It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Arkansas Earthquakes in 2 days?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
reply to post by Antoniastar

Well I find it less valid, Indiana is quite far from the New Madrid Seismic zone.

Great research though.

Well apparently you do not read to much on the internet.

New research by U.S. Geological Survey scientists is casting doubt on the long-held idea that the New Madrid fault zone in Missouri’s Bootheel unleashed a series of devastating earthquakes in 1811-12.

In a new study, the researchers say the culprit may have instead been the Wabash Valley Fault line that runs through southern Indiana and Illinois.

Scientists say there hasn’t been a magnitude 6.0 earthquake on the New Madrid Fault in more than a century. But in the last 20 years, there have been at least three magnitude 5.0 or greater tremors along the Wabash Valley Fault.

Wabash Valley fault is new suspect in 1800's earthquakes.

Maybe you should apologize?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

That little orange circle is suspiciously close to Gravette, AR! LOL!

Maybe all the activity was the underground aliens/NWO/lost race/Atlanteans/Mayan subculture moving equipment to the cave entrance in Gravette?

The oddest thing to me. We had all that activity for a week, then an entirely dead day, and now activity again? What is going on there? This is not an area of frequent activity. None of the 4 Earthquakes on that intellicast page are in areas of frequent Earthquakes? Something extremely odd is happening? Abiotic Oil moving toward the Gulf? Gravity capitulations from sun activity? 2012? Just another Earth Cycle that we don't understand, but are about to get a crash course in?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Why should I apologize?

The New Madrid Seismic fault runs through 5 states, Indiana isn't one of them.

Quakes in that region can be felt as far as Boston and New York, if the ground cracks there does it mean that it's because of an earthquake in a that zone? Probably not.

The seemingly tremendous effects being felt in Indiana, would sure be replicated elsewhere, closer to the fault zone.

I'm not saying the person's account isn't true, I'm just doubting the claim that its due to seismic activity in the New Madrid Fault.

Is it possible, sure. Is it likely, no. Not in my opinion.

Because they had an earthquake 200 years ago, doesn't imply to me that this is the same thing.

Correlation doesn't imply causation.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah the dead day was very suspicious to me as well. These quakes that are not near normally active areas are very interesting and I don't know what to think of them. I do know that I am going to keep a close eye on them. I think maybe the abiotic oil idea should be investigated further by geologists, it would appear to have at least a little validity.

Maybe it is the aliens!

Maybe we should buy up some land in one of these areas and drill a big hole! We may get to move on to Beverly after that!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

Well if they've set up the new monitoring site, I'm sure results will be coming at some point.

They should be able to tell if they are natural earthquakes, or a result of the gas drilling in the areas.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Man I LOVE ATS!!

You guys are awesome. I always know that ATS has the best and brightest and that although there are some crazy claims and theories on aliens and hollow earth and whatever else, there area also people that research and dig and find all the facts and connections and formulate hardened theories!

Thank you for everyone's participation in this thread. I grew up on the Missouri/Arkansas/Oklahoma/Kansas border in the "Four State Area." The New Madrid Fault was always a concern for us. Now I live on the Gulf Coast and we have more immediate problems to deal with! It seems folks are being hammered from all sides with Man-made and Natural disasters, plus economic ones. Most interestingly though, all the disasters have connections back to big business! BP, Haliburton, Goldman Sachs, etc., etc. What the hell is going on with that? Earthquakes, financial crisis, oil spills, wars, and they all point back in one direction to one source?

Hi getreadyalready,

You're welcome. It's something that I luv to do...dig...to plant flowers, to find the truth or for whatever. You dig? I wouldn't go so far to say I'm "the best and the brightest" but thank you anyway.

Here's a "crazy claim" for ya. I SMELL SABOTAGE and it stinks. PEW. It smells like death and destruction. *Bring your dead the dark one is coming*

Listen, I've made a connection, I think I have bridged two seemingly completely separate events, bringing them together into conspiracy theory.

What if, now of course, this is pure speculation, TPTB think of people as wild animals roaming their Earth and multiplying and destroying the land?

Get inside their head and tell me what you see.

Okay what do we humans do when there are too many deer? We hunt and kill them.

What if we are like deer to TPTB. Okay hold that thought.

Enter another piece to the puzzle...Planet X. This is something that is out of control of TPTB. The best that they can do is get off the planet. So, really, there's not a lot of time to hunt humans.

Why bother anyway? Planet X will kill off the humans. I don't want to lose anyone so let me tell you now...this is where it gets intense.

