It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Books......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
After reading your replies i bought Born in Blood , cost me about $25. Thanks for the help

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A good choice, but the others mentioned throughout the thread will give hours of thought provoking erudition. Keep us posted as to your progress, with both tome, and your journey to Light. As always should questions arise, this forum is a good place for resolution.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANTONIO
After reading your replies i bought Born in Blood , cost me about $25. Thanks for the help

�Born In Blood� is an interesting book, but it should be noted that much of it has been debunked. Robinson wrote the book before he became a Mason, with no personal experience of Freemasonry, and had based most of his book on other commonly available books he had read. Shortly before his death, after having seriously studied Freemasonry, he recanted some of the conclusions reached in �Born In Blood�, especially concerning the popular (but fictional) theory that Freemasonry is descended from the Knights Templar.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
OK, if you want very very guilty pleasure, try the "Adept" series by Katherine Kurtz and Deborah Harris. This is a sort of "Masonic James Bond" series, maybe not the best written, but also a little fun. Of course, I haven't finished reading the first one yet, so I may be wrong

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

�Born In Blood� is an interesting book, but it should be noted that much of it has been debunked. Robinson wrote the book before he became a Mason, with no personal experience of Freemasonry, and had based most of his book on other commonly available books he had read. Shortly before his death, after having seriously studied Freemasonry, he recanted some of the conclusions reached in �Born In Blood�, especially concerning the popular (but fictional) theory that Freemasonry is descended from the Knights Templar.

Fiat Lvx.

Where can i find these recantments considering i have bought the damn thing now?

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Where can i find these recantments considering i have bought the damn thing now?

In an article he wrote for the Scottish Rite Journal. Back issues of the Journal can be read on the Supreme Council 33�'s website:

www.srmason-sj.org...

I don't remember which issue it was in, I'll have to look it up in my magazines if you can't find it online.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
have any idea what year? Theres quite an archive.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

have any idea what year? Theres quite an archive.

I don't remember, but I'm sure it was previous to 1998, as that is the year Bro. Robinson passed away (if I remember correctly).

For a historically accurate account of the history and evolution of Freemasonry, I can think of no better starting place than �A Comprehensive View of Freemasonry� by Henry Wilson Coil, 33�, K.T.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hey fellas

I checked out a book from the library on the Knights Templar...

www.amazon.com...=1087690824/sr=8-14/ref=pd_ka_14/103-2044276-4459803?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

I haven't read more than the preface but just from that I think it's going to be a good read. I am finding out I am way more interested in history since I started coming here. Anyway I think the Knights in particular are fascinating, and am very much looking forward to learning about them. I think I read somewhere that there is an Order of the Knights Templar still operating. Does the modern day organization have anything to do with the historical Knights Templar?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
[edit on 7/6/04 by The Axeman]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join