I frankly can't account for this radar imagery.

Anyone care to speculate?

- tidewalker

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Oh wow. Odd. I hope someone here knows what that might be. I didn't even realize there was a nuclear plant there.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It seems like this would happen when they superheat the rods in water right?

Or would that not form a ring?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
WOW. That is just perplexing. Is this real? It's like a star sucking in precipitation!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
A bunch of our fine feathered friends.

This radar signature, known as a "roost ring," occurs as birds leave their roost and fly into the air. The roost ring expands until the birds begin foraging after dispersing.

www.crh.noaa.gov...

virtual.clemson.edu...

www.eol.ucar.edu...

weblogs.marylandweather.com...

[edit on 6/28/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Looks like you nailed it. Strange that I saw this for the first time yesterday. I've been observing my local radar pretty much daily for years.

The links you posted depict a nearly identical radar signature to the event that occurred yesterday near Crystal River, Florida.

Thanks for your insight.

- tidewalker

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Same thing happened this morning (7/13/2010 @ approx 6:30 am). I don't buy the bird story for two reasons. 1) It is too symmetrical (Birds travel in flocks, not expanding rings). 2) If it was birds, they wouldn't be traveling that far out into the gulf looking for food. They would stay closer to shore or go inland.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Oh yes, gotta be birds.. because we all know that birds fly in circular patterns away from each other over the ocean..

geez.... C'mon people, when was the last time you saw a flock of birds fly away from each other in all directions. Is it something nefarious? I dunno.. Is it something strange?? I dunno... What is it? I dunno!! NOBODY DOES.. any answer is "theory" and speculation..

Again, why is it so hard to come to a conspiracy website and say "hm, interesting.. i don't know WHAT that is"?? ...

If you seek conventional answers to something like this, simply google "smoke ring shape on radar" and you'll get a whole plethura of answers to choose from... including "birds".. pick the one you want or do what you should do as a human being and allow your natural intuition and instinct to give you the answer..

Relying on people here to google the answer for you is not the answer.. Regardless, is it really so hard to believe that not everything that happens on this planet and is posted here is swamp gas, chinese latterns, birds or light reflecting off of Uranus!!??

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tidewalker

I can see why this captured your attention. I, too, captured some strange anomalies and I questioned.... My thread w/photos can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Same type thing as mine...caught on several radars... same day.

Nowww, it's birds?? Tooo many things it could be eh?

new topics

top topics

join