Bare with me. In the past, depopulation was necessary (coming from TPTB). It is no longer applicable. Only why not let us deer think it's applicable to cover up the real agenda? If you want someone to believe that they have a future with you, or a future in general, they're going to go on planning and discussing as if that future is really going to happen. It's a basic ploy of psych-ops (layman's terms - "head games"). So if I believe that humans are slated for depopulation, that means that TPTB want a "more manageable population" to lord over. Which equates to a future condition here on Earth. You don't really think they're going to cart off a select population to Mars do ya? Naw, if they want a slave nation on Mars then it's easier to have them already there, a long time ago.

Talk about a conspiracy within a conspiracy. Whew.

Okay now, what if TPTB not only are taking as many resources with them to, say, Mars as they can without giving their plan away? Plus they work-horse us to death in order to meet the deadline, which is approximately sometime in 2014.

Now, let's talk about geography for a minute. What if "America's heartland"
is inclined toward the Gulf of Mexico. That would explain why the Mississippi River runs downstream into that area and why there is a "dead zone" along the Gulf of Mexico coastline.

serc.carleton.edu...

What else does gravity effect to "run downstream"? Any valuable natural resources? What if drilling for oil and gas and what have you, causes the heart of America to go into a massive earthquake? I was told that it will only take one foot of earth to sink before the Great Lakes spill into the Gulf of Mexico (haven't verified that, it came from a native Minnesotan).

What a mess that would make.

I find it interesting the areas on the dead zone map that are outlined as contributing to "hypoxic" could very well be the same area of another kind of dead zone. I find it awfully suspicious that the Gulf of Mexico is a dead zone in at least two different ways.

here's a little map that I put together for easy reference...

I don't know how to find out what kind, if any, natural resources are in the Mississippi River region and surrounding areas. This would explain the tremors, both man-made as well as from drilling that can't be explained by related faults and lines alone.

It's worth a thought or two ain't it? Call me loony (I don't care) but there is probably a common denominator in all of this mish-mash and I think it all points to "BIG BUSINESS" and possibly to one of the biggest conspiracies of all.

Toni

P.S. Hopefully someone will be able to make more coherent sense out of my ideas. lol

edit to add to "depopulation debunk" on 1-7-2010 by Antoniastar

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by PuterMan

Well, according to intellicast there hasn't been any activity? Odd cluster of small Earthquakes at extremely shallow depth in an entirely new area, and then they stop as quickly as they started?

Very odd? I will continue to watch.

It's possible that Inellicast intentionally did not report activity for that day. Who knows? TPTB are seasoned tricksters. What if they know that we are monitoring Intellicast for activity? Maybe not, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Guess what I found? Intellicast is run by WSI corp. and here is something that is laying around on their website, no need to do any diggin' here...

"The only thing more powerful than weather is our ability to help you profit from it."

www.wsi.com...

Sound familiar? Yip.

Notice the list of "customers" at the bottom of the homepage.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I wondered about TPTB hiding the quakes once they noticed we were watching it. I am reasonably certain that they monitor ATS so it makes sense that they may notice us referencing particular sources.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Both the Mariana and Marid fault extend out into the GOM.
Second line.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roald
I believe the quakes in White County are related to natural gas drilling. The reason why I believe that, is the fact that the quakes are shallow. If the quakes are occurring deep in the ground, it would likely eliminate natural gas drilling as a possible contributor. And as far as I know, natural gas drilling seems to be such a booming industry there that landowners are more than willing to lease their mineral rights to drilling companies.

White County is also one of 10 counties within the Fayetteville Shale, where there are more than 2,000 wells drilling for natural gas.

Hi Roald,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the matter.
You seem very knowledgeable about the "booming" natural gas drilling industry and land owners and leasing mineral rights, etc.

I have a question for you...

If you were an Alien , how would you transport natural gas to Mars?

Now remember, you are a Martian and you have advanced Martian technology.

Toni

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Well I find it less valid, Indiana is quite far from the New Madrid Seismic zone.

Great research though.

Thank you!
You bring up a good point. If Bob (xxx) is telling the truth and there really are those problems with cracking and vibrating et. all and it is not related to the New Madrid Seismic zone then I sure would like to know what could be causing problems in Indiana.

If all the shaking and breaking in Northwest Indiana is caused by a fissure/s that's connected to the NMSZ, that haven't been detected yet or some other correlation that we don't about...I sure would like to know about that as well.

