It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your heritage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This could be fun to see what ancestral backgrounds are of my fellow members. Another user started a thread on ATS a month back. But I can't find the thread at all. Well let me start the thread off with my ancestral background. Few of you already know I'm of mixed heritage. My races include Blackfoot, Cherokee, Cuban, English, German, Filipino, French, Greek, Irish, Italian, Jewish, Latin, Mexican, Persian, Russian, and Spanish. My ancestors must of been in the mood of love to mix so much. Most of my ancestry comes from my father. While my mom is mainly European American.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am half German and half Sicilian, although I found out my German side was originally French. My dad is German, well I did my family history on the name and found out it was changed from a FRENCH spelling in the mid 1800's to the current German spelling. Before it was changed I traced it back to the 1200's as a French name. The change in spelling is not that far off, a few letters at the end and one in the beginning. I was even more surprised when I got in contact with my dad and he told me this information as well. I was tracing my family looking for my dad and to have him tell me what I found out was awesome! He said the only thing nobody really understands is the name change.....

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I am half Cherokee - my Mother was full Cherokee and she raised me. My father Irish/English. Grandmother full Irish and Grandfather English.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Pure Aryan Übermensch

Just kidding, I'm actually mostly Polish and Russian

[edit on 27-6-2010 by nick_napalm]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Spiritually speaking: Indian - both South Asian and Native American.

But honestly, who will tell the truth nowadays?

Profiling is not necessary but interesting, eh?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Not exactly sure My great great grandfather left his wife and kids and died in prison, my great grand father left his wife and kids and died in prison, my grandfather left his wife and kids and died in prison, and my father left his wife and kids and will someday die in prison. The other side is kinda all over the place so i think im a bit of everything besides indian or black. So that would make me 1/4 criminal a 1/4 alcoholic and 1/2 american.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
English and irish as far back as anyone can tell! I really look it though, i'm whiter than Casper! light brown hair blue eyes thick bones etc etc

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

50% Polish
20% German
10% Nordic/Viking
5% itallian
5% Native American
5% Swedish
5% Humanzee
5% Integrity
5% Speculation

110% Primate

however, (allegedly) i am outnumbered 11 to 1 by "natural flora" cells with different dna than my own inside my own body.

according to the panspermia concept, i am partially not of this world, allegedly. and the number of laws that are too many to count in one life time, yet are mandatory expectations neccessary to conform to those around me.

i also am taught that (allegedly) i share more than 99.7% of the same dna with my fellow ATS members, clones.

sincerely, my interpretation is that i may be in part,
E.T.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Me im Norwegian, german, scots, thats my mothers side , my dads side im jewish, African, Puerto Rican and spainish.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

If I remember correctly, it was the French who actually started surnames. Had something to do within the origins of coats of arms etc.

My family line traces back to the Celts and the Picts.. not that there was much difference between the two.. seeing as a vast majority of Europe was Celtic at one point.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Dad's side....Minor noble family in Wales...one of my ancestors was a Sheriff of Nottingham (I love being the villain), although I don't think it was the same time frame as the reputed Robin Hood character.....and some Irish. (and fairly distantly, a little bit of Sioux Native American)...

Mom's side....pretty much all English.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
English mother, Irish/American father Grandfather is Lakota,
So a nice mix lol,

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My paternal grandfather's family and surname are full blood Scottish, later to be banished from their border clan near Liddesdale by the English and chased into Northern Ireland, where they later boarded a ship for the Americas in the early 1800's.

My paternal grandmother is 1/2 Irish and 1/2 Welsh.

My maternal grandmother was full on Irish, and my maternal grandfather was 3/4 Irish and 1/4 N.C. Cherokee Indian.

The first historical mention of my last name was a lowly archer who fought next to Robert the Bruce, he became noteworthy when he launched an arrow that pierced the eye of some famous English nobleman. The second hostorical mentioning came when one of the clan members was convicted in 1685 for plotting against the Catholic Duke of York.

According to the official family website, we were a clan of border reivers and horse thieves who lived along the English /Scots border and were notorious for robbing and warring with not only the English, but other rival Scottish factions as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My European heritage is German, French and English. (With English my native language.)
Yeah, 3 nations who have traditionally been at war with each other. I'd do what I can to bring more peace between them. Prejudice is also a form of warfare.
Someone once told me I'm French in character. I read a book about French character, which corresponded.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Aquarius1011 because: Add info

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Scot, primarily, Irish, and some Choctaw. There were 6 brothers that came over from Aberdeenshire, Scotland in the mid 1800s. That's my fathers line, but his mother was Irish/Choctaw. My mother's line is also primarily scottish, but I haven't traced it back too far. Her mother, I believe, was Scot/Choctaw.

Lot's of Clan/Tribe blood flowing through these veins

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I got lucky and stumbled on my family tree online....someone else in the family had done it. I was surprised at the detail. Goes all the way back to when my family first came here in the colonial days, amazing record keeping. We originally came into Virginia, and then there was a split, where some came to Florida, some went to California (and created the wine bearing my family name), and others stayed in New England states.

new topics

top topics

join