We need more people from Indiana to confirm Bob's story.

Toni

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

Great research though.

Well apparently you do not read to much on the internet.

New research by U.S. Geological Survey scientists is casting doubt on the long-held idea that the New Madrid fault zone in Missouri’s Bootheel unleashed a series of devastating earthquakes in 1811-12.

In a new study, the researchers say the culprit may have instead been the Wabash Valley Fault line that runs through southern Indiana and Illinois.

Scientists say there hasn’t been a magnitude 6.0 earthquake on the New Madrid Fault in more than a century. But in the last 20 years, there have been at least three magnitude 5.0 or greater tremors along the Wabash Valley Fault.

Wabash Valley fault is new suspect in 1800's earthquakes.

Maybe you should apologize?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Oneolddude]

Hi Oneolddude,

Thank you for posting the info about the new research. I hadn't heard about it before! Interesting because, in case of a "Great Earthquake" in the Midwest, it makes a difference as to where the epicenter is located.

Okay now, since I came across this thread, I'm thinking about 3 major seismic zones, instead of just one, the New Madrid, to fit into a big picture.

Toni

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

reply to post by memarf1

Well if they've set up the new monitoring site, I'm sure results will be coming at some point.

They should be able to tell if they are natural earthquakes, or a result of the gas drilling in the areas.

Yah right.
Can you count to 20 years? How about 2 years? Sure you can. Well I'd get counting I were you. It might make the time go faster.

The TPTB know every single thing about our geography and have for a long time. Their technology is far more advanced than they lead us to believe.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

If I was an alien from Mars then I guess I would not be depended on gas or oil...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1

I wondered about TPTB hiding the quakes once they noticed we were watching it. I am reasonably certain that they monitor ATS so it makes sense that they may notice us referencing particular sources.

Hi memarf1,

Yip the TPTB know what we're monitoring and when and what for and how much and and and...

Imagine for a moment that you post at ATS and your post is instantly transformed into a gigantic bill board and everyone that drives by this bill board can easily read the big bold letters of your post.

That's how it is with TPTB. Except they don't just drive by and read your post, they dissect it and analyse it, as if it's a school project. Then they sew it back together and put it in a jar to watch it.

They hide stuff all the time. But they don't want us to hide anything.

Toni

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roald

If I was an alien from Mars then I guess I would not be depended on gas or oil...

Why not? What if you were going to Mars for a very long time.

What if you could draw off what you've already tapped into but you couldn't excavate any longer?

You can't deny that Earth is rich in resources such as gas and oil. Why not siphon off what you can while there's still time?

Okay...just pretend that you are an alien and you want to export oil and gas to Mars, how would you do that?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wow, 4 more so far today, 1 near Fort Smith, 2 near Oklahoma city and 1 northwest(although a bit farther away) of Plano/Dallas area! Seems a small circle is forming that connects to the Oil Spill in the Gulf!

www.intellicast.com...
The 2,5 in Oklahoma, south of Fox seems to be close to a fault line and the depth are 5km, so might not be anything special about that one except that I don't recall many quakes in that area.

The other one, North of Fox seems to lay in the middle of an oil field. Might be wrong.

The 2.6 close to Harrah is located in an area with frequent quakes. If you check it out you will find that the majority of the quakes have a depth of 5km. Seems like quakes in this size and up to 3+ are quite common in that particular area so I would not make t much out of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
Second line.

Hi Slugger,

Thanks!!!! I didn't know that. How very interesting.

Toni

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
Second line.

Give us some links to that info. I don't find any on the net. At least not yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Seems like the area is still shaking a bit.

M 1.0, Arkansas ( at Searcy again)

Date: Saturday, July 10, 2010 07:19:05 UTC
Saturday, July 10, 2010 02:19:05 AM at epicenter
Depth: 0.10 km (0.06 mi)

then a M 1.9, Arkansas (outside Quitman)

Date: Thursday, July 8, 2010 09:50:07 UTC
Thursday, July 8, 2010 04:50:07 AM at epicenter
Depth: 0.10 km (0.06 mi)

Interesting also is the M 2.0, Arkansas, not far from Dell

Date: Sunday, July 4, 2010 05:15:24 UTC
Sunday, July 4, 2010 12:15:24 AM at epicenter
Depth: 7.60 km (4.72 mi)

Looks like the last one have connection to New Madrid Fault Line.
Have been several quakes in Lake and New Madrid area in July.
(Tennessee and Missouri)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join